Inquiry about Ginger -Grammar checking software

I really like the Ginger grammar software and was about to subscribe to the premium package. The problem is that i found out in order to cancel my subscription, the company requires me to send a email to their support with my account name and cancellation notice. This kind of method to unsubscribe just spells one to someone like me in Canada. "SCAM"

Does anyone know if this company is legitimate or just keep my on the hook and never let me go?

Preferably a answer from someone that have tried purchasing their product.

RE: Inquiry about Ginger -Grammar checking software

lol well it sure sounds like a huge scam, even without me checking that website or software they advertise. I wouldn´t send them shit, just send thm a text about that you won´t send them anything and pissed them off as much as you can, either way you can´t do anything to unsuscribe without sending your account or email information. well good luck
My Fiction: Grand Adventure
Everything we encounter leaves traces behind. Everything contributes imperceptibly to our education.
  J. W. von Goethe

RE: Inquiry about Ginger -Grammar checking software

I'm using ginger as well but not the premium one. I can tell you I like it so far and it is very useful, but even so I will not send them any info about me. When I'm done with it, I will simply uninstall the program and look for something else. The app is powerful, but I don't think it is important enough to risk your security for it. just my two cent.
Check my fictions
"Invincible"
"Gamer of the Dead"
And the newest  "Slam No Basuke"