Demon King 101 - Your ordinary transported fantasy with a twist

Demon King 101 - Your ordinary transported fantasy with a twist

Do you remember that old story? The one where there was an evil Demon King leading hordes of demon to conquer the world? Ah yes, if you remember, then probably you know all about the rest. About the brave heroes who rose up to fight the demon horde, saving humanity in the process. A story about their tears and laughter, about their pain and love, as they adventure to defeat the dreaded Demon King, who reside in his demonic castle on a mountain that certainly didn’t conveniently named Doom. A story of victory of the rightous heroes, and the defeat of the evil Demon King. Yes, that kind of story.

The world of Airumel revolves around one such story. A place shaped by tales of heroes and demon kings. A world where wars between demons and  humans are like daily meals. Generations of heroes were born, and so were the demon kings, both side fated to battle for eternity, dragging on for thousands of years of warfare. A world where good and evil is no longer as plain as day and night.

In such a world, there lives a girl named Deborah Draconis. Her life suddenly changes when she has a fateful encounter with someone who would change her life forever.

And so, their tale begin, the tale of someone who will become the 101th Demon King.

What do you seek in a story, my friend? Whatever that is, I doubt I could completely satisfy you with what I have in this story. But maybe there is something you can only find when trekking in the unknown :D.

The world of Airumel isn’t a grimdark world, and I hate using words like “grimdark”, it implies bad and evil things happen just because it is. There is usually no reason behind all those suffering other than “it’s dark”, “because there is evil”. I believe in something different. I believe there is tragedy behind every good intention. I believe an honest man can bring as much suffering as your typical psychopath. You know that old saying: Demons run when a good man goes to war. And the world of Airumel has a lot, a LOT of good men.

This isn’t a complete summary of this on-going world of mine. But I hope it could help you understand a bit of my world view that I used to create this story. I hope you find it interesting and enjoy it for what it worth.

Forgiuse out.

BTW, I’ll try to make a brief character introduction sheet later in this topic.