Novels where the main character takes other peoples' skills....

List: Re: Monster, Tenshi Shitara Slime Denshi Datta Ken, Skill-Taker, To deprive a depraved person (not as good as the other three). 

Now, it's time for my own shameless self-promotion. My novel also has the same concept as re:monster and tenshi slime. Give it a look if you'd like ;) 

Link: http://royalroadl.com/fiction/10202
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/image...gHZZK_7wsw

Only he who achieves true greed can attain true power.
Reincarnation, levels, RPG, power to steal abilities.
Web Novel (Greed): http://royalroadl.com/fiction/10202

RE: Novels where the main character takes other peoples' skills....

D-D-Did you just say: Skill Taker's World Domination
AND EVEN SAID IT WAS GOOD?
TO DEPRIVE A DEPRIVED PERSON IS A 100 TIMES BETTER THAN THIS SHIT
SKILL TAKER'S WORLD DOMINATION WAS PROBABLY MADE BY A 5 YEARS OLD KID

If you said that you probably have to read more, to judge shit as something good, and judge something good as shit
Invisible Dragon is 1000 times better than skill taker, and the author was nuts when he wrote it, and it is still better than this shit

http://www.novelupdates.com/series/invisible-dragon/ - ART

http://www.novelupdates.com/series/skill-takers-world-domination-building-a-slave-harem-from-scratch/ - BULLSHIT
I'm here just to give feedbacks.. and possibly write something, I don't know, who knows?
The Book Cultivation Technique is the method to gather Ancient Book Qi into your dantian to cultivate the Book Laws.

I wrote this post quite a while ago XD Also, I never expected someone to be so passionate in terms of their tastes. For me, skill taker's world domination was just as good as TDD. Once again, you can think that I'm totally wrong since it's just an opinion :p Maybe the harem or writing turned you off. For me, as long as it's RPG and there's progress, I enjoy the story. It's all subjective. Being a writer myself, I can't really put down someone else's story when I don't know if I could do any better myself :p

If that's what you think, that's fine :p Everything's subjective. Likewise, someone might love a book and rate it 5 and someone might hate it and rate it 0. I guess most of it just depends on taste. Although I will admit that there's not much character development, the story's at least enjoyable for me. If there were more chapters I would have probably read them. This is also coming from someone who has read all the RPG and xianxia manga and novels there are to find (like re:monster, tensei shitara slime denshi, log horizon, combat continent, tales of demons and gods, atg, and a lot more that I'm too lazy to name) XD Anyways, there's a lot of stories out there so I'm sure you'll find one that suits you : )

'motimbit' pid='821688' dateline='1487621084' Wrote: If that's what you think, that's fine :p Everything's subjective. Likewise, someone might love a book and rate it 5 and someone might hate it and rate it 0. I guess most of it just depends on taste. Although I will admit that there's not much character development, the story's at least enjoyable for me. If there were more chapters I would have probably read them. This is also coming from someone who has read all the RPG and xianxia manga and novels there are to find (like re:monster, tensei shitara slime denshi, log horizon, combat continent, tales of demons and gods, atg, and a lot more that I'm too lazy to name) XD Anyways, there's a lot of stories out there so I'm sure you'll find one that suits you : )

I've read them as well ( except ATG )... They are all sh*t, except for log horizon and TDG (sadly it's on hiatus)
Almost all xianxia novel is a sh*t, because it's just a level up simulator ( I could program one as well in JavaScript )
Just outputting the mc name and some randomly generated names to battle and saving all of them in a .txt file

Re: Monster was a level up simulator as well, with inner monologues and no interaction with the surroundings ( the only interaction is Rou swallowing everything in his path )

Don't remember tensei shitaraa very well, but it's japanese, and I've dropped this novel because of a reason, the poor quality. If you want to see non-biased reviews go to novelupdates and search for the 3 that gave the less stars to the novel.
Lets look at the reviews for Skill Taker's World Domination

Quote:
BY BlackHat88 - GAVE 1 STAR TO THE NOVEL ( LOWEST GRADE )

I kinda like the novels with ability stealers but this one scores too high on the pervert schale. MC spends 1/2 of his time doing pervert stuff like using wind spells to see undies or when he gets the curse magic, first spell he gets is conveniently the sexual attraction curse and what is MC first reaction? Mixing it with water spells to make tentacles magic… I can bare some stuff here and there but it’s so constant that the story is slow really really slow. Plus fights are boring as hell and the author’s writing style is bad. If you like the genre go check “To deprive a deprived person”
Quote:
BY Twilight Reverie - GAVE 1 STAR TO THE NOVEL ( LOWEST GRADE )

This work is disappointing on many different levels. The plot is almost nonexistent, and what is there is thrown into the readers' face out of nowhere. The objectives of the protagonist are not only simplistic and childish, but they are also counterproductive. Events do not unfold logically, but are instead staged by the author in an artificial manner to either needlessly benefit the protagonist or advance his harem; what type of slavers would summon an unknown individual that they expect will have a powerful and unique ability, and not enslave said individual immediately? Especially when the act of enslavement requires only a drop of blood and holds no repercussions for the slaver. The most disappointing aspect of this story, however, it the protagonist himself: A genius individual who has mastered virtually every martial art and sport, yet somehow lacks the discipline gained while or needed to master them in the first place. Instead he possesses the personality of an extreme pervert, but doesn't feel comfortable touching his slave harem for fear of knocking them up. Additionally, after 80 chapters the protagonist shows absolutely no character development. He gains numerous skills and abilities, which in turn should benefit his martial arts as he practices a style that supposedly adapts to any situation. When he faces an opponents however, rather than utilize a method derived from a combination of his old and new abilities, the author instead adds new aspects to his old abilities with no warning.
Being barraged by stones? The protagonist has mastered tennis and is able to return those stones with his sword, killing the enemies who threw them. Told a monster is best fought at range? He's mastered baseball and throws a stone at the monster, killing it in one hit.
It's as if the author has created a protagonist that is far smarter than the author, and as a result the author is inadequate to develop the character's abilities. In short this story is poorly conceived, featuring little plot with no foundation and a broken protagonist that is beyond the abilities of the author to develop properly. If one wants to read a story featuring skill theft, a supporting slave harem, and NPC elements, look elsewhere. This story is towards the bottom of that particular barrel, and much better examples exist.

AND NOW WE GET TO THE INCONSISTENT REVIEWS

Quote:
BY the_cheater17 - A guy that gave 5 stars and made a very inconsistent review

We have story with just another reincarnated+harem+OP-MC theme.
The good is, no echi just like most of this kind of theme. And, I like it.
It's not that I don't like echi, but sometime, echi+harem, it'll be more like censored H. And, I don't like after some paragraphs to read fan service scene.
1 - Well, so I don't know why they put the ECCHI GENRE on the novel if there isn't any ecchi
As you can see, this novel is classified by novelupdates as
Quote:Genre
Action Comedy Ecchi Fantasy Harem

2 - no echi just like most of this kind of theme
the_cheater17 is like referring to harem as 'this kind of theme'
AND HOW CAN THERE BE A NO-ECCHI HAREM?
Inconsistencies, inconsistencies, they are everywhere

3 - The other reviewers CLEARLY SAY that there is ecchi everywhere, as stated by BlackHat88
"MC spends 1/2 of his time doing pervert stuff like using wind spells to see undies or when he gets the curse magic, first spell he gets is conveniently the sexual attraction curse and what is MC first reaction? Mixing it with water spells to make tentacles magic…"

That's why skill taker is shit

But I still agree that taste is taste, flies can eat feces so why can't humans eat rotten books?
I'm here just to give feedbacks.. and possibly write something, I don't know, who knows?
The Book Cultivation Technique is the method to gather Ancient Book Qi into your dantian to cultivate the Book Laws.

Wow, you're really passionate about this XD Good on you for being strong with your opinions, more power to you! That being said, I just like a good story. I'm no book reviewer. I just like reading a story where I can know some of the side characters, imagine the world, have an mc that constantly develops (physical and emotionally) and a story that's not discontinued. I feel like being super nitpicky when I read will just ruin my enjoyment of the story. I'm not super strict about that tags. Heck, if a story says echi and it doesn't have any, as long as the story has something I like, I would still read it. I've read way too many novels to count, and I feel like even if I read a novel like "skill taker" again I wouldn't really mind it. This isn't because it's some heavenly book but it's just because the skill stealing ability is enough to make me somewhat enjoy the story regardless. I never dismiss a story as long as I can at least enjoy it a bit. Either way, I respect your ability to be critical : ) Cheers

'motimbit' pid='821702' dateline='1487643198' Wrote: Wow, you're really passionate about this XD Good on you for being strong with your opinions, more power to you! That being said, I just like a good story. I'm no book reviewer. I just like reading a story where I can know some of the side characters, imagine the world, have an mc that constantly develops (physical and emotionally) and a story that's not discontinued. I feel like being super nitpicky when I read will just ruin my enjoyment of the story. I'm not super strict about that tags. Heck, if a story says echi and it doesn't have any, as long as the story has something I like, I would still read it. I've read way too many novels to count, and I feel like even if I read a novel like "skill taker" again I wouldn't really mind it. This isn't because it's some heavenly book but it's just because the skill stealing ability is enough to make me somewhat enjoy the story regardless. I never dismiss a story as long as I can at least enjoy it a bit. Either way, I respect your ability to be critical : ) Cheers

I respect your point of view as well
I JUST HATE THE BOOK