A useless skill?

Can anyone help me with this one question I have: What is a useless skill?

No, more like can you tell me any useless skills for a fantasy world? I wanted to make a story, but I don't want my character to be so powerful, so I thought giving him a useless or not so powerful skill would be better. I do like reading stories with OP characters, but I wanted to try this kind of character. 

My character already has some skills that he can use for fighting like the magic stuffs, so I need something that could become his weakness or something that could make him look weird for using that type of skill. So, either an active or passive skill is fine. Even if you make him have a weakness of attracting monsters easily, its okay for me. (plus he's an assassin)

Thanks  [th_059_.gif]

RE: A useless skill?

'forgiuse' pid='816866' dateline='1477052539' Wrote: The ability to use chopsticks.
Chopstick mastery Lv.10
You can now learn how to use a chopstick very well. You can also use it in a fight but it doesn't affect! 
Oh no! The enemy is coming for you! You intercept with chopsticks. It's not working!
- 90% Strength
Lolz this is so useless
'Chiisutofupuru' pid='816868' dateline='1477053750' Wrote: Do the disco.
Disco magic Lv. 10
You have the ability to dance and sing in the middle of a fight! Your dance and singing can boost people! But you are a distraction in a fight!
Extra chance of making people laugh at you or think that you are crazy but useful.

This is interesting... It might actually work... Nice job!
'_GD_' pid='816870' dateline='1477054337' Wrote: Ability to dual wield, but he can only use one hand.
One-handed dual wield Lv.10
You have the ability to wield two swords or dagger in one hand! You can attack with it fast enough like a ninja using a two-bladed shuriken!
+ 20 Dexterity & 15 Agility

Eh? Is this supposed to be useless? Or did I make it into useful? Yea...I think its the second one....But nice idea!
'Out Of This' pid='816873' dateline='1477055861' Wrote: Victory dances, or in-battle dances.

Or a general RGN type of skill.
Dancing Lv.10
You have the ability to dance in fights! You have the dance for healing and boosting other people and yourself! But You Will Be A Distraction. 

Hahaha... another interesting one... it may be bad in fights but very strong before or after battles. 

Anyways, thanks for the ideas guys.

If it's magic you could go with the old classic of Light Magic (only effective against Undead/Demons or giving a nightlight in spooky places for most but if cranked up to a high enough power it could tun into a frikkin' "laser" (sharks not included)).

Alternatively you could go with something simpler such as using flowers to fight, the ability to levitate any object that weighs less than an apple, or the ability to summon butterflies.

What makes the "useful-useless skill" trope interesting is less what the ability is but how they use it to shock and awe their opponents and overturn the odds. You don't need to make the skill overly interesting on it's own, just mundane in the setting and then figure out how to use it in interesting ways. Intelligent use of boring skills is more interesting than boring uses of interesting skills.
Sealed by Heaven: (ongoing) the story of an alcoholic goddess trapped in the body of a mortal girl.

'yuki2801' pid='816881' dateline='1477060717' Wrote:

'forgiuse' pid='816866' dateline='1477052539' Wrote: The ability to use chopsticks.
Chopstick mastery Lv.10
You can now learn how to use a chopstick very well. You can also use it in a fight but it doesn't affect! 
Oh no! The enemy is coming for you! You intercept with chopsticks. It's not working!
- 90% Strength
Lolz this is so useless
'Chiisutofupuru' pid='816868' dateline='1477053750' Wrote: Do the disco.
Disco magic Lv. 10
You have the ability to dance and sing in the middle of a fight! Your dance and singing can boost people! But you are a distraction in a fight!
Extra chance of making people laugh at you or think that you are crazy but useful.

This is interesting... It might actually work... Nice job!
'_GD_' pid='816870' dateline='1477054337' Wrote: Ability to dual wield, but he can only use one hand.
One-handed dual wield Lv.10
You have the ability to wield two swords or dagger in one hand! You can attack with it fast enough like a ninja using a two-bladed shuriken!
+ 20 Dexterity & 15 Agility

Eh? Is this supposed to be useless? Or did I make it into useful? Yea...I think its the second one....But nice idea!
'Out Of This' pid='816873' dateline='1477055861' Wrote: Victory dances, or in-battle dances.

Or a general RGN type of skill.
Dancing Lv.10
You have the ability to dance in fights! You have the dance for healing and boosting other people and yourself! But You Will Be A Distraction.

No no no, I think you don't have to do this. A useless ability can only be described as useless when it's absolutely useless! The moment you tied it to some game mechanics it became useful, no matter how undetectable the effect was. Did you notice you created less of a laugh if you give the skill numbers? That's how it is.

The goal is to grow the love to your mc by making him cool or funny, or simply to set up a running gag. Just look at games with the characters you love, in this case, the characters I love. The battle pose of Yousuke in Persona4 is him dancing to music of his headphone, Rachel in Blazblue sleeps when she crouches for too long or actually reads in her spare time in midair, etc. Any endearing trait like this can be reworked into a lovable useless skill that make people laugh every time.
For reference of the chopstick skill, watch How to be a Ninja 2.0 of Nigahiga on youtube. The way he execute it is hilarious.

Character backstory:

As a child, character found a one time, one use book of ultimate power which was created by the First Gods to serve their children should they ever need it. Being an idiot, not knowing what they had, the character performed the ritual...

...which is supposed to use the mana of all the gods to perform...

...which is about 999,999,999,999,999,999 times more than the power all the mortal wizards in creation can produce!!

So now the characters magic is forever drained as fast as they recover it, as it's being siphoned to try and complete the ritual...

Skill: Summon Elder Gods
Level: 999,999 Divine Magic
Mana Cost: 9E+99999
Mana Currently Invested: 123,114

OMG. This thread is amazing!
Sorry for being late, here's my contribution:

Nose picking -Advanced lvl 7
Your fingertip mastery defies the nature of reality, and can now warp deeper and faster into suitable cavities
+45% Picking depth
+50% Picking speed
+30% Yield per pick
+ People around you will get disgusted and impressed at the same time.

Edit:

Summon Fly - Intermediate lvl 2
Bigger, more annoying flies are passively attracted to you.
+3 Flies
+150% Noise
+55% Fly evasion

Consume Sand - Intermediate lvl 6
You would dominate any kindergarten with your sand eating prowess.
+0.3% of the sand converted into mana
-20% sand crunchiness. Yum, Yum!
+30% digestion speed