What if time travel becomes a reality, not because we invent it now, but because someone brings the technology back from the future? And what if that technology ends up in the hands of a bunch of teenagers? "Time & Tied" is:

-SciFi, because that's where 'time travel' fits...
-Contemporary, because it effectively takes place in 'present day'...
-Fantasy, because a few characters have subtle "abilities"...
-And it's updating Daily for the next 6 months, because the whole thing is written, it's simply a matter of my staying ahead in terms of edits. Well, and having the motivation. I stopped posting to Wattpad at Part 24 because the complete apathy was too much (some parts had literally zero views). Be better than Wattpad! (Please?)

Speaking of edits, I once worked as an editor back in University (for a faculty publication), so (assuming I keep up) we should have no grammar issues, knock wood. Four parts are already out. It's updating as "Part 1a/1b" "Part 2a/2b" because I originally wrote chapters of 3,000+ words, then decided that was a bit long, and cut them in half. Better bite sized pieces! Runs twice as long! Part 3 starts tomorrow.

There's no major violence, or swearing, or any other flags... though there IS some psychological abuse to teenagers later on down the road. And yes, the protagonist (anti-hero?) is a bit abrasive to start out. She has temporal issues, being tied to a destiny and all. All I can suggest is stick with it; there are point-of-view shifts, so it's not all from her perspective, and in fact it becomes an ensemble cast by about Part 16 (of 96). Or, y'know, if you can't deal, feel free to offer suggestions for how to make it better before you leave.

Thanks for reading at least this much! The story is here: http://royalroadl.com/fiction/10662

The dreaded blurb: A war in the future is spilling into our present. Enter Carrie Waterson, a teenage girl who ends up with a time machine. In using it, she learns that she is tied to a future destiny. What does that mean for her now? Who in her high school can be trusted to help out, given how some of her friends have their own agendas and mystic connections? Most importantly, how might Carrie fight against the future, when the future is herself?