Kurogane's corner of tidbits

Alright, Kurogane here and this is a thread that I created in order to broaden some people's views on the world of writing. Well, not really but just some tidbit information and a few helpful tips here and there about writing (via my writing style and/or my previous job as a professional erotica novelist in Japan. And yes, I had my own editor and I did publish my works under a company but for privacy sake, I will not reveal my alternate pen name. P.S. The reason for privacy is because I want to hide from the chat and I don't want people to know my pen name)

Okay, As some of my readers from my other stories, here in RRL, they would think that I would be giving a erotic lesson on how to descriptively enhance the writing scenes on sexual parts BUT no. 

The tidbit that I want to talk about is dialogue. Yes, that scornful communicative word that a lot of authors and novelists tend to hate. Dialogue is something that describes interaction between two characters or more (Some come in the form of talking to oneself but generally, it is between two or more characters).

Now dialogue is something that shows development between a story's plot or character growth. Depending on the words that are being said, it can further enhance the story by reveal plot lines or show a character's personality and how act.  

This is fairly common in most dialogues and many authors, even myself, had struggled with it.

Struggling as in how to represent the characters through speech or how to develop a scene or maybe introduce a climax. Dialogues are just as important as the plot of the story. Therefore we need to develop a sense of "personifying" or rather "impersonate". 

Characters are merely creations that need guidance so a lot of authors tend to impersonate their own characters into developing a sense of dialogue. Many authors like to follow personalities and traits that are characteristics from various novels. Impersonation is something fairly common since it is one of the easiest ways on developing dialogue but it also causes problems like character dependency. Like the story cannot develop without having this specific character that you decided to impersonate. This is something that is very bad within a lot of stories and the story line cannot continue. This is something I dubbed, "Character Dependency". Although, I am pretty sure that there's a proper term for this however,I do not know. I am just a Japanese man that has a past of writing novels and stories. 

This is one of the tidbits that I am publishing and I will continue to do so in the future....
Kurogane
https://i.imgur.com/w0Ny85Q.jpg