Stories where a destined hero becomes a villan or something else.

So can you please recommend a sstory where a destined hero who was suppose to protect and serve people becomes a villan or something else due to amy reason like change in ideology, corruption, someone's intervention in the MC life, rrebellious gods or entity plans or just due to MC wanting to do his own thing.

Example: Falling star of evolution where MC was supposed to be a hero of humanity became a conqueror for the snake God. 

Thanks

RE: Stories where a destined hero becomes a villan or something else.

My RRL story Conquest: Rise of the Fifth Horseman is exactly that. Spoiler alert! At the end of this installment of my story, the would-be hero rejects his calling, succombs to the Leviathan and becomes the villain of the remainder of the series. The entire first story is complete, an I'm posting chapter by chapter each day. Check it out here: http://royalroadl.com/fiction/10040

RE: Stories where a destined hero becomes a villan or something else.

My story might be half of a hit. I hate being wed in a fantasy world! It's not the focus of the story, but being "not the hero people suspected" goes along with it.

MC is summoned with others into a fantasy world as heroes, but the MC separates from the rest quite early, as he doesn't want to work with the others.
At volume 2 things happens, which makes it hard for him to return to the place that summoned him.