RE: Looking for stories with Gods, Deities Etc.

The Fallen Ascending has a specific set of gods in it, influencing the world all the way from the time of creation up.

The tale of Creation, as told in the story by Lady Crystal:
Quote:

“Then I’ll tell you the story of the Gods and the Making, as I heard it long ago,” Crystal offered, and nodded lightly in acceptance.

“Once, long ago, there was nothing.  Nothing, floating in nothingness, surrounded by nothing.  Not even darkness existed, because darkness is something, and there was only The Nothing.”

“Sounds empty,” I muttered, only to be thwaped gently on the head and told to, “Hush.”

“It was empty,” Crystal agreed.  “Empty nothingness.  Until one day it wasn’t.  From The Nothing came Earth.  The First of the Gods, he scattered his power throughout the nothing and large boulders floated and crashed about.  Sometimes the boulders powered themselves; sometimes they joined and grew larger.  Planets, moons, and stars were born.

“Soon after, the Second of the Gods rose from The Nothing.  Water spread His influence over the great emptiness.  Ice formed in the cold that was The Nothing, and acted much like the earth itself.  Frozen comets were formed.  Ice attached itself to large bodies of earth, increasing their mass and becoming frozen lakes, ponds, and oceans.  Even larger bodies of ice created plants of pure water floating and bouncing endlessly in The Nothing.

“Later, though none can say how much later since time itself didn’t exist then, like we know it now, The First Goddess was born.  Fire – third amongst the Gods, and first amongst female.  Burning wild and hot, she was the complete opposite to the icy coldness that was Water.  With her flames and her passions, she melted his heart, and much of the ice in The Nothing changed to become the water which we see it as even now.  As a promise that he would never be without her warm embrace, she created great wells of fire and placed them to where they could reach the depths of Water’s icy exterior.  Suns were born, comets were set on fire and trailed flames though the sky, and the center of many planets were heated until their very core melted and flowed with an inner flame that radiated eternally upwards.

“Water’s cold demeanor began to change, influenced by the presence of Fire, but Earth… Earth remained unchanging.  Older than all others, stubborn beyond compare, Earth simply was.  Unmoving.  Unemotional.  Find any stone, and you would’ve found the essence of Earth. 

“And then the Second of the Goddesses came into being.  Many scholars believe that Air was born out the necessity of balance, to help offset Earth as Fire thawed Water.  Unfortunately, Air was…”   She paused for a moment, seeking the proper word, and then laughed slightly.  “… Flighty.  Blowing across The Nothing, her energy was scattered and wasted; too ethereal to have the influence of the others.  Air may have wasted away and returned to The Nothing from which she was born, except for the fact that Earth enjoyed the sight of the sands and ground as she blew across them.  Instead of becoming his balance, he shackled her to him, and she became the First Slave.

“Earth remained stubborn.  Hard.  Unchanging.  But he now kept Air trapped with him and around him, never allowing her to escape back to The Nothing.”

“An interesting take on creation,” I laughed lightly.  “But, I don’t see what any of the elements has to do with Children of Chaos.”  Crystal slightly tapped me on the forehead again and told me, “Hush.  I’m getting there!”

“The Nothing was still a place of complete disarray, with the planets all zigging, zagging, and crashing without any sense of guidance or purpose.  Order, Fifth amongst the Gods, was the third male born.  With precision, time, and effort, He set the elements in their place inside The Nothing.  The great balls of fire were placed as a center; a sun from which the planets were placed and made to revolve around.  Comets were set long orbits to help mark the passage of time as they circled the edges of The Nothing.  Order was given to the universe, and the Fifth God forever became known as Order thereafter.

“With things set in balance, the third female was born; Life.  By her breath and essence, plants began to grow upon the land, fish inside the water, and birds roamed the sky.  Earth was – and still is – a stubbornly possessive God, and he claimed all that walked, crawled, or lived upon him to be HIS.  Not to be outdone by his older brother, Water claimed all that lived within the rivers, oceans, and water as his.  And the two, in their jealously never allowed what was theirs to stay and live upon what the other claimed.  The fishes died if they were brought to the land, and the creatures of the land drowned if trapped within the water too long. 

“Life, being the light-hearted, cheerful creature that she was, was simply overjoyed that her brothers loved her creations so much that they wanted them as their own.  With wild abandon, she continued to breath endless varieties of life throughout The Nothing.  Earth’s Children grew in numbers, as did Water’s, and soon the universe was a crowded, cluttered place.  With her endless love, and the male’s endless possessiveness, the universe would’ve became one huge ball of nothing with living essences packed endlessly tight inside the waters, or stacked mindlessly high upon the earth – but it was then that the Fourth Goddess, and Seventh amongst them all, was born.

“Cold and uncaring, Death saw that things were growing out of control, so she coldly sliced down huge swaths of living creatures, causing the First Great Fight amongst the Gods.  Earth and Water were possessive; they didn’t want anything of theirs to be touched by another.  Life was sad and cried endlessly, her creations being destroyed and lost to The Nothing.  Air supported Earth – when she remembered to, or when he forced her – and Fire supported Water.  Death simply didn’t care and continued to reap, which caused Life to cry out in anger and breath life even quicker and harder.

“And Order?  Poor Order was left to try and mediate the fight and find a solution.  Eventually it was decided that Death must do her work, or else Life would have to stop hers.  Endless birthing could not be permitted, for the good of all.  Still, Earth and Water didn’t want to allow what was theirs to escape their grasp, so a compromise was made.  Death would reap the flesh, but the essence of the existence would remain behind.  Souls, which each God would keep for their own.”

“And the universe settled.  Peace descended, and all the souls of all the creatures of Earth returned to him.  All the souls of the creatures of Water returned to him.  Harmony was achieved, and nothing changed.  Only the Gods can say how long The Balance was maintained, but after time had passed, a great a loud laughter rang out from within The Nothing.

“The Eighth, and Final God was born; Chaos.  Born of the pieces that weren’t, built of the nots, filled with the impossibles, Chaos danced across Creation, tossing perfection into perfect disarray.  Planets were bounced out of orbit.  Stars fell.  Souls were stolen from Earth and Water, and hidden in places where they could not be.  Creatures were altered.  Some were given free will, their spirits unshackled and set free to find their own path.  The Fairies were born – wild children of laughter and pure Chaos, breaker of all the rules.

“In anger and frustration, Death struck them down, only to growl in frustration as they were reborn in laughter.  Earth dropped mountains upon them, to trap them and make them his, as they took up residence in his trees; only to find that somehow they had simply disappeared and moved elsewhere to plant their home upon his soil.  Water drowned them.  Fed them to his fish.  Frozen them.  Fire burnt them.  Air ripped them to shreds and scattered their wings across the horizon.  And yet, they forever healed.  Forever returned.  Forever broke any rule that was set.  Fearless, wild, and untamable, the Fairies existed for only one thing – pure joy and laughter.  Green trees were dull and boring!  They needed colors!  Gray fish were yucky!  Why not make some like a rainbow?  Or even transparent?  Why not steal the bones from some and make them jelly?

“The Second Great Fight broke between the Gods, and it seemed as if nothing could stop the plague that was Chaos.  Every rule that was set and agreed to was broken.  Everything that was decreed to not be, came into being.  Stones talked.  Water gained life of its own.  Life was born directly from the flames, as creatures were altered or created such as The Phoenix and gifted away by Chaos.  Life, being the most light-hearted and easiest by nature found the whole process wonderful and was drawn into many of Chaos’s greatest works and pranks.  Air, being as flighty and forgetful as she was, would forget that she was supposed to stop Chaos, and after being distracted or tricked, would often be drawn into Chaos’s work as well.

“Death reaped.  Earth and Water moped.  Fire fumed and blew her top.  And Order was once again stuck to try and being Order to the Chaos, all to no avail, until one day he stumbled upon a secret.  In frustration, he exclaimed, ‘I bet you can’t stop, even if you wanted to!’  And, Chaos stopped.  All at once, utterly and completely.  Chaos simply stopped; frozen like a statue, doing nothing.”

“For a God that does what can’t be done, Chaos was drawn to do nothing, simply because it was believed that he couldn’t.  Even in the Heart of Chaos, order exists, and once Order discovered that, he brought peaceful accord back to creation.  New rules were agreed upon, with all the Gods and Goddesses were asked to abide by; with the exception of Chaos, who was forbidden to follow, listen, or agree to the rule – and thus was often the first to vow to be bound by the agreement. 

“Since creatures had been given free will, a new system was created for when Death reaped their flesh.  Those that chose a God could remain with that God for eternity.  Those that hadn’t would be separated to either Heaven, Hell, or Purgatory forever more.  To watch over the pure souls, Angels were born to manage and guide the heavens.  To punish the dark souls, Demons and Devils were created and placed within the hells.  A balance was stuck once more with Creation, and we are privileged to live within this time of calmness, My Lord.”

In the beginning, they have little influence/interaction on things, but as the main character grows and becomes more powerful,  they become more visible and more present in things.

Shameless advertising much? I kid of course. The fallen ascending even if it doesn't match your "divine" criterion for now it is still worth a read. Also I recently read novos hitchhiker. A god " self proclaimed" is inside of the half mc girl. The other half of the mc is the god itself.
You can also try " Those who aspire to be gods- A darker fairy tail" one of the most underrated masterpieces i have ever seen.
Abyss gazer is another suggestion.
Did i become something op ? Or something similar title. There are no gods but the mc certainly deserves to be called one.
Slavemancer. Mc has title future god of harem.
Until Death? Mc and his wife and everyone around him are banished gods.
Death god's heir. He becomes an heir to the death god. I think.
My fictions:
Project OMEGA
WriTE OneShot
Groups:
WriTE

Mythical Conquest

Because of certain events in his past, Logan Cross isolated himself and did everything possible not to stand out.

This is despite possessing a body and mind that far surpassed the normal human.

One day when taking his normal route home, through the back alleys, Logan was caught up in an incident that led to him killing a group of men before dying himself.

Now finding himself in complete darkness, Logan was offered a second chance at life by the dragon goddess Tiamat. To which he replied:

"No thanks. Just make me a panda or something. They have it easy."

Tiamat of course denied his wish, and plunged him in a world where every being of myth not only exists, but they even choose champions called Proxies to represent them in a war that decides who rules the world!

This is a story about a boy who made it his lifetime goal to eradicate the gods!

Watch as he slay gods, demons, heroes, and beasts; and become the Ultimate Evil!

https://royalroadl.com/fiction/9337