Does this need to be more balanced?

Bare with me there is a lot of info to read and I do ask you read at least most of it as some obvious questions or fixes are answered. Also, this might be a bit jumbled since I haven't finalized the skills yet because of the problem.

So I'm currently in the outline phase of the first arc of my story (chapter 1 ~ 60 or so) and I've realized I might have a problem, my MC's skill set might be a bit to OP for the early parts.

So his two skills are:

Shackle Soul - enslave the souls of the deceased, by doing so you have a chance to steal a portion of the stats or skills target soul have while alive. You will gain .01 to all stats for every soul.

Create Apparition - Create a loyal Apparition type monster to serve you by merging the souls that you have enslaved. The strength of created Apparition varies depending on how many souls are used.

Souls spending to get Apparitions:

2 souls = Wisp - no damaging abilities, slow, best used as a decoy or distraction (only used very early in the story and much later for one epic moment)

10 souls = Ghost - no damaging abilities, can turn invisible, basically a scout

50 souls = vengeful spirit - no damaging abilities, can possess object (flying weapons and stuff!!!), somewhat intelligent (can move on their own without command = auto attack)

250 souls = Phantom - no damaging abilities, can possess corpses (temporarily), gives boost to possess thing (varies depending on object), near human level intelligence

1250 souls = Revenant - can physically attack someone, has a paralyzing/damaging scream skill, can possess corpse (permanent), living beings (temporarily and level of possess varies by how power and/or intelligent target is) and high ranking items (others can not possess items above Rare rank), Human level intelligence (can't speak, but can communicate directly with creator), greatly improves possessed objects (very limited effect on living beings).

5000 souls = Unique Apparitions - has own skill set, usually very OP (only making 3 in the whole series because how broken they can be), capable of speech, can level and grown on their own

So at first, I thought of a few unspoken rules for Shackle Soul:
1. the amount of stats he gains depends on how many souls of the same monster type has enslaved, so no endless grinding.
2. if the level difference is too great (he is much stronger than the target, I'm thinking like 20 levels) he will receive no bonus.
3. The amount of skills he can store / hold is 3, but will increase with each mastery level (Beginner = 3, Apprentice = 4, Adept = 5, Master = 6, Grandmaster = 7)
4. Can't learn skills through skill books and the shop, basically he can learn them naturally like practicing blacksmithing for a month earns him the skill or by getting them from the souls he has enslaved

Also, I don't think that the whole + .01 stat bonus is that bad since, in the beginning, a number of souls the MC uses really doesn't let the bonus grow too much. I really added that part for later when he no longer gets too many bonus points from enslaving souls and he needs a way to keep his stat saturation up, cause, to be honest, he is really the underdog for almost if not all major villain fights. the major villains or antagonists of the story usually have the same type of Broken class as the MC (not the same class, but the same level of brokenness) and while the MC's class has the most growth potential, they are downright OP.

an example is first major villain's class focuses on speed and reaction time and whatnot. you think that is dumb? try fighting someone that you can't hit and can hit you 10 times before you realize he even moved and he doesn't trade power for speed. They only reason the MC can beat him is through tactics, cunning, the villians arrogance, and a well-timed destraction.

at this point it seems like it looks fair, however, the problem I am having is that at the start he might be to OP. for most people except a few Classes have to be bought. Classes can make or break a fight, they give several bonuses like extra stat points, skills that only that class can learn and special equipment. So, in the beginning, he has a huge advantage for like most of the first arc. later it balances out with there being some enemies that are obviously strong, though most people and monster are never a challenge for him.

In conclusion, is it ok that he might be a little broken early on until he gets his ass beat by the Big bads? I don't want the story to be an Op harem wet dream fantasy, but a dark tragic story with a splash of comedy (both dark and not), good romance (still be harem, but small and detailed), and epic battle to save(?) the world and I don't want the MC to break that.

RE: Does this need to be more balanced?

I don't understand what you want us to do here? It's your story. If you think your MC is too OP then change it, if you think his powers is a cheat? too complex? not interesting enough? then change it. 

I admit it is kinda hard to do since you said you already have like 60 chapters. Even if you write with only 500 words per chapter, that is still a huge amount of drafts already. 

OP villains also isn't a direct problem. No one said that your MC power should be directly proportional to his enemies. Hell, it is perfectly acceptable for your MC to win a battle by sheer dumb luck. Say he is eating a banana before the battle and threw his banana wrap on the floor at the exactly time and place the villain used his super speed, only to slip and break his neck.

The point is it is your story and therefore it is your decision. If you don't want an uber OP mc that breezes through life, then make him struggle. 

Good luck in your work.
Check my fictions
"Invincible"
"Gamer of the Dead"
And the newest  "Slam No Basuke"

Okay, a few things. You've established a 'soul' system for your fiction. That's cool. What happens to souls that aren't captured? Do they just enter a reincarnation cycle? If they do is the cycle contained to this world only or does it cross universes? Are soul-related powers rare and, if so, what will the average person think of your character when they find out that you enslave and abuse the souls of the deceased?

If you took my granddaddy's soul you can bet we're gonna tussle.

Silly question aside, any power can work in a dramatic story so long as you frame the situations well. Your main character may be a 'special snowflake' in terms of power, but don't forget you can create villains who are also 'special snowflakes'.

Power is relative. You can only judge if your character is too strong based upon the strength of the antagonists he'll face.

And also, as a final note, never forget that the character is more important than the power set. Give your character a personality, a backstory, and a life. Make them more than a floating head or ken doll. Make them real.

:) Have a wonderful day~
"You say that dreams have no power here? Tell me Lucifer, what power would Hell have if those here imprisoned were not able to dream of Heaven?" -Morpheus

You could make your MC hesitant to use his powers, based on the morality of it. For the half of the arc where he is too OP, if he is also struggling with morals and such, it may make it more interesting. Or it could make him weaker because he is less inclined to enslave souls. Just a thought.

The skill system looks pretty sweet. I look forward to reading it when you have it ready!