RE: Chase Scene

I'm sure you know this, but I think suspense, tension, and feelings of panic are gonna be your key sellers.

I'm not sure if you've ever played fugitive, but it is like an intense game of hide and seek with a lot of running and hiding. When I played, me and my friends would run from hiding place to hiding place. Every little noise would send adrenaline coursing through your veins. It was like walking the edge of a knife. Not knowing what is going on other places is also a big thing that adds to the paranoia.

For example, there were cops cruising around looking for us. Because we were hiding and cut off from information sources, that made us all the more freaked out. Turns out they just wanted to tell us off for running through people's yards in the middle of the night, but there was no way for us to know.

Anyway, I hope that helps! Good luck.

Chase scenes are a lot like fight scenes - well, they're both action scenes, so they should be. Take a look at that thread on this forum.

Some things you should think about are pacing (fast, slow or alternating), details or lack thereof (which closely relates to the previous point), and emotion. Character fear and tension easily spread to the audience.
My (Science) Fiction - Desolate Stars.
And historical - Out of the Motherland.
Go to a new fiction. Review it. Help the little guys.

I don't know about other readers, but I personally see this as being an action scene. And in an action scene, the reader wants to see the protagonist kick ass. He doesn't have to win everything, but make sure he has something good to come out of the scene. Because it doesn't matter how good the action was, if the hero walks away with nothing, the reader feels depressed.