Quality of Life tools

Hopefully Helpful Heave of Heaven v2.0DrakanWine

Hi there! I made this post a couple of years ago, and I've decided to update it in a structure that can hopefully help someone be more productive in their day to day life. Through introducing resources that can help you stay organized, and focused along with learning tools to help with other aspects of life.
This is my project for an ultimate quality of life package!

Stay Organized! 
The customizability of this is the most appealing aspect because from taking notes, to recording your finances, or staying on top of your calendar.
LAZI System
A highly helpful informative video to help people gain an insight on how to find a productive system that works for you. 
Take advantage of the times where you find yourself to be more creative for writing!
Writing tools!
Learn to Music and Art, it can become therapy or the the ublocker to writing blocks!
Nowadays, most programs like GIMP have caught up to Adobe Photoshop CS6. While not as versatile- in the end, it doesn't matter because your skills decide the end results. Blaming the program, now, is silly.
Blender is the free and open source 3D creation suite. It supports the entirety of the 3D pipeline—modeling, rigging, animation, simulation, rendering, compositing and motion tracking, even video editing and game creation. Advanced users employ Blender’s API for Python scripting to customize the application and write specialized tools; often these are included in Blender’s future releases. Blender is well suited to individuals and small studios who benefit from its unified pipeline and responsive development process.
Inkscape is professional quality vector graphics software which runs on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. It is used by design professionals and hobbyists worldwide, for creating a wide variety of graphics such as illustrations, icons, logos, diagrams, maps and web graphics. Inkscape uses the W3C open standard SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) as its native format, and is free and open-source software.
Guitar is one of the few instruments out there that’s actually pretty easy to learn if you’re a little older, making it one of the most accessible instruments. Still, learning how to play still takes some direction, at least for most people, so a guy named Justin decided he was going to help out. His website provides hundreds of free guitar lessons that range in different styles, depending on how you want to play. His schedule for learning is pretty easy to follow, and the site is a great stepping stone for people wanting to pick the instrument up.
Programming
A vast library of books on programming languages.
If you haven’t noticed by now, the Internet has pretty much taken over everything, which means the skill of coding and developing websites is in higher demand than ever, and that’s not likely to change. With Codeacademy, you can use free tutorials that teach you the basics of coding with interactive and handy tools for helping you become an expert.
Notepad++ is a free (as in "free speech" and also as in "free beer") source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages.
Want to take your coding skills to the next level? Learn Street helps teach you how to use advanced coding scripts such as JavaScript, Python and Ruby without making your head explode. It even provides a service for helping you teach advanced code to others.
A healthy body is a healthy mind!
A really helpful guide for those who want to get into shape and/or lose weight,
I personally recommend this because it really clears a lot of misunderstandings and also enlightens you on certain things.
A running plan that will help you achieve your goal of beginning to run your first 5K. Personally, It was very easy to get into because it doesn't demand much of you like a workout.
Stronglifts 5×5 is one of the  most simplest, and effective workout to get stronger fast. Thousands of people have used the StrongLifts 5×5 workout to gain strength, build muscle and burn fat. The program is easy to follow and only takes three workouts a week of about 45 minutes.
When we think of exercising and gym techniques, we typically think of bodybuilders and jocks from high school. Nerd Fitness aims to provide resources for getting in shape from a nerd’s point of view. All of the guides, blogs and fitness tips on this site have a geek flavor that is intended to make anyone who feels uncomfortable at the gym feel right at home here.
Fitness blueprints: no-equipment visual workouts, fitness programs and challenges, training and running tips, recipes and nutrition advice.
This is a favourite of mine, the visual workouts are great, everything's straight froward. So if you're not looking for a fuss and you want to workout right away. This is the way to go! 
[size=5] Learning Languages to acquire knowledges about new Cultures = MORE IDEAS!
Duolingo is a free version of Rosetta-Stone that delivers the same results: teaching you another language. Regular use of the site can have you speaking and writing Spanish, English, German, French, Portuguese and Italian in a matter of months depending on the diligence you put into it. Hopefully, even more languages will become available soon.
Cooking
Founded by Michael Chu, Cooking for Engineers goes further than just providing recipes. The site is a blog that is geared toward making your food taste good. Additionally, his analytical take on ingredients and cooking recipes is interesting and will likely change the way you approach cuisine.
All-round Learning
As much as I would love an education at MIT, that isn’t really in the cards. Thankfully, the educators at the Massachusetts Institue of Technology decided to give out information for tons of courses online through Open Courseware. Hundreds of millions of people have benefitted from the information that they can learn from these courses, starting a trend for other sites to offer free courses as well.
Have you ever wanted to ask someone famous a question, but you suffer from never having the chance? Thanks to Quora, you can read the opinions and answers of fascinating (and varied) questions from the leading experts in pretty much everything. You can answer questions too and get feedback from numerous others who share your love for a given topic.
For years, people have been benefitting from TED talks that provide free insights from the world’s smartest people. TED provides the value and learning growth of a seminar, but without the exorbitant costs and travel expenses, by providing visitors with tons of free video lectures. The app is also great for catching up on the latest talks, and you can even download some on iTunes.
It’s no secret that the key to memorizing information is mastering recall. With flashcards, you can recall things faster, making Anki an ideal resource for using flashcards online. Unlike other sites that use flashcards, Anki allows you embed more than just text. You can use video, audio and images to help you start studying faster and smarter.
Using games to learn is something I’ve treasured since Kindergarten, making Lumosity a trusted resource for me and countless others. Using a daily schedule of games, Lumosity is literally designed to make you more clever. As you progress, the software figures out what your strengths and weaknesses (such as memory or math skills) and assigns you games accordingly. The best part is that the games are actually addicting and fun to look forward to!
Ideal for high school and college students, Cliffsnotes provides valuable resources like study guides and test prep for standard books and subjects you’ll have to read anyway. The site also provides resources for math and science, giving you the chance to finally master the dark arts of homework.
There are things we want to know about, and then there are things we didn’t know we wanted to know about. HowStuffWorks addresses the latter by providing information on a variety of topics and eye-opening facts that will broaden your horizons.
Have you ever wanted to pick up a subject you’re not well-versed in, but you didn’t have the money to invest in a college course? Khan Academy aims to provide education at the collegiate level for anyone who wants it. They provide resources for learning pretty much every subject out there, including math, science, history and more. As you learn, the platform will even assess your progress and help you gauge what you’ve learned.
Finance
Investopedia was born to provide a news blog that makes it easy to digest and really understand the financial markets. There are tons of resources like tutorials and videos that will help you keep up with the ever-changing world of money, and the news stories will keep you coming back for more.
Reading
According to Spreeder, a lot of us have trouble reading quickly because we can only read as fast as our “inner voice” can. Spreeder’s solution is to teach you to read without an inner voice, boosting reading speed and comprehension immensely. The best part? It’s totally free.
Imagine a library with tons of free books that you can keep for the rest of your life. Actually, you don’t have to imagine that because Project Gutenberg gives you the ability to download thousands of free e-books, and it’s completely legal.
Misc
A vastly superior alternative to puush / gyazo / lightshot
-uses imgur servers so NEVER slow in "peak hours" like with puush
-gives you the option to have it connected with your imgur account so instead of just uploading as "anon" to imgur they upload to your account, or a specific album if you wish
-gives you a direct link to clipboard instead of a link to a page cluttered with facebook shit and the picture embedded (good for pasting into fj upload via url like puush)
-when drawing a rectangle around the area to cap it gives the height/width in pixels
a list of the settings to change upon install for best experience:
after capture tasks = i.imgur.com/hvMCbFd.png
after upload tasks = i.imgur.com/1UyydNE.png
destinations -> destination settings = i.imgur.com/N4nHUcT.png
(click open authorize page to get the code, then change account type to "User" and make sure use direct link is ticked, you can also set to specific album if you want)
(You'll use http://YOURACCOUNTNAME.imgur.com/all/ to view the pics)
task settings = i.imgur.com/f5GfEvj.png (disable the sound made after capture is made, pointless)
task settings -> image = i.imgur.com/6C1zbFI.png (set both to PNG so it won't convert to jpg if too big)
hotkey settings = i.imgur.com/E37f2HG.png (whatever you want i guess, I just copied puush)
(it also captures cursor by default but can be disabled)
Seriously, get this. It basically puts a yellow filter on your screen, eliminating that blue light, which is a lot less straining for your eyes at night.
100% Recommended. It allows you to have animated wallpapers, from wallpapers that react to music to those that play their own themes.
It's a great grab, for me there's nothing better to see when the screen starts up then this.
CCleaner is Disk Cleanup On Steroids
I hope this helps somebody.

Re: Hopefully Helpful Heave of Haven

Nice contribution! There are some cool things you post there, and I will share some of my own too!

Productivity / Organization

Notion is a fantastic tool for almost everything you want to do. It could be a schedule, a place to write, a digital bullet journal to track your progress and not rely on other app/programs. It has a free membership, which offers you a lot of things for personal use!

I use it mostly to organize my writing workflow, appointments and other things in one place. It works on any browser (as far as I know), app (iOS and Android) and pc program.

Obsidian is also a tool that many people use to create wikias/story bibles (knowledge base). Having the possibility of saving in a local folder (instead of needing the internet to make it work) is something to notice.

Forest is quite simple, following the Pomodoro Method, it makes you focus with a timer. The tree dies if you use your phone (a browser plugin, too!).

I will check my laptop/smartphone if there is anything else worth adding ;) If anyone needs to ask me something about Notion, I'm all ears (it's the one i use the most)

Re: Hopefully Helpful Heave of Haven

Eitan Estheim Wrote: Nice contribution! There are some cool things you post there, and I will share some of my own too!

Productivity / Organization

Notion is a fantastic tool for almost everything you want to do. It could be a schedule, a place to write, a digital bullet journal to track your progress and not rely on other app/programs. It has a free membership, which offers you a lot of things for personal use!

I use it mostly to organize my writing workflow, appointments and other things in one place. It works on any browser (as far as I know), app (iOS and Android) and pc program.

Notion is an amazing tool. I just started using it, and I am aware that it is getting wildly popular. Amazingly practical with how straightforward and intuitive the layout is.