I Am Offering FREE Editing

Heyoh Beans,

I'm offering free editing services for up to five thousand words for the first person who replies. I may offer this again if this collaboration works out.

Just to make things clear, here is a list of things I do NOT offer:

• I will not act as your structural editor to discuss continuity questions, plot development, or character development.

• I will not give you my opinions of your overall story and how to improve it

• I will not hold your hand and tell you you're the next big thing

Here is what I DO offer:

• basic grammar fixes including punctuation and spelling

• reduction of adverbs

• changes of passive voice to active voice. minimizing passive voice.

• simplifying sentences in favor of economical reading

My services don't offer everything you would ever want in an editor, let alone a copy editor. This will not be a good fit for everyone, but may be what a few of you are looking for.  I will give you a copy of my work in highlighted text so you can consider my suggestions at your whim.

The purpose of this free editing is to use as an example for when I finally charge for my work. First come, first serve.

RE: I Am Offering FREE Editing

'moulder666' pid='820767' dateline='1485036130' Wrote: Hey. I'd love to see a sample of your gifts - and also hear what your rates are. :-)

Except of course if your offer only applies to those who already have their story on RRL?

It's free. Send me a link of whatever you want me to edit, up to 5k. I'll send my suggestions back via evernote link. Do with it what you will.

RE: I Am Offering FREE Editing

'OutspanFoster' pid='820779' dateline='1485067541' Wrote:
'moulder666' pid='820767' dateline='1485036130' Wrote: Hey. I'd love to see a sample of your gifts - and also hear what your rates are. :-)

Except of course if your offer only applies to those who already have their story on RRL?

It's free. Send me a link of whatever you want me to edit, up to 5k. I'll send my suggestions back via evernote link. Do with it what you will.

Sounds great. Will get back to you soon.