Gamer Girl - A video game and anime-inspired superhero action comedy web serial

Gamer Girl is a superhero action comedy web serial following the bizarre adventures of Ralphie Hero, aka Gamer Girl, a superheroine with the superpower to summon the items and abilities of video game player characters. Working alongside her partner Comikazé ‘Kazé’ Maniakku, aka Fangirl, a superhero fanatic with an electric fan gun, Ralphie sets out to make a name for herself in a city already full of crime fighters. Between the monsters, the supervillains, and Ralphie’s mild sociopathic tendencies, it does not go well.

Updates every week on Sunday.

Read here.

Contains swearing, violence, and British humour.

You can help the web serial grow by voting for it on Top Web Fiction once a week and reviewing it on here and Web Fiction Guide. You can also add tropes to Gamer Girl's TV Tropes page. Please comment, follow, and rate (I could seriously use the feedback). Lastly, if you want to keep totally updated on all things Gamer Girl, you can follow the Gamer Girl Wordpress site.
Gamer Girl (A superhero action comedy web serial about a superheroine who can summon items and abilities from video games.)

RE: Gamer Girl - A video game inspired superhero web serial

Gamer Girl #2: The Public Good Part 1 has been published!

Read here.

Please rate, review, comment, follow, and share, and if you have any questions, leave a reply on the thread.
Gamer Girl (A superhero action comedy web serial about a superheroine who can summon items and abilities from video games.)

Gamer Girl #2: The Public Good Part 2 has been published!

Read here.

Please rate, review, comment, follow, and share, and if you have any questions, leave a reply on the thread.

Gamer Girl #2: The Public Good Part 3 has been published!

Read here.

Gamer Girl #2: The Public Good Part 4 has been published!

Read here.

After receiving several helpful reviews on Web Fiction Guide, the Gamer Girl WordPress site, and here on Royal Road Legends, I’ve finally managed to address the issues people were having with Gamer Girl #1: Teething Pains in the form of a complete rewrite of the arc. This includes upgrades in overall readability (no more characters being confusingly identified with three or more different words), narrative style (I’ve switched from third person omniscient narration to third person limited narration from Ralphie’s point of view in order to better portray her experiences as well as the world around her), situational explanations (why Ralphie and Kazé are so unprepared when fighting the Canine for example), along with hundreds of other alterations that serve to improve the quality of the story and writing.

Much like Ralphie aspiring to become an A-list superhero, I aspire to become an A-list writer,  so I appreciate all the constructive criticism that has helped me evolve creatively thus far.

Chapters affected:
Gamer Girl #1: Teething Pains Part 1/4
Gamer Girl #1: Teething Pains Part 2/4
Gamer Girl #1: Teething Pains Part 3/4
Gamer Girl #1: Teething Pains Part 4/4

Please rate, review, comment, follow, and share, and if you have any questions, leave a reply on the forum.

Gamer Girl now has its very own TV Tropes page! On it, you'll find all the main tropes in the web serial, from the stereotypical character types to the punny names to the kooky setting! Link: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Literature/GamerGirl2016

RE: Gamer Girl - A video game-inspired superhero web serial

Gamer Girl #2: Revolution Part 5 has been published!

Super special announcement: Gamer Girl will now update once a week every Sunday in chapters of roughly 1000 words, so cross Sunday mass off your schedules, folks! Additionally, new Gamer Girl WordPress site content such as character profiles, terminology explanations, and general trivia about the Gamer Girl verse will be posted on a weekly basis starting this Sunday too (link: https://gamergirlwebserial.wordpress.com/)!

Read here.

RE: Gamer Girl - A video game-inspired superhero web serial

'Wolfson' pid='824176' dateline='1494951622' Wrote: Been in my to read list forever, Sounds fun, i hope i get to it soon :P

Awesome. You'll be coming on board at a good time since I've just started updating every week on Sunday. I see you're part of a LitRPG group. Tell me, what exactly is LitRPG? I'm not sure if Gamer Girl counts or not: although it's a web serial about a someone who summons stuff from video games and has video game mechanics like levelling up, it's primarily superhero fiction, not the Sword Art Online-esque stuff I usually see from LitRPG works (did Sword Art Online really inspire an entire literary genre?!).