Fire in the Blood

This story is set in a medieval realm and is a high fantasy novel. The story is about a man who is struck by tragedy and instead of dealing with the grief, he seeks vengeance as a way of consoling his loss. He embarks on a journey upon which he meets interesting people who help him in his attempts to track down the true wrongdoer, not who he was lead to believe that wronged him. It's not just moral of the story or the main character that has made me want to write this, but the fun concepts I have for the surrounding world in which his journey takes place.

I've uploaded the first five chapters as I there is enough there to hopefully hook you guys in. I'll be adding chapters fairly frequently, minimum one per week. This is a first draft, my ability to write legibly is enough that I don't believe in editing my work majorly. I'm just trying to get the story written down, so I can polish it later.

I'm very keen to get your comments and hear your thoughts, I'm new to writing and would love to learn.

https://royalroadl.com/fiction/10852

Thank you for your view :D

RE: Fire in the Blood

'Arkonos' pid='822857' dateline='1490788006' Wrote: has anybody else gotten a 0 star rating without any comments or indication as to why?

I ignore those bulls***ers and it'd do you much good if you do too. It doesn't reflect ur true rating if everyone else say 5* or 4*. And if they truly think ur story is that bad, they'd actually say why. It's more likely they don't like the genre or a tag... which means they shouldn't have clicked on the story in the first place, don't you think?

Regardless it's quite frustrating when your overall rating drops because people don't like your tags or genre. There's a reason we tag things people!

I have added this to my 'read later' will definitely check it out!
Go read this:
Agnes of Raegma

'rubylady143' pid='823287' dateline='1491966855' Wrote:
'Arkonos' pid='822857' dateline='1490788006' Wrote: has anybody else gotten a 0 star rating without any comments or indication as to why?

I ignore those bulls***ers and it'd do you much good if you do too. It doesn't reflect ur true rating if everyone else say 5* or 4*. And if they truly think ur story is that bad, they'd actually say why. It's more likely they don't like the genre or a tag... which means they shouldn't have clicked on the story in the first place, don't you think?

Regardless it's quite frustrating when your overall rating drops because people don't like your tags or genre. There's a reason we tag things people!

I have added this to my 'read later' will definitely check it out!

Thank you, I've let it go I just find it frustrating. I'd rather find out that I can't write than nothing at all.

If you have any feedback please let me know :D

'SeaGangster' pid='822867' dateline='1490816483' Wrote: Apparently getting a half star rating for no reason is almost like a rite of passage around here.

Agreed xD
Trust me, even the best authors receive random bad rating. Like rubylady143 said, if someone really didn't like your story, they would have explained why. But don't worry about it. The more readers you'll have, the less you will care about the ratings. 
When I first started writing my story, I occasionaly got random 0.5 stars without any reviews. Since I didn't have a lot of ratings back then and it dropped my overall rating, I kept wondering myself "Why? What did I do wrong? What's the matter?" Now it's been a couple of months since I started to write my story. So eventually, I stopped caring about the commentless downvotes. You should only read the reviews, this is where you'll get the constructive critiscism.

Now, returning to the main topic. Are you planning to continue your story (since it's been a while you haven't updated) ? I wouldn't want to start reading it you it's dropped, that would be frustrating :p
https://image.ibb.co/b9GDV8/8.jpg
Banner by Shimitsu

[ The Administrator ] : Just another reincarnation story with an OP MC.