RE: How's my drawing?

Hey, just a tip, but your images don't show. I copied the image address and pasted it into my browser but the page it leads to gives a 403 permissions error. Either you need to change your file permissions to be public or use a different file host.
RE:TTC | Support Your Authors | WriTE + Magazine | LitRPGS | INKED | RRL Music Playlist | Gashapon Art Machine | RRL Discord
Congrats, you've found the following item: <Potato.> Would you like to add it to your inventory?
<Yes>/<No>
P.s. Too lazy to finish cleaning up my forum sig right now. Ignore half the links please.

'j0nn0' pid='591268' dateline='1459402855' Wrote: Hey, just a tip, but your images don't show. I copied the image address and pasted it into my browser but the page it leads to gives a 403 permissions error. Either you need to change your file permissions to be public or use a different file host.

Ah, I see it on mine but ill change the hosting to deviant art. Thanks for the tip^_^ let me know if you still cant see it. Ill have to figure out a way to show it if it still doesn't show.

edit: nvm I just read it on the FAQ page how to upload using imgur. lol im so stupid hahaha. Ill have it fixed in a jiffy.

It shows up now. Not bad, though I suggest sketching out a few light lines as a sort of guide before committing to a hard line. Erasing then shading over usually reveals where you've erased before. That or they tend to not erase fully. Did you ink it to finish off?

The second one looks slightly lop-sided for the face and the neck seems a bit thin, but you'll get much better with practice.

Nice work on your drawings.
RE:TTC | Support Your Authors | WriTE + Magazine | LitRPGS | INKED | RRL Music Playlist | Gashapon Art Machine | RRL Discord
Congrats, you've found the following item: <Potato.> Would you like to add it to your inventory?
<Yes>/<No>
P.s. Too lazy to finish cleaning up my forum sig right now. Ignore half the links please.

Not a bad drawings. About first i suggest not to use such gorizontal walls, and don't be afraid of using dark tone in shadows, the more contrast has the image, the better it looks. About second, either eyes are too wide or space between them is to shallow.
There are small overs, if you don't mind.
https://i.imgur.com/CxwHBld.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/7eoJh6M.jpg

'j0nn0' pid='591403' dateline='1459413345' Wrote: It shows up now. Not bad, though I suggest sketching out a few light lines as a sort of guide before committing to a hard line. Erasing then shading over usually reveals where you've erased before. That or they tend to not erase fully. Did you ink it to finish off?

The second one looks slightly lop-sided for the face and the neck seems a bit thin, but you'll get much better with practice.

Nice work on your drawings.

Yea  I saw the lines after I started shading it :(. Thanks for the input! As for inking it? I had no idea what that means so I googled and now I know what you mean hahaha. I was going to ink it and color some shades with just a black pen but I'm still not confident on doing that. I might mess up the inking part and shade something I'm not suppose to. I'm still a bitty choppy with shadowing areas.

'winRoot' pid='591611' dateline='1459425990' Wrote: Not a bad drawings. About first i suggest not to use such gorizontal walls, and don't be afraid of using dark tone in shadows, the more contrast has the image, the better it looks. About second, either eyes  are too wide or space between them is to shallow.
There are small overs, if you don't mind.
https://i.imgur.com/CxwHBld.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/7eoJh6M.jpg

Thats amazing how you made it look much better! Thats cool! I never though about using angles when I draw that. I'll definitely use it a lot in the future. When it comes to shadowing I was a bit nervous because I don't really know fully yet on how to shadow some parts and I was scared not to make things too dark. But now that I see some parts need to have heavier shadow which makes the drawing look more alive. I think I'll work on shadowing properly on the next drawing so I can start inking it properly. As for the proportion of the face, I knew something was wrong but I couldn't figure it out lol Thanks for pointing it out! I'll go watch a couple more videos on how to properly alight eyes and stuff to the face. 

Thank you for such an honest feedback! Really appreciate it! ::)

A NEW Visual: Dungeon Hallway Scene!

Hey to any one who's reading this. It's me again! I have a new drawing for y'all to look at. It's not much. 

Its dungeon scene for the chapter 3 of my novel Blades and Bonds

It's basically a dungeon hallway that has torches illuminating the area and the end of the hallway is dark.

Here it is.
https://i.imgur.com/jO152dK.jpg

Let me know if there is any improvement I can make or any pointers and tips. Thank you!
Count to ten and let the magic begin.

Novel: Blades and Bonds

:-TsavKAnz-:

'theDeva' pid='596202' dateline='1459677569' Wrote: Like this. Maybe you could give a gentler slope to the arches and add a bit of thickness too. Another pair of torches at the beginning would also help. All in all, nicely done.

Yea I was thinking the arches was too high up. Making it thicker was also a good idea. This is my first time drawing something of this angle so i was looking at pictures online to get references and I didn't really focus much on proportion but much more the the effect of the hallway becoming small towards the end to give the effect of being far away. I was thinking of adding another torch but the novel I had describe it as 3 torches on each wall :( so I couldn't change it. One mistake I did was I didn't draw light on the torches so if I erased it to move it closer, I would have seen the outline.

Thank you for the feedback! Your awesome :)

Good Day Old Chap.

The drawings are well done however I suggest darker shades in the portrait picture, also go over the lines with a pen to make it stand out more. Framing the face with shadow will also help to make it look more real. However be careful it can easily make it feel weird. So decide where the light is coming from make a feint circle somewhere and imagine it as your light source, this will help in determining where to put shadows and where not.

(Is it just me or do you other guys also read "hows my driving" when skimming over the forum?)
Read my fic or..... (¬¦_¦)=/????/’?’? ? ??? ?? ??.

Sky Prince- Book 1 Battle for Atlantia

'Mr Sir' pid='598223' dateline='1459784689' Wrote: Good Day Old Chap.

The drawings are well done however I suggest darker shades in the portrait picture, also go over the lines with a pen to make it stand out more. Framing the face with shadow will also help to make it look more real. However be careful it can easily make it feel weird. So decide where the light is coming from make a feint circle somewhere and imagine it as your light source, this will help in determining where to put shadows and where not.

(Is it just me or do you other guys also read "hows my driving" when skimming over the forum?)

Yea I just bought a bunch of pens to start inking it afterwards. This is my first time drawing after a couple of years so i still get nervous a lot when using pen because I can't erase it(I used to do dragon ball z drawings when I was a kid LOL). Yea, the shadowing portion is what I have trouble with. Thats a good tip with a faint circle and use it as a light source. I ll try it on my next drawing. 

LOLOLOL "Hows my driving." Now  I can't unsee it.

Heya Peeps!

Soooo I just finished the chapter 4 of my light novel and I got a new visual scene for it!

Here it is! I like this one a lot. The hands took a lot of trial and errors to do but I got it done(somehow). As usual, if you guys have any pointers on how to improve, i'm all ears! Thanks!

https://i.imgur.com/MhjVT3s.jpg

Btw I kinda suck at drawing clothes lol

Novel Blades and Bonds

The only significant thing I see is the thumb(s). The one with most visibility doesn't look like it's in the right direction at all. Clasp your hands together and look from the side to see what I'm talking about... and maybe the top of the head. The bump seems too far up and forward.

As for those round bubble thingies, you're still using pencil and paper, right? I was wondering how you did those.
<Yes>/<No>

"Hows my driving" strikes again.

Pretty well done and no worries hands are rather troublesome things, which is why I use the stick man method. In order to draw anything there is a bit of science involve. The easiest, is the face. For instance you will find that the top of your ear aligns with your eye.  The bottom of the ear with your mouth. When drawing eyes the space between them is should be round about the size of your eye so imagine a third eye in between them. 

How does this apply to hands? Well the average size of a persons hand is the same size as their face, there are exceptions, but this is the norm. You can try it just put your hand over your face. (while no one is looking, so you don't look like an idiot. I have been there.)

So the stick man method is where you draw the hands like a stick man first then add little circles to represent the joints. It will give you an Idea of what size the hand is going to be. Now the hard part is where you flesh it out. But if you did the stick man thing right then it should work out.

AS for clothes two things are important to remember.

1. Is the material its made of may affect the textures you want to display. 

2. Is gravity. Gravity plays a big role since its everywhere. Like the light ball add a small circle or mark where you want everything on the thing you are drawing to lean towards. I say this because it could be windy or whatever you are drawing is falling. With clothes its important to remember what its made of before applying the changes hence point number one comes into play

Hope it helps old chap. Have a good one.

'j0nn0' pid='599101' dateline='1459829228' Wrote: The only significant thing I see is the thumb(s). The one with most visibility doesn't look like it's in the right direction at all. Clasp your hands together and look from the side to see what I'm talking about... and maybe the top of the head. The bump seems too far up and forward.

As for those round bubble thingies, you're still using pencil and paper, right? I was wondering how you did those.

Thank you! That's what I did actually and it got a lot more ugly trying to copy my own hand lol ahahaha. I guess it all comes down to practice. I like drawing everything else but the hands is what  i have trouble with any type of drawing. Also the nails, that was atrocious so I decided to not even include it lol 

As for the bubble things, I can't draw perfect circles like that  and I use Photoshop for that effect  lol I use a circle paint brush with white color and then decrease the opacity to 6% and start clicking away. I wish I can draw perfect circles. 

As usual, thank you for your input! I really appreciate it! ^__^

'Mr Sir' pid='599106' dateline='1459829558' Wrote: "Hows my driving" strikes again.

Pretty well done and no worries hands are rather troublesome things, which is why I use the stick man method. In order to draw anything there is a bit of science involve. The easiest, is the face. For instance you will find that the top of your ear aligns with your eye.  The bottom of the ear with your mouth. When drawing eyes the space between them is should be round about the size of your eye so imagine a third eye in between them. 

How does this apply to hands? Well the average size of a persons hand is the same size as their face, there are exceptions, but this is the norm. You can try it just put your hand over your face. (while no one is looking, so you don't look like an idiot. I have been there.)

So the stick man method is where you draw the hands like a stick man first then add little circles to represent the joints. It will give you an Idea of what size the hand is going to be. Now the hard part is where you flesh it out. But if you did the stick man thing right then it should work out.

AS for clothes two things are important to remember.

1. Is the material its made of may affect the textures you want to display. 

2. Is gravity. Gravity plays a big role since its everywhere. Like the light ball add a small circle or mark where you want everything on the thing you are drawing to lean towards. I say this because it could be windy or whatever you are drawing is falling. With clothes its important to remember what its made of before applying the changes hence point number one comes into play

Hope it helps old chap. Have a good one.

lol at "How's my driving stikes again" LOL

That's actually a cool trick and a nice idea! I never though of doing it. I went to watch videos off youtube and they all draw squares and then the fingers and connect it all together. Some don't even do an outline and just draw off the bat. The only difference between their drawn hands and my drawing is that theirs looks real while mine looks like it was made off hotdogs to be sold as a special feature on a hotdog stand. Ill definitely try out the stick figure trick!

As for the clothes, I wanted him to look cool as shit but he ended up looking lame lol The scene was inside a dungeon so air wasn't of an essence. I guess that something that comes with practice. I might just start drawing him without clothes on LOL 

As usual! Thank you Mr. Sir for your valuable information!

'Mr Sir' pid='599160' dateline='1459833112' Wrote: What type of feeling are you trying to give off maybe I can help a bit also explain the clothes you want him to have on.

Well, to summarize his background, here I go.

He is a student from a prestigious High school(Best in the country). He is the top student who currently holds the number 1 spot. He doesn't have any friend except for people in his piano club. He is a mama's boy LOL 

As for his looks, in my mind he dress cool and basically looks like one of the popular guys but no one talks to him because he is too quiet so they end up missing his existence. 

But for now in the early stages in the novel, I want him to wear high school uniform. Most likely something like this(The second one or the Third one):
https://i.imgur.com/jJVe81z.png

I just cant seem to pull it off more like a manga style drawing. 

P.S. I didn't create the picture above I just got it from deviant art as a reference. I wish I can draw it somehow like that but more cooler I guess.

'kount2ten' pid='599179' dateline='1459834668' Wrote:
'Mr Sir' pid='599160' dateline='1459833112' Wrote: What type of feeling are you trying to give off maybe I can help a bit also explain the clothes you want him to have on.

Well, to summarize his background, here I go.

He is a student from a prestigious High school(Best in the country). He is the top student who currently holds the number 1 spot. He doesn't have any friend except for people in his piano club. He is a mama's boy LOL 

As for his looks, in my mind he dress cool and basically looks like one of the popular guys but no one talks to him because he is too quiet so they end up missing his existence. 

But for now in the early stages in the novel, I want him to wear high school uniform. Most likely something like this(The second one or the Third one):
https://i.imgur.com/jJVe81z.png

I just cant seem to pull it off more like a manga style drawing. 

P.S. I didn't create the picture above I just got it from deviant art as a reference. I wish I can draw it somehow like that but more cooler I guess.

Alright what vibe were you going for with that picture, like a sad, depressed, lonely, my driving is bad?

Alright so I did not draw the sad moment thing however i did come up with this, if you want to use it go ahead. I left the back pretty much blank so you can add anything. i have no exp with photoshop and other programs so if you can ask someone to help you maybe it can look even better.

If you are going to use it please recommend me for that draw something award thingy.

https://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u49...xjslwo.jpg

Used a lot of shade in this but messed up a bit on the right shoulder. Its still pretty clear where the light source is coming from like I talked about also you will see there is more shading done on the dark side (right side) that's because on the light side dark and light is more prominent so you wont have as much variety between dark and light. (If that makes sense?)

BTW I used pen to and pencil to draw this so it looks kinda strange. Hope you like it.

PS don't judge me for that wall thingy he is sitting on.

'Mr Sir' pid='599563' dateline='1459863357' Wrote: Alright so I did not draw the sad moment thing however i did come up with this, if you want to use it go ahead. I left the back pretty much blank so you can add anything. i have no exp with photoshop and other programs so if you can ask someone to help you maybe it can look even better.

If you are going to use it please recommend me for that draw something award thingy.

https://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u49...xjslwo.jpg

Used a lot of shade in this but messed up a bit on the right shoulder. Its still pretty clear where the light source is coming from like I talked about also you will see there is more shading done on the dark side (right side) that's because on the light side dark and light is more prominent so you wont have as much variety between dark and light. (If that makes sense?)

BTW I used pen to and pencil to draw this so it looks kinda strange. Hope you like it.

PS don't judge me for that wall thingy he is sitting on.

O.O ::) :D ^_^

OMG that looks good. Sure I'll definitely use it! I like the clothes XD better than what I had in my mind! 

P.S. before I use it, how do I recommend you for that draw something award?