normal guy

Why in japanese novel all the male mc always accept two girls feeling or more than that? It's normal you think? In my opinion why can't  they just accept one girl feeling and tell the other girls he respect them but only choose one of them. I don't think that's good you know  but it's just my opinion and can you tell about your opinion?
Robber 

RE: normal guy

Why are you trying to apply logic to harem stories?

I mean logically, yes the male MC should choose one girl or all the girls shouldn't put up with a person like that and move on. However, since girls in harem stories generally have a single personality trait who's only purpose there is to be something the MC is attracted too, then what do you expect?

However, you would think the MC would go for someone with a little more personality depth. I mean seriously some of the girls behavior are down right creepy and psychotic. Generally in real life, I find most guys, don't do psychotic. Well some them do and you have to arrange an intervention to help them. I'm sure some might want to fantasy about being approached by a group of girls who will do anything for their personal affection, but in reality I would expect that'll get a bit tiresome after awhile.

However to actually answer your question. Entertainment, even though it's entertainment I find illogical and a bit annoying. I mean yes, it's mainly supposed to be humorous, but sometimes it feels when you read and watch one harem anime, you pretty much seen them all. And it isn't the girls chasing after one guy like they don't have lives and goals on there own. It's just many of the girls are so one dimensional. I mean how is a guy supposed to choose when all their love interests have as much character depth as a toaster. I figure he's decides to keep them all because with of the girls combined you have what feels like the personality of a single girl.

RE: normal guy

Because Harem stories are Power Fantasy aimed to teenagers, be it in actual age or general mental age.
That's for the STANDARD ones. Wishful thinking.

Not an insult, just a FACT. It is how they are tailored.

Even taking into considerations actual harems, be it from where society works in tandem with them or a person extremely skilled in time management and social interaction, the mechanics are profoundly different.

So yeah, they work that way because they are like Dragon Ball or Superman. Power fantasy. Just a different, sadder breed :D (to each his own ! )