random questions are welcome. (Answers are not welcome, they are NEEDED)

Anyone know why in a lot of the stories with a male mc, they are described as very feminine looking, but rarely a muscle man with a awesome beard is shown. (just imagine a muscle man with the beard of a redneck running around killing shit, entertaining thought xD)
Another question, how many of you guys enjoy a evil mc.
Last one i swear(lying) how many fellow humans here enjoy a lich mc, goblin mc and/or dungeon mc?
(rate this thread from 1-10, i made this thread for fun xD.)
10 (not biased at all, hehehehe.)

RE: random questions are welcome. (Answers are not welcome, they are NEEDED)

Pretty sure the feminine male mc is a cultural difference. You see it in Chinese novels because their image of male beauty is a more delicate looking man Jade like skin, etc. I don't know the reasons why this is it just is.

Whereas, in a place like the USA, an "ideal" man is rough and burly. He has muscles on his muscles and looks like he could wrestle a tree down faster than he could chop it. Because culturally that is the image we have. Probably comes partly from romanticized cowboys and other time periods where American's romanticized tough struggles men endured.

I don't really care if the MC is good or evil, rather I care that the MC is not an idiot. I have read and am willing to read stories featuring an evil mc.

Also this thread is 2/10.

1. Huh, you figuratively opened my eyes... But then again, we don't see that much superhero, both in comics and movies, sporting big muscles and an awesome beard either. Except maybe...that Bear-Man in that new Russian superhero movie. Or Odin. Or the new Aquaman.
2. Hmm, define evil?
3. I myself personally like it. (What a redundant sentence!)
4. Eight out of eight flying female dolphins.
Check my story!

Lightning Does Strike Twice

For me evil in novels at least would be a MC who enjoys others suffering, kills for fun if he can and will do any inhumane action to reach his goal no matter who or what suffers, like the MCs from inspector of god and Rise of the Lich!( which three days ago the author of Rise of the Lich! said he is back, crying from joy ;u;)

Also how did i figuratively open your eyes? im confused xD.

'skullcyber' pid='820418' dateline='1484344199' Wrote: Anyone know why in a lot of the stories with a male mc, they are described as very feminine looking, but rarely a muscle man with a awesome beard is shown. (just imagine a muscle man with the beard of a redneck running around killing shit, entertaining thought xD)
It's mostly a cultural perspective of the ideal form. Some of the ones on RRL emulate the Chinese ideal of femininity while others follow the Japanese trope of weak/sub-par MC gets everything. If that's all you're seeing on RRL though, you're reading all the wrong things. If you're around long enough, you learn to cherry pick things to read.

Quote:Another question, how many of you guys enjoy a evil mc.
Evil? How so? Morally ambiguous is always a refreshing break from "good". I guess, I just like my characters to be human.

Quote:Last one i swear(lying) how many fellow humans here enjoy a lich mc, goblin mc and/or dungeon mc?
(rate this thread from 1-10, i made this thread for fun xD.)
10 (not biased at all, hehehehe.)
Meh. I don't really care what the MC is as long as it's a well written story.

I'd rate 3/10. You forgot the "?" on most of your "questions".
RE:TTC | Support Your Authors | WriTE + Magazine | LitRPGS | INKED | RRL Music Playlist | Gashapon Art Machine | RRL Discord
Congrats, you've found the following item: <Potato.> Would you like to add it to your inventory?
<Yes>/<No>
P.s. Too lazy to finish cleaning up my forum sig right now. Ignore half the links please.

'deproxyacct' pid='820505' dateline='1484506475' Wrote: Hello, I'm new here. It may have been asked before, but is Royal Road limited to fantasy fiction or general fiction? I like any fiction, though personally, I'm more of a sci fi/post apocalypse type. I wonder if these kinds of stories are welcome here. Thanks.
Check out any novel by scottf14, there's plenty of that type here though the reigning type seems to be litRPG and anime/web novel/xianxia inspired stuff.

As for the OP post, I think the main point of a feminine MC is because that's the kind of story that anime tends to gravitate towards, the MC is the stand in for the viewer and they often have a standard cultural view of the situation and not much agency. Things happen to them, because people usually don't want to take action in their own lives so it's an easy way to get them involved. So they save the world or the girl because they just so happen to have super amazing abilities granted to them, but really, they are a total pushover.

As for evil MCs that's the other side of the spectrum. When you say evil, you usually mean a smarter selfish protagonist who exploits people for his own gain. i haven't seen many stories that make the MC irredeemable and unlikable, just acting on his desires and being aggressive with whatever magic he has to throw around. I think this appeals to the people who are a bit older and find the bland MC too unrealistic.

In the end, I think that from a storytelling perspective, anime is limited to visuals and sound so often stories on here and xianxia stories as well try to emulate a visual style and often fall short. The real strength of writing is that you can introduce lots of ideas and complexity to a situation quickly, you don't have to rely on visual cues to get the point across. People tend to try to form the mental image anyways and that's the difficult part of being a writer.

Also this thread is a 7/10 because I posted in it.