Is what I want to do considered plagiarism?

If I were to highlight/write down whenever I find something interesting in what I read, and then later I file those interesting "bits" into categories like similes and sayings. Then as I write and I want to express my thoughts in a more interesting way, I'd look back at those "bits" to see how my favorite authors did it and then try to write in a similar manner (by no means would I be copying word by word). The stuff that I write down includes funny or smart similes and special ways of using sentence structures (English is my second language). I might create specific sentence formulas from those bits.

The general consensus to me is that plagiarism is copying word by word or reproducing the copied content in its somewhat original form. So I don't think I'm violating that, though I might find myself unintentionally reproducing a similar style (more like a style resulted from a combination of my favorite author's writing styles). And by styles, I mean the way sentence structures are combined.
https://imgur.com/esUYqUx.png

RE: Is what I want to do considered plagiarism?

As far as I'm concerned I don't think this is plagiarism. But that said you would probably have to ask a lawyer for a definite answer, as the "definition" could still be applied: "The act of appropriating the literary composition of another author, or excerpts, ideas, or passages therefrom, and passing the material off as one's own creation". You don't have to copy it word for word or whole for this to work. Furthermore this is even more of a gray area when it comes to online copyright and all those areas where the law is 10 years behind modern culture. With that in mind you could probably call 90% of modern fantasy as (partly) plagiarism with a look at Tolkien's work...

That's why I think, this would still count as "inspiration" as long as you use your own words to express a similar situation. Even using similes or parts of sentences will probably not lead to anything as nobody can prove the copy of those parts. 99,9% of the stuff we write was written somewhere else before and is based on our experiences we had - which includes reading similar things. So it would be hard to nail you down on some single words here and there that may be similar or copied.

All that said, I wouldn't do copy similes or sentence structure directly, because it'll have a different feeling compared to the rest of your writing. So instead of writing down the sentence or simile itself I would write down your reaction/feelings to it and use that later to recreate that same feeling for my own readers. But that's just me because those clever things would stick out like a sore thumb and destroy the flow of my own words...

It wouldn't be plagiarism. In fact, I think it's a great way to improve yourself as a writer. However, I'd recommend against taking such a clinical approach (both because it's hard to keep up but also because it's less effective) and trying to emulate the techniques of your favorite authors rather than what they said. I.e. rather than using/rephrasing similes you liked, copy an author's ability to come up with good similes and make your own!
https://goo.gl/tHnDsL
A proud member of Writers to The End - We finish our fictions!
[My Website
]

It depends who have the better laywer ?
If it's you = Inspiration
if it's him = plagiarism
Money is a huge factor too with enough both of them could be inspiration.

No seriously I don't think it count as plagiarism if you just copying his style and not his story, i mean it's like saying a film director will be sued because he used a new camera effect, no better, it's like saying every film who used the slowmow after matrix had to be sued.
My fiction give it a check  
--->Heroes eyes <---  
                                   -.-I-is][Mighty\|