Epic Fantasy

Series I loved on this site:

1. Re: Hamster

2. The Beginning After The End

3. No Longer a Game

4. A Dragon Gnawing its tail

5. Forgotten Conqueror

I want an epic fantasy to read. The MC should be preferably male(This is important I've actually suspended "A Dragon's Curiosity", because of the lack of a strong male presence despite loving it and my Dragon fetish). I like OP MCs, but that is NOT necessary.
The MC being a "Genius"/"Gifted"/"prodigy" is enough.
I'm not really a fan on weak to strong, though I'm managing Arifureta.(In my defense, the MC became OP very very quickly)

The World Building must be very decent. I want a story, with a well developed world. Consistent in-universe logic. Well developed characters, well explained and developed magic system.

I'll appreciate a romantic sub-plot.

I'd like it if there happened to be other races like elves, dwarves, etc inside. Also please don't rewrite those races(e.g Elves have same lifespan ads humans Avg < 100 years) Little things like this bother me.

Last but not least, I have a Dragon fetish. I'd love stories in which Dragons are introduced as a powerful sentient alpha existence. And there is interacction between the MC and Dragons. There is a Draconian race in the story, and they are also the top of the food chain. The MC is a draconian.
My fetish is limited to the European Dragons.

If Dragons are going to be introduced in any shape and form, then let it be as an alpha existence. An absolute power. I can stomach a story without Dragons if it's good(though all epic fantasies have dragons), but if Dragons are introduced but aren't treated with the respet they deserve I won't like it.

BTW. I think the following stories classify as Epic fantasies:

1. A song of Ice and Fire

2. Eragon Quadrilogy

3. The Mortal Instruments

MALEFICENCE

If you're going to do it, then you might as well be the best at it.

That's why, everything else is cold comfort. I'll claim this unforgiving world. 

RE: Epic Fantasy

Umm, I can't point to anything specifically off the top of my head, but there's a few of those in my 70+ list of things to read. The link is in my signature.

Oh, and check out The Demon Lord is Bored.
RE:TTC | Support Your Authors | WriTE + Magazine | LitRPGS | INKED | RRL Music Playlist | Gashapon Art Machine | RRL Discord
Congrats, you've found the following item: <Potato.> Would you like to add it to your inventory?
<Yes>/<No>
P.s. Too lazy to finish cleaning up my forum sig right now. Ignore half the links please.

Well since you asked so specifically for me...Friendly Neighborhood Necromancer
He is somewhat 'low powered', but so far he's pretty much smashed his opponents in every fight. It's why I've been reluctant to give him any actual power, but unfortunately it's happened.
It will definitely be an 'epic' fantasy in terms of length and themes. We haven't even gotten the second protagonists name yet, and it's over 160k words in. So expect a bit of a slow start.
Enjoy the comedy while it builds up! Everybody loves Ruffles <3
Edit: Second protagonist is a Dragon, kind of. Dragons aren't the tippy top, but they do usually end up on par with literal gods, so there's that.
I put words on the Internet for you to read.
Friendly Neighborhood Necromancer: http://royalroadl.com/fiction/6523
FNN The Thread! Contains some helpful notes! Does not contain any discussions as of yet.
Ooh! Ooh! There's a TV Tropes page! Go help it out!
Member of the Singular Genius group

'AdvonKoulthar' pid='807365' dateline='1474900290' Wrote: Well since you asked so specifically for me...Friendly Neighborhood Necromancer
He is somewhat 'low powered', but so far he's pretty much smashed his opponents in every fight. It's why I've been reluctant to give him any actual power, but unfortunately it's happened.
It will definitely be an 'epic' fantasy in terms of length and themes. We haven't even gotten the second protagonists name yet, and it's over 160k words in. So expect a bit of a slow start.
Enjoy the comedy while it builds up! Everybody loves Ruffles <3
Edit: Second protagonist is a Dragon, kind of. Dragons aren't the tippy top, but they do usually end up on par with literal gods, so there's that.

I won't say Dragons have to be the strongest but they should be top tier.

If you had a ranking system(F/G - SS/SSS) Dragons should be on average SS/S with the "Elder"(Kings/Emperors/Gods/Rulers/Ancient) Dragons being SSS/SS. 

I just want Dragons to be treated with the respect they deserve, and should rightfully command.
MALEFICENCE

'j0nn0' pid='807340' dateline='1474897917' Wrote: Umm, I can't point to anything specifically off the top of my head, but there's a few of those in my 70+ list of things to read. The link is in my signature.

Oh, and check out The Demon Lord is Bored.

Any favourites that you have?
MALEFICENCE

Not in particular... I think. Those are the stories which I've read and left an impression on me. Keep in mind that I read a lot so that list is less than 1/4 of what I've read on RRL.
RE:TTC | Support Your Authors | WriTE + Magazine | LitRPGS | INKED | RRL Music Playlist | Gashapon Art Machine | RRL Discord
Congrats, you've found the following item: <Potato.> Would you like to add it to your inventory?
<Yes>/<No>
P.s. Too lazy to finish cleaning up my forum sig right now. Ignore half the links please.

You might be interested in Sole Survivor.

http://royalroadl.com/fiction/4697

It is a harem fantasy novel and the first girl is a dragon-girl.

There's also elves, demons, orcs, dwarves and beastkin.

I do add more lore as time goes on to the point where I updated my style recently to have encyclopedia excerpts in front of each chapter.
My Fiction:

Sole Survivor
https://royalroadl.com/fiction/4697/
Harem, Fantasy, Horror, Sci-fi, Status Screens, Modern World setting

Lunar
https://royalroadl.com/fiction/16811/
Slice-of-Life, Modern food in a fantasy world, LitRPG elements

I am writing two novels with both an OP MC and dragons, for Reasons to Stay the MC will literally be raising dragon and will always be more powerful than them but when the world gets humans dragons will still be the strongest

For my second novel The Beginning, the End, and Everything In Between, the MC is a female but there will be strong male presences. She is also really OP and I am planning for there to be dragons very soon.
Why'd we all stop putting our dragon eggs in our signatures so we could hatch them, that shit was the best

'j0nn0' pid='807483' dateline='1474910226' Wrote: Not in particular... I think. Those are the stories which I've read and left an impression on me. Keep in mind that I read a lot so that list is less than 1/4 of what I've read on RRL.

Any of those had dragons in them{or Draconians(humanoids who can turn into dragons)}?

Your list is large, so I'd like some help weeding it out.

'IHW' pid='807800' dateline='1474935669' Wrote: You might be interested in Sole Survivor.

http://royalroadl.com/fiction/4697

It is a harem fantasy novel and the first girl is a dragon-girl.

There's also elves, demons, orcs, dwarves and beastkin.

I do add more lore as time goes on to the point where I updated my style recently to have encyclopedia excerpts in front of each chapter.

Hoo.
I always love me my Harem.
*cough* *cough* mature content.

I've added it to my "read later", i'm liking it. The reviews also seem nice.

'Good Witch' pid='808733' dateline='1475025398' Wrote: I am writing two novels with both an OP MC and dragons, for Reasons to Stay the MC will literally be raising dragon and will always be more powerful than them but when the world gets humans dragons will still be the strongest

For my second novel The Beginning, the End, and Everything In Between, the MC is a female but there will be strong male presences. She is also really OP and I am planning for there to be dragons very soon.

Seems nice.
How many chapters though?

I dont like to wait for updates, so I may add it to "read later".

For the second novel, is there a male deuteragonist?
I ususally insert myself as the male lead of some novels I read. If there's a male "main" character, I have no problem.

The male characters should be strong(presence wise), and be recurring. Not a character present for an arc or two.

I loved the "Mortal Instruments"
MC was female.
Favourite character was Sam, second favourite was Isabelle.

'Feuer der Veraenderung' pid='808015' dateline='1474959632' Wrote: Journey of an old soul (MC is female, but everything else should be to your liking)

Are ther strong Male presences?
MALEFICENCE

Mine doesn't have dragons, and there is no specific protagonist (because I prefer to treat each major character as the protagonist of their own story - and they all have their own agenda, scheming against each other, so with no clear protagonist, it's also not clear who will win). Some of the reviews commended the world building though, so that should be to your liking. Link in the signature.

You might like my series then. The dragons have not yet been introduced, but they are at the highest grade of power. The mythology of the world that I have not yet had a chance to write had it that the first humans created by the goddess were weak, and therefore needed guardians. Thus, Dragons, and those dragons are at the top of the food chain, as you put it, TC. Eventually, after humans had proliferated enough, the Goddess gave Dragons their freedom from their guardianship, ability to breed, shape shift into human form (without losing any power), all with the stipulation that they do not become enemies of Mankind. By that, I mean try to perform genocide on humans. Normal violence is fine.

Dragons are entities that humans fear without question and every individual dragon is militarily and politically on the same level as an independent city state. Dragons are also long lived, so they find themselves bored a lot. So they can be seen to act eccentrically from time to time giving rise to the term "A Dragon's Prank," which means the dragon is being playful, while everyone around them are afraid for their lives. Draconic presences in the story will not really be felt until Book 1, and I have not completed book 1 yet. It'll be a while, but you may want to book mark my series anyway for fighting against future boredom.

http://royalroadl.com/fiction/9698
Stop Calling Me A Demon King
I am constantly wrestling with stupidity.