Need help with ideas

So the story is about a idiot that gets reborn as a monkey in a fantasy world, i need main character ideas for example "a best friend thats fat and funny" or "tsundere heroine" and also how the world might be, idk if i should do a cultivating thing or a mmo exp sorta thing, also how long does it take for the novel to be accepted ?
2 heads better one ;3

RE: Need help with ideas

'MetricMancer (Senpai)' pid='812899' dateline='1475425536' Wrote: So the story is about a idiot that gets reborn as a monkey in a fantasy world, i need main character ideas for example "a best friend thats fat and funny" or "tsundere heroine" and also how the world might be, idk if i should do a cultivating thing or a mmo exp sorta thing, also how long does it take for the novel to be accepted ?

Okay.... you want us to write it for you? LOL Just kidding.

Fat friend - a long haired orangutan.
Tsundere female heroine - a marmoset. - that would be funny... a tiny monkey trying to intimidate everyone around her... and sometimes succeeding because she's so tsundere. No one wants to mess with her.

World setting? How about a jungle forest that's been settled by adventurers and the MC is reborn as a monkey (by mistake) right beside the new village, instead of as a character in that village.

You can have him try to live the adventurer's life (like he was supposed to) and gain experience, but be saddled with monkey problems. (crazy love of bananas and will do anything to get them, for example).

This stuff just writes itself! LOL

I continued Master of All, Jack of None (16 chapters) as a fan-fiction. Chapter 17 to 790 (completed) are here: Mythran's Master of All - Continued.
I have a new original fiction (scifi with VR) on the go here: L.I.F.E. Begins.
Check out some of my other stuff as well by going to my profile and clicking 'fictions'.

Soliciting ideas for your story is fine, obviously, but I don't think it's a good idea to have random people come up with your main characters or world rules. Some parts of a story simply need to come from you own head, otherwise you'll have trouble expanding on them later. Of course, I could be totally wrong and maybe you're just looking for ideas to jump-start your own brainstorming. So, I'll try to answer your question as well.

The way I see it, there's two ways this could go. Either he's a monkey in a monkey village or a monkey adventuring with humans. You could try to write a normal xp gathering, skill gaining, party questing fantasy world that just happens to have a monkey MC. That would immediately make his interactions with the other main characters interesting. For example, the best friend might have a lot in common with the MC despite him being human. Or, the the tsundere heroine might initially see him as a pet but then realize that he's got the mentality of a human.

That's just a random idea that I had, but I hope it helps.
We Don't Want to be Main Characters!
A comedy featuring every trope I could find and some that I make up. - Hiatus.

After I Lost to the Demon King
A short story about a washed-up adventurer.

https://www.nodiatis.com/pub/21.jpg

Or, a silverback gorilla (instead of a monkey) reincarnating as a cultivator with the sole purpose of training every other monkey race in the world to fight back against the oppression of the human race in a anticlimactic and massive scale war for the ages. 

I dunno where this idea came from, but I saw it in a dream I think.

Setting? A ruined fantasy world called the Cincinnati zoo? 

The monkeys become an even more civilized race than the humans, developing an ingenious way of leveling up by creating dungeons to rack up xp with.

The death of their predecessor, even praised by humans Long ago, moved them to act against the oppression of being behind steel cages, and pits filled with water, being stared at from the top, mocked and shamed...
Better yourself through the constant pursuit of improvement, and leave behind those who wallow in content with the present as you strive for more than what you have, but not less than what you deserve.

Are you still writing this? I wanna read it!

Some random questions: Are there humans? Will he (I'll just assume it's a he for now) eventually turn into a human? (too many of those, it'd be interesting if he never did) Will he care about family or will he just think they're dumb animals? Are monkeys intelligent right off the bat or will they grow to be intelligent? Will the MC start having weird monkey characteristics?

Would be interesting to see if his village gets raided or something. Then he has to go and find his friends. And that makes him hate humans a bit. He might be captured and kept as a pet for a while. Don't make him overpowered. Make him work for things. Make him think. He's a monkey, and they're known to be clever. Be interesting to have him on the side of monkeys and do kind of a planet of the Apes rise. Well, maybe not quite to that extent. Equal rights for Apes! or Country just for Apes. Only it'd be interesting if Humans and apes couldn't understand each other ever, and they had to work around that. Something more difficult than just a language barrier.

Anyway, just a bunch of random thoughts. I really like Bokuboy's suggestions. They'd make for interesting characters and stuff.

I'd love to read what you have. It's an interesting idea that you could play with in ways that people haven't tried before. Be creative and come up with refreshing stuff. Not you usual reincarnation novel. Make it Unique!!!!

I wanna read it now!!!!
Come Sevenfall  
Seren Ynys Online
Haven in a Dangerous World

Please, enjoy and visit me at my wordpress, https://comesevenfall.wordpress.com/

PM me if you see any grammar mistakes :D

Cakemen will eat cake!!!! For New Poland!