Query for input on harem stories, LitRPG vs normal fantasy?

Wanted to see what you guys think of these topics.

Are there too many harem novels out there? Do people get tired of them. I personally don't and want to do a few more of them but i'm curious about not just what i think of course. I also saw people seemingly bashing on them being too cliche recently and didn't understand why. But some people still like them right? 

I'd like to get your input on the future demand of harem like stories ( by harem story I of course mean Male MC with female harem members just to lay things out clearly. Sorry for the ladies but the other way around doesn't work for me to write somehow XD )

Also I've seen this tag of LitRPG lately...but that tag didn't used to exist. I don't think I fully understand how people view this differently than a normal fantasy story. And if its game based would people kind of give it trashy reviews and think its monotonous since games are based on grinding to get stronger? Aren't game stories already in fantasy? Is there a real line between them and what is that line?

One of the predicaments is that to get stronger in life or a fantasy story you would eventually start grinding enemies in similar patterns right? But how to do that without repeating the same chapter stuff would get challenging. What do you think about this and how to avoid it? *This particular as an author I want to be careful of. I need to keep things fresh and flowing.*

Thanks for input.

-N

RE: Query for input on harem stories, LitRPG vs normal fantasy?

I'm currently an author posting a litrpg with a harem so perhaps my input is uniquely suited to this :P

I think there is still a very high demand for Harem, if not even higher than before, but with the premise that the members of the harem have to be interesting. Readers are tired of Harem, but only the harem where the female characters are not even characters but just trophies. Of course many are fine with bad harems if the rest of the story makes up for it, but that's true for any genre.

LITRPG can be grindy(and many who read LitRpg can enjoy the grind when its well done) but there are many many ways to keep it fresh. One way to avoid the grinding is to create other ways of gaining experience. Whether it be dungeons, quests, leveling up skills and spells, or bonus experience for getting titles etc. Like I had the end of the dungeon and its boss actually turn out to be a trial for a Massive quest in another world.

Also to make a LitRPG world(at least where its real) you have to think about the common person. Why can't that common person become a great hero and adventurer? Why don't people just grind and level non-stop and take over a country? If you can answer these questions well I think the world starts to feel more real.

Alternatively, your world can be one where stronger and stronger people are constantly leveling and competing. There are just so many different types of LitRPG worlds that work. Whether it's the apocalypse setting, another world setting, or trapped in vr setting, or just regular vr.

I think the idea behind a LitRPG is taking a normal person and tossing them into a game world.
It can be VERY different then simply 'transporting to another world' but I don't think enough people take advantage on how it can be different.

I've read very few good Harem stories. Good ones are hard to find because they are usually associated with bad writing(most have little to no character development within the harem itself).

You could always skip the grinding and get to the drama :P I wouldn't want to read boring stuff, so I don't write it. It can just be something your characters do in the background if it's not too exciting.

In regards to : "LITRPG can be grindy(and many who read LitRpg can enjoy the grind when its well done) but there are many many ways to keep it fresh. One way to avoid the grinding is to create other ways of gaining experience. Whether it be dungeons, quests, leveling up skills and spells, or bonus experience for getting titles etc. Like I had the end of the dungeon and its boss actually turn out to be a trial for a Massive quest in another world."

So a LIT RPG is supposed to be somewhat grindy? Is the ability to harvess xp on a higher priority than the grindyness as long as the MC is somehow exploiting huge bounties even if it is grindy?

Can you sort of work around grindiness or repetitive similar battles or whatever in a story by having part of the story centered on growth and evolution of self or abilities focus? I'm curious of this concept of different parts of the story countering other parts. Of course I don't want to go for repitition but I need to study and see what people think of this concept of if growth or ability growth can compensate for those other parts etc. I hope that makes sense thanks.

People will always like harems and cliches so there will be an audience for it, especially if it's well done. However, as you yourself noted, harems are everywhere and stories without harems are few and far between. As such, the market for those is less saturated and I mean come on man do we really need another harem -_-
https://goo.gl/tHnDsL
A proud member of Writers to The End - We finish our fictions!
[My Website
]