Royal Roadl is awesome

Just wanted to commend the amount of freedom this site gives us. I've recently started to work on putting my fictions on Wattpad, and seeing how ridiculously restrictive they are really amazes me. Everything about Wattpad is so backwards, I simply cannot understand it.

It has made me appreciate just how amazing Royal Roadl is. I feel Royal Roadl is in its own league, far ahead from any other writing site - and we have the privilege to use it. No other site inspires me as much as this one. No other site lets me create such aesthetically pleasing stories as this site. I feel inspired because I'm proud of not only my work, but how it looks. I can't say that about any other site.

This site and everyone who works on it puts in so much work, and they really deserve recognition for it. So I'm just posting this to say thanks. Thanks for being awesome.

RE: Royal Roadl is awesome

'Markious' pid='821535' dateline='1487162040' Wrote: Oh? What sort of restrictions are we  talking about?(I have never used watt pad so I am curious) do they not allow a certain type of content or what?

The only way they allow you to manipulate text is: bold, italics, underline and alignment. They also allow you to add pictures and videos, but the pictures are displayed in poor quality. I can upload my pictures in perfect HD quality (I did so for my book cover), but the second I post it Wattpad lowers the quality. It sucks.

There are a lot of smaller things, like the width of the reading area is small. You can't create tables so I've had to take pictures of my tables and upload them in poor quality. You can't create clickable links, and so on and so forth.

I believe they've designed the website around the mobile app. So you should really think of the Wattpad website as an extension of the Wattpad app for mobile phones, rather then the main site. Which may be great for readers, but it absolutely sucks for writers who want to do anything besides copy and paste plain text.

It's not like I don't understand why they did it initially, but they've had plenty of time to improve on things since then. Their site is way too popular for them to claim they don't have enough staff, money or time. It's just sheer lack of effort and care on their part.

'Quill' pid='821540' dateline='1487179074' Wrote: I tried putting my story on Wattpad and it didn't even get views after several chapters being uploaded. Maybe Wattpad is suffering from being too crowded, but it felt like you didn't get a chance there (unless probably you wrote in the specific categories and keywords for that site). RRL seems a lot more inclusive, and the interaction with other people is great.

And the worst thing of all is if you choose the 'mature' rating, the site acts as if your story hardly exists. You don't appear on the 'new' category or any other just in-case someone accidentally clicks on your fiction and gets a 'surprise'. So I'm forced to choose yes on basically being ignored by the site because it caters to cheesy romantic stories.

I think for Wattpad, if you want to get views, you have to be active in the forums. Also, the mature setting thing, i think you can only see the mature stories if you actually put your birth date on your profile, indicating you are at least 18 years old. I also think genre has a lot to do with the views you get there and looking at the genre of your story Andrew, i'd say that RRL is definitely more receptive to it.

As for the features you mentioned Andrew, it doesn't effect my own work because i just copy and paste from a word document but i do agree that the small width of the reading area is annoying.
My works A God in a Xianxia World
                A Dark Hero Summoning

Wattpad feels more of like a blog sort of thing. And if ya wanna get views there, you have to self promote on a lot of sites.
Or make a cringe worthy romance deepshit. That'll score views for sure. I field tested. Make sure not to leave out the romance and drama tag. A female lead scores more.
But this ain't a debate about that right? For rrl is the best.
Thus ALL HAIL THE LORD RRL! PRAISE!
Gibe CaNcer b0ss
I hAbe 3 ch0m0s0mEs left

novels: cancer
And this one: that ione.

'NotTzx' pid='821588' dateline='1487348563' Wrote: Wattpad feels more of like a blog sort of thing. And if ya wanna get views there, you have to self promote on a lot of sites.
Or make a cringe worthy romance deepshit. That'll score views for sure. I field tested. Make sure not to leave out the romance and drama tag. A female lead scores more.
But this ain't a debate about that right? For rrl is the best.
Thus ALL HAIL THE LORD RRL! PRAISE!

Yeah I'm not going to worry too much. I'll put my work on it because there's no reason not to, but I'm not going to try and promote it too hard.