Advertisement

Choose Your Background

• Noah Bradley: A place to call Home

• Noah Bradley: Their Mournful Tones

V2.5 Development Blog Part 2 - Toplist

(09-07-16, 04:25 AM)BlaiseCorvin Wrote:
(09-07-16, 02:35 AM)ReaperZero Wrote: Maybe there should be some sort of reputation or new user restriction factors in place, kind of like what they do on stackoverflow. It could be something such as 'users aren't allowed give out 0.5 or 5 star ratings until they've reached a certain milestone.' The milestone could be a certain number of reviews given, the amount of times their reviews were marked as helpful, the length of time they've been a member, etc. Or it could be a combination of things. Just something to thing about.

This... isn't a bad idea.

It wouldn't make any difference in the big picture. We would simply get 1 star ratings instead.

(28-09-16, 12:45 PM)Inugami Wrote: Can we as authors just ' click a button ' and prevent all reviews, even if it excludes our story from any listings?

Just my 5 cents, but if you don't want any ratings and you want to turn invisible, there is hardly any point posting on RRL (on any other site, for that matter). Your own Word Press can fill that role wonderfully.

(28-09-16, 12:45 PM)Inugami Wrote: We can block comments in each chapter, and with most (Hell, almost all) readers giving 0.5 stars for stories they did not like for whatever reason... 5 stars for trash with so many grammar errors as to be unreadable because the author writes about sex... whats the point of ratings anyhow. Everyone here can almost say for certain any story with 1-10 chaps and a high or low rating is never accurate.

I personally don't find the rating system to be of any use.

No, ratings are not always accurate, but as a rule of thumb, their trends point in the right direction. As you go down the toplist, it gets harder to find good fictions. Yes you can find them there as well, but their frequency is less.

(28-09-16, 12:45 PM)Inugami Wrote: We can ' Follow / Favorite / Recommend / Read Later ' from a drop-down list on each fictions front page...

Can we get an ' Ignore Updates ' too?

This is a planned feature as we noticed some people tend to use .5 ratings to mark things they don't want to re-read.

(28-09-16, 12:45 PM)Inugami Wrote: it would be nice to be able to avoid stories we did not like showing on latest updates or the colored announcement bars at the top.

No offense BC, but i started reading Delvers, but did not get very far past chap 20ish.
BUT... last week everywhere i looked, your fiction was slapped in my face.
Nothing wrong with your fic. I personally did not enjoy it.
If using an ' Ignore Fiction ' function could have spared me, i wouldn't have had to go download AdBlock Plus + Element Manager to hide the colored bars.

Your remark has been noted.
(28-09-16, 12:45 PM)Inugami Wrote: Can we as authors just ' click a button ' and prevent all reviews, even if it excludes our story from any listings?

We can block comments in each chapter, and with most (Hell, almost all) readers giving 0.5 stars for stories they did not like for whatever reason... 5 stars for trash with so many grammar errors as to be unreadable because the author writes about sex... whats the point of ratings anyhow. Everyone here can almost say for certain any story with 1-10 chaps and a high or low rating is never accurate.

I personally don't find the rating system to be of any use.

I do believe it causes new readers to second guess even starting some fictions, due to all the lame / BS / inaccurate reviews.

Ahhh!  Glorious wonderful writer.

You give for many .5 and angry reviews and comments.  The anger is because much knowing for owing.  Inugami knows is owed for writings with no pay or even resepct.  Seem the will of the ancients that you get to experience much good review like you give, truth?

:)

Please bring back the for writing My Little Dungeon, Evolution is Magic!  That story was for too good.  I miss the wordings of such smart, wonderful puns of fairies and Asians bathrooms with feelings.

Inugami is best writers on all RRL.  For truly.

My Little Dungeon, Evolution is Magic! made Oppai Sensei write much so amazing good!
 RE: Revenge- The world's strongest is reincarnated into a dragon... that can cultivate?  What?
(28-09-16, 12:45 PM)Inugami Wrote: No offense BC, but i started reading Delvers, but did not get very far past chap 20ish.
If using an ' Ignore Fiction ' function could have spared me, i wouldn't have had to go download AdBlock Plus + Element Manager to hide the colored bars.

I'm really not sure why you're telling me this.

No offense Inugami, but if you are not a Delvers fan, or a published author with sales, or part of a group on RRL I respect, or a well-known reviewer, your opinion doesn't really mean much to me.
Delvers LLC on RRL - My story
Secret of the Old Ones - My other story (hard LitRPG)
My Website 
--->My book on Amazon<---
LitRPG Society Story List - List of great LitRPG fictions on RRL
LitRPG Society promotion forum!  <--- Promote your LitRPG story here
Published Kindle Stories - List of suggested published stories on my website
(28-09-16, 08:58 PM)Oppai Sensei Wrote: Ahhh!  Glorious wonderful writer.

You give for many .5 and angry reviews and comments.  The anger is because much knowing for owing.  Inugami knows is owed for writings with no pay or even resepct.  Seem the will of the ancients that you get to experience much good review like you give, truth?

:)

Please bring back the for writing My Little Dungeon, Evolution is Magic!  That story was for too good.  I miss the wordings of such smart, wonderful puns of fairies and Asians bathrooms with feelings.

Inugami is best writers on all RRL.  For truly.

My Little Dungeon, Evolution is Magic! made Oppai Sensei write much so amazing good!

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over your demands that ' Truthful / Filled with Value-Laden Advice / Yet deserving of. ' negative reviews of your fictions be removed, or you will hold your stories hostage...

...again.
(28-09-16, 09:45 PM)BlaiseCorvin Wrote:
(28-09-16, 12:45 PM)Inugami Wrote: No offense BC, but i started reading Delvers, but did not get very far past chap 20ish.

I'm really not sure why you're telling me this.

No offense Inugami, but if you are not a Delvers fan, or a published author with sales, or part of a group on RRL I respect, or a well-known reviewer, your opinion doesn't really mean much to me.

I think he was generally voicing how the banner could get overbearing at times. I think. It wasn't even aimed at you from how I read it.
My first fiction, a story about a Demon, a Princess, and how they tried to live happily ever after: The Demon and the Princess

Looking for stat screens and apocalypse? A new leaf explores the (mis)adventures of Treant as he fights tooth and bark for his life, with a bit of comedy in between.
(28-09-16, 11:32 PM)Necamijat Wrote: I think he was generally voicing how the banner could get overbearing at times. I think. It wasn't even aimed at you from how I read it.

exactly!

also, perhaps the banner should check the ' Follow ' and ' Ignore Fiction ' options to display targeted promotions... as in:

I follow Story X, but ignore Story Y.
The banner never displays information about story Y because i have already ignored it.
but the banner does show story X's new eBook and random ones that i have not ignored.

i edited the post you quoted BC, after rereading it again, i could see how it might seem offending when i was trying not to be, i'm sorry.
No worries.
Delvers LLC on RRL - My story
Secret of the Old Ones - My other story (hard LitRPG)
My Website 
--->My book on Amazon<---
LitRPG Society Story List - List of great LitRPG fictions on RRL
LitRPG Society promotion forum!  <--- Promote your LitRPG story here
Published Kindle Stories - List of suggested published stories on my website
Fancy stuffs