How to write an eye catching synopsis!

How to write an eye catching Synopsis! My three steps: Synopsis-Structure-Build!

How to write an eye catching Synopsis!
My three steps of the Synopsis-Structure-Build! The best one in my opinion!

Including with examples!

All rights reserved.

http://www.wattpad.com/story/30505088-how-to-write-a-catching-good-synopsis-my-three

Hidden meaning of the Synopsis-Structure-Build
Hidden meaning of the Synopsis-Structure-Build

Most authors/writers desire/wish to attract and get attention through their books/stories/novels. It's the most happiness of a true author&writer!

A reader, gets attracted from themselves to your books/stories/novels, looking forward to reading your story and not because you have advertised it like crazy, like for example, asking every people you come across to read it, or pming everyone in facebook, or twitter and other sites to read your story.

First it will make you tired, exhausted, and annoyed, advertising like that for a long time. And to most of the people, it would look like, that you are extremely desperate.

However, the most important part is that you will loose/forge the joy of writing.

Of course, I am not saying that advertising is a bad thing, however there are various good ways of advertising your own story. Without making yourself crazy. Various good ways are explained in the best wattpad guides.

Ah and don't forget, that a synopsis is for telling/explaining the story in the very first place and Second is the hidden meaning part.

Of course remember, a synopsis is not only a sort of means to advertise, but also a means of telling the story!

So... I think, I mentioned everything... let's start with the three steps: Synopsis-Structure-Build

Step One - Beginning/Introduction
Step One - Beginning/Introduction

A short introduction of your Maincharacter or history of the world. Details: Name, age, nationality, profession, job, personality, wishes and goal.

Example: Source of Argos Novel from Royal Road, NPC. (Permitted by the Author)

Ever thought about how an NPC would do things? Welcome to the advanced world of Gaia, where the implementation of the NPC system means that Players will not be the only ones that are able to rise to the top.

Next to Step Two - Main Part

Thanks for the vote & comment!

Step Two - Main Part
Step Two - Main Part

A detailed describtion of the important facts, that indicates the startline of your story. Remember, If it's too vague, it won't get any attention and neither will attract the readers, however take also care, that you don't spoil too much than needed.

Example: Continuation > Source of Argos Novel from Royal Road, NPC continuation. (Permitted by the Author)

Lets follow Michael as he lives his life and has his adventure; while he interacts with these intruding 'Otherworlders' and struggles to understand their oddities.

Next to Step Three - The End

Step Three - The End/Finishing Blow!
Step Three - The End/Finishing Blow!

The End part is the most difficult one in the whole Synopsis-Structure-Build, because it's the part, where it attracts the readers, so they look forward reading the story.

Details: The beginning of the journey/adventure/life and so on (can be started at the start of the end or at the end). Questions towards the future of the storyline, that will make the story exciting to the readers. Secrets, Mysterious things and etc...

Example: Continuation. Source of Argos Novel from Royal Road, NPC continuation. (Permitted by the Author)

Will Michael be able to go through with his built in task of becoming a Hero? Will the numerous players help him on his way? Or hinder him? And what about the mysterious Villain Programs that follow after...

I really hope that this Guide will help everyone!

This Synopsis-Structure-Build Guide can be useful to the whole story as well as well applied to every genre!

RE: How to write a very good catching Synopsis!

Interesting thread.
I realize this might come off a little ... you know, but here goes nothing:

I was wondering if you could read the synopsis of my story and tell me what you think, what to improve and such.
Should you find my inquire to offensive, just read this almost quote from Midsummer Night's Dream:

“If we shadows have offended,
Think but this, and all is mended,
That you have but slumbered here..."
And let my silly question, simply, disappear!

'GunSeraph' pid='74404' dateline='1421623277' Wrote: Interesting thread.
I realize this might come off a little ... you know, but here goes nothing:

I was wondering if you could read the synopsis of my story and tell me what you think, what to improve and such.
Should you find my inquire to offensive, just read this almost quote from Midsummer Night's Dream:

“If we shadows have offended,
Think but this, and all is mended,
That you have but slumbered here..."
And let my silly question, simply, disappear!

Well, it's okay. I already helped 2 Authors here in RR, Argos and Textwiller with their synopsis a bit and both of them satisfied. If it's possible could you please copy-paste the synopsis here? Would be easier to help like that.

I appreciate the assistance!

Lost and confused, a man awakens to a world that feels alien to him.
Adopting the name Siúlóir – Wanderer – he begins exploring the lands.

Glimpses of a different place, with no Magic but far more advanced technologies, surface at the edge between conscious and subconscious, informing him that he is not part of this world.
So he wanders, looking for answers to the questions floating in his head.
Meeting strange people and encountering many situations, not all of them pleasant, he is often
torn between what he feels is the right thing to do, and what this new world requires of him.

Still he continues.
Searching for clues to his identity.
Searching for the reasons he was sent there.
Searching for a way back to the world that haunts the corners of his mind.

'GunSeraph' pid='75812' dateline='1421775179' Wrote: I appreciate the assistance!

Lost and confused, a man awakens to a world that feels alien to him.
Adopting the name Siúlóir – Wanderer – he begins exploring the lands.

Glimpses of a different place, with no Magic but far more advanced technologies, surface at the edge between conscious and subconscious, informing him that he is not part of this world.
So he wanders, looking for answers to the questions floating in his head.
Meeting strange people and encountering many situations, not all of them pleasant, he is often
torn between what he feels is the right thing to do, and what this new world requires of him.

Still he continues.
Searching for a way back to the world that haunts the corners of his mind.

"Lost and confused, a man awakens to a world that feels alien to him."

Not sure what to think about the alien word....

The main part step two is sort of too vague...a little bit more to the plot, that indicates the beginning... or some sort.

And step three is missing. The questions and so on...

Ok, rewrote it.

Part two has been redone

Part three are the last four sentences, they are the missions he has set himself.

Awakening lost and confused a man finds himself in an unknown forest.
He moves towards the only clue that presents itself, a loud sound.
His first encounter with the residents of the world ends in violence. En route to the source of the sound, he encounters a humanoid fox gil and a large werewolf like creature attacking her.
Using skills ingrained in his body by unknown training, he saves the girl.
Her village had been attacked by these were-dogs and some of her people taken prisoner.

Promised a chance at answers, he agrees to help free the captives. Not knowing his own name, he is given a new one, Siúliór, the Wanderer.
Joined by the sister of the girl he saved and a humanoid spider, he tracks the were-dogs through these foreign lands, learning new skills, finding potent artifacts, meeting new allies and making powerful enemies.

During his journey he experiences strange flashes of a different world. A world without magic but with far more advanced technology. But that is not the only memory that haunts his dreams. Images of a giant being of light haunt the halls of his mind.

Unsure of the world in his memories as well as the identity of the light being, he continues his journey to find the missing captives. Left with only few clues, he wanders the world with the few comrades he managed to make, searching for answers.

Often torn between what he feels is the right thing to do, and what this new world requires of him, he continues to wander these foreign lands, searching for answers.
Searching for the people who had summoned him.
And searching for a way back to the world that haunts the corners of his mind.

'GunSeraph' pid='76038' dateline='1421797340' Wrote: Ok, rewrote it.

Part two has been redone

Part three are the last four sentences, they are the missions he has set himself.

Awakening lost and confused a man finds himself in an unknown forest.
He moves towards the only clue that presents itself, a loud sound.
His first encounter with the residents of the world ends in violence. En route to the source of the sound, he encounters a humanoid fox gil and a large werewolf like creature attacking her.
Using skills ingrained in his body by unknown training, he saves the girl.
Her village had been attacked by these were-dogs and some of her people taken prisoner.

Promised a chance at answers, he agrees to help free the captives. Not knowing his own name, he is given a new one, Siúliór, the Wanderer.
Joined by the sister of the girl he saved and a humanoid spider, he tracks the were-dogs through these foreign lands, learning new skills, finding potent artifacts, meeting new allies and making powerful enemies.

During his journey he experiences strange flashes of a different world. A world without magic but with far more advanced technology. But that is not the only memory that haunts his dreams. Images of a giant being of light haunt the halls of his mind.

Unsure of the world in his memories as well as the identity of the light being, he continues his journey to find the missing captives. Left with only few clues, he wanders the world with the few comrades he managed to make, searching for answers.

Often torn between what he feels is the right thing to do, and what this new world requires of him, he continues to wander these foreign lands, searching for answers.
Searching for the people who had summoned him.
And searching for a way back to the world that haunts the corners of his mind.

It's better now, however check through it again and think about, which parts u can remove, that are in your opinion not that too important. I am talking about Step-two, "so that you dont spoil too much." The reason is, if the synopsis is too long, there is a possibility that a reader would think like : omg so much to read....

is this okay?

Tired of reincarnation and virtual reality? Welcome to Armus, a world of its own. Three Continents, Three Kingdoms and one story.

Follow Chase, a generic old fashioned orphan protagonist as he ventures on a deceivingly straightforward quest. Armed with a rare gift that must be hidden, he steps forth into a breathtaking adventure…. is what I wanted to say but what sort of father would ever let a ten year old travel the world alone?

Is this truly a lame old story with a Hero and a Demon King? Perhaps it is, perhaps it isn’t.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

'Dagashi' pid='77160' dateline='1421931293' Wrote: is this okay?

Tired of reincarnation and virtual reality? Welcome to Armus, a world of its own. Three Continents, Three Kingdoms and one story.

Follow Chase, a generic old fashioned orphan protagonist as he ventures on a deceivingly straightforward quest. Armed with a rare gift that must be hidden, he steps forth into a breathtaking adventure…. is what I wanted to say but what sort of father would ever let a ten year old travel the world alone?

Is this truly a lame old story with a Hero and a Demon King? Perhaps it is, perhaps it isn’t.

Well... it's normal to say hi at first or not....
I nearly mistook u for "GunSeraph", who at least asked, if i could check out his synopsis. This thread was original only to introduce my guide.

So now about your synopsis, for starters/beginning it's okay, however in my opinion too vague. Maybe a little bit more about the Armus World. As for Step-two-main part, isn't there anything that indicates the beginning ? And step-three ending part, need more to it.

Hi again,

thanks for all the assist so far, haven't had the chance to edit my old 'new' synopsis.

@Dagashi:

I agree Shizunli, a little too vague: what kind of world is Armus? Also I'm not too certain you should use the term 'lame' in your synopsis, although the sentiment could be used along the lines of -depending on what you plan to do-

"While attempting to keep his special ability hidden, I -the father- will have to do my utmost to protect my 10yr old from Knolls/Orcs/Tentacle Monsters -ah sorry not a girl- as he attempts to fulfill the age.old tradition of the hero slaying the demon king. But will it really be so straightforward? What is this strange feeling haunting me? "

Topics you might want to address: Why is the 10yr old chosen for the quest? Who gave him the quest? Are there any other comrades that join them?
Could one of them be a female -femme fatale, which you don't need to allude-?

'GunSeraph' pid='77278' dateline='1421946253' Wrote: Hi again,

thanks for all the assist so far, haven't had the chance to edit my old 'new' synopsis.

@Dagashi:

I agree Shizunli, a little too vague: what kind of world is Armus? Also I'm not too certain you should use the term 'lame' in your synopsis, although the sentiment could be used along the lines of -depending on what you plan to do-

"While attempting to keep his special ability hidden, I -the father- will have to do my utmost to protect my 10yr old from Knolls/Orcs/Tentacle Monsters -ah sorry not a girl- as he attempts to fulfill the age.old tradition of the hero slaying the demon king. But will it really be so straightforward? What is this strange feeling haunting me? "

Topics you might want to address: Why is the 10yr old chosen for the quest? Who gave him the quest? Are there any other comrades that join them?
Could one of them be a female -femme fatale, which you don't need to allude-?

Np ^^. I just pointed some parts, so the most was your work and I must say u did a very good job. So far (previous authors), i had to help much more >.<. Ofc i didnt mind it, however lately busy with many things.... xd

About what are u talking about ? XD There was only this part:

Thank you to the both of you, GunSeraph and ShizunLi.

@GunSeraph:

I'd like to include all the answers to all the questions you pointed out, but some of it are not even revealed yet in the story. As the story is very, very long and there are many hidden plot twists ahead (which is how I intend to make the story different from a regular classic), I prefer to keep information to a minimum.

Nevertheless, thank you for the help to both of you! The advices were helpful. :bye:
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

'Dagashi' pid='77680' dateline='1421994497' Wrote: Thank you to the both of you, GunSeraph and ShizunLi.

@GunSeraph:

I'd like to include all the answers to all the questions you pointed out, but some of it are not even revealed yet in the story. As the story is very, very long and there are many hidden plot twists ahead (which is how I intend to make the story different from a regular classic), I prefer to keep information to a minimum.

Nevertheless, thank you for the help to both of you! The advices were helpful. :bye:

Np ^^. If you need further help, you know where u can find me xd

On a day he thought to be regular, Keisuke, a 19 year old boy somehow miraculously ended up in a fantasy world involving swords and magic after his death. There he met a girl who resembles his childhood friend and immediately, Keisuke regarded this person as her. Unknowingly, he got involve in a mess much bigger than he could actually swallow. His vision of a fantasy world was immediately shattered and their deaths came all too quick, without even being able to do anything. Just when he thought death had finally claimed him, he once again awoke to his starting point with no trace of wounds that killed him and perfectly fine health?

http://www.royalroadl.com/fiction/1214

:)
What lies on the other side of the misty haze?

Many thanks to my friend Kilroy for drawing a portrait of Eririn~ Cookies to him!

'kekewne' pid='91352' dateline='1423222596' Wrote: On a day he thought to be regular, Keisuke, a 19 year old boy somehow miraculously ended up in a fantasy world involving swords and magic after his death. There he met a girl who resembles his childhood friend and immediately, Keisuke regarded this person as her. Unknowingly, he got involve in a mess much bigger than he could actually swallow. His vision of a fantasy world was immediately shattered and their deaths came all too quick, without even being able to do anything. Just when he thought death had finally claimed him, he once again awoke to his starting point with no trace of wounds that killed him and perfectly fine health?

http://www.royalroadl.com/fiction/1214

:)

On an usual school life day, Keisuke, a nineteen year old male student somehow miraculously ended up in a fantasy world, where swords & magic were involved after his death.

There he met a girl, who resembled his childhood friend and he immediately regarded this person as her. Unknowingly, he got involved in a mess much bigger than he could actually swallow. His perfect dream of a fantasy world was immediately shattered and their deaths came all too quick without even being able to do anything. Just when he thought death had finally claimed him, he once again awoke to his starting point with no trace of wounds that killed him and perfectly fine health?

Part 3 End part is missing, i would advise to write some questions towards the future and so on, to make the reader looking forward to it ^^

Hi, I want your opinion about my synopsis.

After 10 years, Emperor Saga’s popularity is already at its peak as the leading vrmmorpg. Meet Daniel, the player who just decided to start playing Emperor Saga as a relief after a series of unfortunate events. His past ‘subordinates’ from other games have told him of the benefits of becoming a pro-gamer. Tempted and at rock bottom, he decided to take the challenge and rise.

Warning : Not the usual virtual reality stories, there are reincarnation, magic and wuxia mix in.

Is this good enough? I put the warning so I will not crush readers expectation, but I still don't whether to put it or not.

http://www.royalroadl.com/fiction/221

'riou666' pid='116481' dateline='1425396626' Wrote: Hi, I want your opinion about my synopsis.

After 10 years, Emperor Saga’s popularity is already at its peak as the leading vrmmorpg. Meet Daniel, the player who just decided to start playing Emperor Saga as a relief after a series of unfortunate events. His past ‘subordinates’ from other games have told him of the benefits of becoming a pro-gamer. Tempted and at rock bottom, he decided to take the challenge and rise.

Is this good enough?

http://www.royalroadl.com/fiction/221

So First step is in there, Second step too, but there need to be something specific or unique that stands out from the story, as for Step three; questions towards the future might be good, to make the readers look forward to it and so on.

[/quote]

Ok, I change it. Tell me your opinion.

After 10 years, Emperor Saga’s popularity is already at its peak as the leading vrmmorpg. Meet Daniel, the player who just decided to start playing Emperor Saga as a relief after a series of unfortunate events.

Emperor Saga, a vrmmorpg that combine the elements of fighting, strategy, skill, grinding, politics and money. Every player ultimate goal is to become an emperor. Four already succeed and gained fame, wealth and power in real life.

His past ‘subordinates’ from other games have told him of the benefits of becoming a pro-gamer. Tempted and at rock bottom, he decided to take the challenge and rise.

Will our protagonist succeed on becoming the Emperor?

Will his tale as the greatest challenger shaken the game history?

Or…will he take a different path?

Warning : Not the usual virtual reality stories, there are reincarnation, magic and wuxia mix in.

What did you think?