RE: When best to "drop" a new chapter?

Personally, I decided to go with a Saturday release (Friday in America), but it's just based on my own gut feeling;

Often, time is the most valuable resource - If I can put out a chapter on the weekend, then more people will have time to read it and more people will see the 'recent upload' on the front page.

That's my theory, anyways.

Beyond that, I have nothing to support my thoughts except my own experiences working full time :P

I think it depends on your target audience.

Is it students?
Then try posting around the time students would usually get home from school.

Maybe it's a more mature audience?
Then try posting around the time they might get off work or something.

Personally I'm getting technical and making a record of the amount of views, my target audience is highschool to uni and college students, so I'll see how that turns out and inform you.
~~~~  Shameless plugin time!!  ~~~~
Check out my first story, Wanderer of The Five Kingdoms! 34 chapters and on-going!

I personally like the idea of pre-writing your whole book then releasing a chapter every day. That way you can have a high quality series, and the benefit of daily releases. If you didn't know, authors who spam chapters get a free ride to the top of the charts. A lot of people like really active authors. However, they tend to be absolutely horrible quality. Which is why I recommended pre-writing the book.