RE: Dream sequences how do you do them?

For my part, I believe dream sequences are a perfect chance to break out from the limits of the physical world, mix cool things in there, floating islands that contain what you want to express, slight glimpses into different worlds, the sky is the limit.
Why bound your imagination to realistic things when in a dream you can be as unrealistic as you want :)
Will dies in the destruction of the earth... But he discovers that his memories have been inserted into a genetically enhanced baby, many years in the future, who can control organic nanomachines called Nanides.
With a space full of opportunities and many warring factions, Will needs to change in order to survive in this new cruel world.

Check out my story Symbiote

Proud Signee of The Pledge, a group of stories that have sworn to have a definite ending.

Check it out: http://forum.royalroadl.com/showthread.php?tid=97007

RE: Dream sequences how do you do them?

What exactly do you mean by time skips?

I find that dream sequences tend to happen when a transition is happening, like at the beginning of the chapter. Its a nice kind of refreshing break from the story line and it gives new perspective for the MC on how they think and what's plaguing them. Sometimes a dream is need for the MC themselves to figure out what's wrong with their own mental state and to take steps to solve it. It can also act as a foreshadower to the reader especially if the MC can't remember the dream when they wake up.

Try and write it weird and vague and not really making sense, with sudden shifts of scenery. To me, that's how dreams work. Also, ending it is pretty simple, just cut it off and have the MC wake up suddenly in a cold sweat or something. Cliche but it works. Well, it really just depends on what you're using the dream for.
Come Sevenfall  
Seren Ynys Online
Haven in a Dangerous World

Please, enjoy and visit me at my wordpress, https://comesevenfall.wordpress.com/

PM me if you see any grammar mistakes :D

Cakemen will eat cake!!!! For New Poland!