RE: What is the meaning of life?

1 Every living being is just RNA/DNA way to go around

2 We're in a simulation like Matrix made by someone to study who knows what

3 There is a very bored god somewhere who finds living beings fun to watch

4 There is no meaning and you can only try to enjoy your life as much as you can

That was all that came to mind. Choose the one you prefer

I know of a guy who spent his life asking the same thing. He came up with the answer 42. I thought about it every time I go to bed and realized that I would have to spend the rest of my life pondering about it until I finally realize what it means. Someday. Someday.
They said the world is ending.
They are wrong. Its only changing.
https://i.imgur.com/LqcYAhwt.jpg

'TheManWithLongReach' pid='821280' dateline='1486459842' Wrote: I know of a guy who spent his life asking the same thing. He came up with the answer 42. I thought about it every time I go to bed and realized that I would have to spend the rest of my life pondering about it until I finally realize what it means. Someday. Someday.

Maybe the problem is that we don't really know the question

None. In the end, there isn't a meaning that I believe that gives us sufficient reason. Just like I cannot believe that in the millions of worlds in the universe, we are on the only planet with life.

I don't think there is a meaning to life in general. What is more important is what you make your purpose and how you experience your life itself. In the end, it only matters to you..

It will differ for every person. Yet not one person will be able to give you an answer.

I think a person who would be the closest to the answer, would be someone on their deathbed. Still that would only be for them and no-one else because I think when you know you are going to die it strips away the veil that most of us have. An illusion of immortality or that we are actually in control. Sure, everyone knows they are dying and everyone knows accidents can happen, but we don't feel it. Its not raw. We only experience fleeting moments through our lives, some not even that.

I sometimes wonder if this is a blessing or a curse. If everyone knew exactly what life meant to them we would all be living to the extreme in everything we do.
Read my fic or..... (¬¦_¦)=/????/’?’? ? ??? ?? ??.

Sky Prince- Book 1 Battle for Atlantia

'motimbit' pid='821257' dateline='1486394339' Wrote: Question: What is the meaning of life?

I once had a dream where I was walking through a beautiful golden field of grass. The sky was dotted with fluffy clouds. I looked up and said, "what is the meaning of life?"

A voice from the sky replied, "well, Scott, it's simple. Bananas, socks, and underwear."

I paused. The weight of the words hitting me.

"It's so simple."

"I know."

When I woke up I had a deep sense of peace and understanding. Then I realized that I had no idea what the hell meant.

'LethalDogFart' pid='821287' dateline='1486477500' Wrote: None. In the end, there isn't a meaning that I believe that gives us sufficient reason. Just like I cannot believe that in the millions of worlds in the universe, we are on the only planet with life.

I don't think there is a meaning to life in general. What is more important is what you make your purpose and how you experience your life itself. In the end, it only matters to you..

I agree wholeheartedly. 

Life has no meaning, so give it one. 

My entire story was set in motion by my MC going through an existential crisis similar to the one I went through.
MALEFICENCE

If you're going to do it, then you might as well be the best at it.

That's why, everything else is cold comfort. I'll claim this unforgiving world. 

The Meaning of Life?

Life by definition can be considered to be movement.
It does not border on good/neutral/evil.

Why do you need movement?
To accomplish a goal.

Each person's opinion differs from another because of our uniqueness, as such every person has their own reason to live.
But your question then is for the majority, regardless of what their individual goals are.

So for me the generally accepted answer would be:
The meaning of life, is to do and accomplish whatever goals you set for yourself while you are alive.
------------------------------------------------------
Reading and writing is my passion, pleasure, purpose.
------------------------------------------------------

As the laws of the universe dictate that all energy must reach perfect equilibrium, resulting in the cold death of our universe - the meaning of our lives is to assist in the destruction of the universe. How cool is that?

No, but in all seriousness - we're not anything special. We want ourselves to have a special 'meaning' in life, because we are our brains, and our brains tell us that the brain is the most important part of our body.

In reality, our consciousness is not a 'thing' or anything tangible, it's more like how cold is a result of lack of heat/energy. There is no such thing as 'cold', or 'letting the cold in', you're just letting heat or energy transfer from a higher concentration to lower concentration to reach equilibrium. Consciousness is simply the act of comparing neural electrical impulses sent from our sensory receptor neurons (our senses, sight, taste, feel, hearing, etc.) to the hormonal biological/chemical energy stored inside of our brains (memory). When we sense something, our receptor neurons send an electrical impulse to our brains telling us that we touched something, or we tasted something - and then compares this information with memory to figure out what exactly it is. Our consciousness is just this process repeated millions of times every microsecond, over and over again.

Technically, this means that every time you sleep - you, the 'you' that is reading this, dies, because you are just a constant comparison with memories and current events, and when this stops - you end. The only reason that you think you are the same person, is because of memories.

This consciousness theory basically solves every paradox and issue that we have with things such as teleportation, life and death, and dozens of other problems. Why? Let's take the teleportation issue. There are two ways for teleportation to occur - the destruction of all the atoms, copying that information over and rebuilding the atoms using the copied information, or breaking down the atoms and transporting them quickly to a new location. Either way, is the person that walks out of the machine the same person that walked in?

Essentially, yes. They will say they are the same person if every single neural impulse is copied at the same time, and every atom and every form of energy transfer are completely replicated, but this is only because of the memories - which are forms of chemical energy. That person that walks out, will say he had just fell asleep and then woke up on the other side. In reality however, the person that walked into the machine - would have died. Instantly. At that moment the teleportation started, he would stop existing, because his consciousness would have ended. But what had happened, was the consciousness created new chemical storage in the form of energy - causing the reformed person to think he was the same person, when essentially it's a different consciousness (remember, consciousness isn't a *thing* its more a state of compassion or energy transfer)

What else does this solve? Lets say someone dies, what would happen if you revived that person? You would say he is the same person right? But he died didn't he? Well, essentially what happened is his conciousness ended as his body is unable to support the energy transfers required to sustain it. When you revive someone, its essentially the same thing as going to sleep.

Now you'll say, "Well there are people that have been medically proclaimed dead." And yes, they did die, fully. What do they describe death to feel like? Sleeping.

If you still can't wrap your mind around this idea, lets say a person dies - instead of reviving them, you copy their body and rebuild it perfectly from scratch using new materials, but make the exact same person. Would that be the same person? Again, essentially yes, because the chemical storage/memories will be the exact same, and they will think they are the same person. The conciousness will restart, and comparisons between what is going on and memories will happen again.

If you've ever heard the paradox, would a boat be the same boat if you replaced a part of it every day until not a single part was the same on the new boat as the old, this solves the issue with the human body. It is estimated that every SEVEN years, every cell in our body will be different than it was seven years ago. So are you the same person? Yes. Because like the rebuilding a body, the chemical energy or memories were copied over cell by cell. You lose memories on the way due to the imperfect nature, but you're still the same person, just with a different conciousness occupying it every day.

So sleep tight, knowing that tomorrow - there will be someone in your body that claims hes you - but really isnt the you in front of your screen right now, just using the memories of you today to say he is the you of tomorrow.
https://i.imgur.com/2LhLF05.png
You're no Hero. Nor is he.