How much background to include for story set in an established world

So I started writing a story set in Tera Online.
I originally started writing it just to flesh out my in game character when I was bored commuting to and from work.

Even though tera isn't exactly lore rich like warcraft or Warhammer, it does have quite an extensive bit of lore in place. There's also the main quest/story in the game itself.

A lot of the things like character designs and location etc are already well known to players of the game. I would say there are quite a number of references in the story that only players of the game would get. 

I guess my question is how much of this information do I include in the story for readers that are not players of the game.

RE: How much background to include for story set in an established world

I also suggest giving all the information necessary, expecting the reader not to know anything. Most of your readers will probably have never played the game before, and even of those who did, many might have forgotten the events you're referring to. A refresher rarely goes amiss since there's so many stories in this world and if you don't stay involved with one even for a bit, it starts to fade. (Talking from experience, though, it's more about epic fantasy series and returning to a new installment after a year or two and having no idea what half the characters are or what in the world is even happening ;D)
Dream Chaser - After the world got destroyed, four people find themselves in a society under the feet of an Energy user. It is their wish to survive and help those around them, but how do you fight an opponent that can shape the whole world as they see fit? 

https://i.imgur.com/CvprWNR.png
You might want to think twice before you try to use a man's conscience against him. It might just turn out he doesn't have one.

Try to weave it into the narrative gradually instead of going the info dump route.

People aren't going to care about background right off the bat, and large paragraphs of exposition right off the bat turn readers off.

Weaving snippets in as necessary should both provide enough information and pull readers into the world more.

Hell, I don't even remember most of TERA's lore at this point.
Looking for stuff to read? Click below to navigate to my stories.

https://i.imgur.com/r6iTizF.jpg

thanks for all the answers and advice everyone :)

My exact worry is as Luciferia mentioned, when I was writing it just for friends in game, it was all fine and dandy, but once I started posting it here, it dawned on me that the readers probably don't know much about the game at all. The story isn't lore heavy by any means but there are some jokes and jabs at the game community that I just can't explain without large paragraphs with little place in the story.