A Wattpadd remake.

BRING IT BACK YA [censored]! My site my beautiful site replaced by a Wattpad wanabee. I was gonna come on here and rant. But no i wont waste the energy. Instead I'm gonna watch some anime, eat some ice cream and cry and hope this was all a dream. In the meantime my fellow comrades I wanna hear your opinions on this grotesque clone of my baby.

RE: A Wattpadd remake.

It's nothing like Wattpad, and the entire site design is still a polar opposite. Wattpad is basically a social media disguised as a writers site. Royal Roadl is about reader-to-author interaction. The site gives authors plenty of opportunities for readers to see their work, and encourages an audience buildup over time.

All the update has done for readers is allow them more options. You can still choose the dark theme if you prefer the old design, and you can now customise your text to your liking. I don't really get the comparison.

This site is infinitely more usable than Wattpad. lol

'Psychedelic-1000' pid='815333' dateline='1475715088' Wrote: and the trending. whatta ya say about that shiftycake. if that aint social media i dont know what is.

That's basically the same as top weekly/monthy/whatever fictions on the old website; just with different lingo.

'Eyez11' pid='815332' dateline='1475715011' Wrote: I prefer the update. Looks hawt.

Agreed. And sexier site = more capabilities to compete with Wattpad (and handle the load of doing so(hopefully.))
Looking for stuff to read? Click below to navigate to my stories.

https://i.imgur.com/r6iTizF.jpg

Please refrain from swearing in the forums. Thank you.

*original post has been edited*
RE:TTC | Support Your Authors | WriTE + Magazine | LitRPGS | INKED | RRL Music Playlist | Gashapon Art Machine | RRL Discord
Congrats, you've found the following item: <Potato.> Would you like to add it to your inventory?
<Yes>/<No>
P.s. Too lazy to finish cleaning up my forum sig right now. Ignore half the links please.

Ah it was the simpleness of the site that attracted i. I remember years ago when i was just a wee lad in high school surfing the web on my first functional laptop when i stumbled across a dingy little site. That site was Royalroadl. Back when it had little over 1,000 stories and Necromancer by Halastoy was the story of the day. Ah i lost myself in nostalgia, where was I? Oh yea I liked the old system better. I can understand liking the new sleek design better, if your into that kind of thing. But this trending thing dont sit right in my tummy. Niether does the whole you need a picture to qualify stuff. It just seem likes too much like a ripoff from Wattpadd to me. I know Wattpadd's system is slightly different the one recently employed here but the resemblance is uncanny. That's what i mean when i call it a remake.

'Psychedelic-1000' pid='815365' dateline='1475724330' Wrote: I know Wattpadd's system is slightly different the one recently employed here but the resemblance is uncanny. That's what i mean when i call it a remake.

It's nothing like Wattpad, and I should know. I've posted my story on Wattpad and studied how it works. RRL still works almost exactly the same as it used to. Things have only been shifted around or tweaked. 

As others have said, Wattpad is basically a social media site pretending to be about reading. You have to get followers and interact with other authors there to get any readers at all. You can post there and not get a single reader for months. How is RRL now more like that?
https://tinyurl.com/gqf9b88
The Order of Phantasmal Architects -  Group of high quality original authors.

RRL was a simplistic site that worked when it had less than a hundred fictions. When it got into the hundreds, it still worked but was getting unwieldy. Now that it's in the thousands, having separate subforums for each fiction simply doesn't work anymore.

The main goal of this update was to get the fictions out of the forums and into their own dedicated section. Everything else is aesthetics, functionality improvements, and new features. Changes always come with kinks that have to be worked out, but we'll get there.

I really don't understand what you mean by "uncanny" resemblance to Wattpad. We are now strongly encouraging people to get covers for their fictions because books generally have covers and pictures attract readers' attention. The way our fictions are ranked and the exposure they get is still the same, or maybe slightly higher than before.

I admit defeat. The trending and cover page art simply made me think my site was changing for the worst. In other news a wonderful game called avatar the legends of the arena. Great game but banned for some reason. Click this shameless advertisement for the petition to get it back. https://www.change.org/p/nickelodeon-activate-avatar-legends-of-the-arena-servers?recruiter=false&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

I'm coming over from wattpad, and I can tell you that this is nothing like it for several reasons:

1. The rating system acts as an awesome filter here. On wattpad, there's no telling what you're going to get.

2. Wattpad is super glitchy and painful to use in my opinion.

3. RRL fans are ar more loyal than their wattpad counterparts. The devotion you all give to your authors is amazing.

To give an example, my fantasy Life Magic floated in the top five of wattpad fantasies for a month or two. I have about 2k followers on there, give or take. But if I needed anything, even something as simple as a review, I might get 5 people who would be willing to do it. Heck, even getting them to download FREE PROMOTION books that I had written was like pulling out teeth. Compare that to reddit, where people are chomping at the bit to help. And here, where some of the support you all give is incredible.

Some of the readers and authors on wattpad are great... But the vast majority is fluff, and there is absolutely no traction. Looking back, I wish I put more time into developing Royal Road, but the interface scared me away. The changes now are highly attractive and much more weildy- from a UI perspective, it's a game changer.

The biggest difference I see between here and wattpad is that ya'll have substance, or the right stuff.

Happy to be part of the community,

Leo

'Psychedelic-1000' pid='815365' dateline='1475724330' Wrote: Ah it was the simpleness of the site that attracted i. I remember years ago when i was just a wee lad in high school surfing the web on my first functional laptop when i stumbled across a dingy little site. That site was Royalroadl. Back when it had little over 1,000 stories and Necromancer by Halastoy was the story of the day. Ah i lost myself in nostalgia, where was I? Oh yea I liked the old system better. I can understand liking the new sleek design better, if your into that kind of thing. But this trending thing dont sit right in my tummy. Niether does the whole you need a picture to qualify stuff. It just seem likes too much like a ripoff from Wattpadd to me. I know Wattpadd's system is slightly different the one recently employed here but the resemblance is uncanny. That's what i mean when i call it a remake.

I remember the days of  Gnomebob. Them were the days. I would pop in look through a clunky system for a new chapter and get a nice chunky piece of writing based on RR. Then 1 year later I made a profile to keep track of all the new chapters of all the new novels of all the new writers.

I miss your writing Gnomebob.
https://www.nodiatis.com/pub/23.jpg