I am sadly dissapointed.

Sligh spoiler for ISSTH ahead.

what to say, lately i have tried reading the popular xianxia series I shal seal the heavens, which i knew about for a long time but just didn't want to start on because according to most people it does not have the same flavor as usual xianxias, and believe it or not i love cliche xianxia, the lines ''spit a mouthful of blood,'' and ''your grandmother'' or ''i your grandfather'' never fail to make me laugh so i thought it wasn't something for me but i just started. the first hundred chapters i felt were quite slow, or rather it just didn't have enough interesting stuff going on, the ardous process of cultivating was sadly tiring, the best parts were of course the ones with fatty, patriarch reliance and the lake. i also liked the moment where meng hao was looking back on his life before cultivation. anyways the story really picked off for me after the reveal of what patriarch reliance is,the blood legacy tournament was really good and i fell in love with the character meat slab '' that is immoral!''. but after that i just feel like the story moved away from what made it so much fun, the comedy and the lighthearted moments, mixed with the emotional/philosophical bits into the dark realms of edginess(ie:it became more serious). meng hao is a character who is faar from the usual xianxia protagonist's bloodthirst but still i just expected more. rather than him continuing to be meng hao the cultivator, he became the cultivator meng hao, if that makes anysense.

Anyways, i guess i just pushed too many expectations on this series, or rather the innate proplem of all xianxias is that they just can't be as entertaining in all their parts/chapters, there are just bound to be parts one doesn't enjoy when the story is so damn long.

just wanted to share my thoughts, what are your experiences with ISSTH or any xianxia actually?

RE: I am sadly dissapointed.

The latest chapter was pretty nice. I don't go into it expecting much, it's just my daily dose of fun that isn't cringe-worthy like other xianxias. Also, I personally think the frequent release schedule is what makes these stories either one-dimensional or have slow arcs (when the author can't think up an exciting event) and better ones (when they can.)
https://goo.gl/tHnDsL
A proud member of Writers to The End - We finish our fictions!
[My Website
]

RE: I am sadly dissapointed.

It's incredibly frustrating when there is an obvious solution to a problem but the MC is just like "I have too much pride" and everyone is like "What arrogance!" but it isn't arrogance it is just selfishness. Or another situation where the MC is wondering how to get more powerful, he could meditate and cultivate and considering all the powerups he has it wouldn't take that long to make a breakthrough or he could go on a long, arduous journey to which he MIGHT get what he wanted but almost die in the process. But of course the MC always chooses the latter.
Why'd we all stop putting our dragon eggs in our signatures so we could hatch them, that shit was the best