The Eagle's Flight - Completed Epic Fantasy Novel

Hey everyone at RRL! I write fantasy novels in my spare time, and I make them available for free. Besides having read the genre since I was a child, I also wrote my Master's thesis on fantasy at university. I have created a dedicated site where my novel can be downloaded and which includes a lot of background information about my world, such as a map made by a professional cartographer. However, in the interest of gaining more readers, I have decided to put my book on RRL after having heard it mentioned.

This is the link to the book on RRL: The Eagle's Flight

Since the book is completed, I can guarantee updates every week without delay until it is finished.

So what's it about?

Conflict is always lurking beneath the surface in the realms of Adalmearc. Power is scattered amongst many in its multiple forms: the authority of kings and noblemen, the military might of the knight order, the spiritual influence of the priesthoods, and the economic control of the guilds. With the death of a king, all are free to pursue their own agenda, and each is the hero of his or her own story. In the end, only one may remain: one winner, one hero, one story.

I hope you'll give it a chance!

RE: The Eagle's Flight - Completed Epic Fantasy Novel

The link you have on your post is the link for your fiction from your profile, meaning, people can't access it. The one on your signature is the right one though. You should fix that.
"Tables and game mechanics definitely have their place in fiction, especially on this site. However game mechanics are really just limitations our current technology had to put on a story to make it into something playable. Sometimes a story is best told free of those shackles." - Skaeger

RE: The Eagle's Flight - Completed Epic Fantasy Novel

My fic has been accepted into TOPA. A few excerpts from the review process is below:

"The Eagle's Flight is a work of art, the likes of which have never been seen on this site. It reads like something that I would pull off the shelf of a bookstore. The grammar is there, as well as the spelling and formatting. There's nothing else to be said. Regarding quality, it is probably the best work of fiction that I have ever read on Royal Road."

"The pacing is slow. This fiction is clearly not designed with wish fulfillment in mind. It is a solid, well-written work of fiction that slowly fleshes the world and its residents out. Though slow, it is not to the point of being dull, and even in the exposition-laden first chapter, the author manages to progress the plot, all the while seamlessly revealing information about this meticulously detailed realm. "

"Characters are smartly written. The dialogue is both smart and charming. The author shows rather than telling, and each exchange provides new insights into the motives and temperaments of the characters. They are of all different backgrounds. Even roles that are usually riddled with tropes such as princes and knights manage to distinguish themselves as unique, believable, individuals."