Help me fellow Daoists! I need ideas for interesting Xianxian novel situations

I need unique situations/dificulties that a cultivator in a xianxian novel would undergo. Some examples of this are: when the main character joins a sect specifically to learn a technique and in the process reveals their prowess and ends up with many enemies, when the main character travels to a place that nets them an amazing herb or technique, etc. I am hoping for situations/difficulties that are not too cliche or overused. 
Keep in mind that my main character is a female serpent divine beast that is very young (10 years old, eventually immortal, fully matures after around 1000 years with no cultivation whatsoever). Also keep in mind that her only companion is a young merboy (beast-man type) and that my novel is set in the gigantic Silversea, underwater, with my only plans being to possibly move the plot to an island chain in the near future.
Please do not give suggestions that involve smut (R-18) and though romance is acceptable, I will not follow suggestions leading to a harem at this time. Feel free to give suggestions involving violence, swearing, gore, or other traumatic content.
"We become aware of the void as we fill it"- Antonio Porchia

My Work(s)- Can Also be Found On Wordpress
[/url]
[url=https://thevoid121.wordpress.com/]The Void's fictions

RE: Help me fellow Daoists! I need ideas for interesting Xianxian novel situations

Here are a few ideas I came up with.

1. Finds rare extremely poisonous herb that makes her both extremely poisonous and capable of curing most poisons. Gets chased for her alchemical value as a result.

2. Finds remains of a dragon and uses them to steal some of its power. Fights others for the remains in the process.

3. Joins a sect disguised as the merboy's dao beast. Gets in trouble with local powerhouses in the sect whist taking advantages of their resources.

4. Finds old master willing to teach her before he/she dies, but the old master has enemies that will hunt them for associating with him/her.

5. Finds morally questionable technique Necromancy, Disease, Soul Eating, or some other ability that causes her to be hunted.

Hope these will help.

RE: Help me fellow Daoists! I need ideas for interesting Xianxian novel situations

'ActionJHW' pid='823312' dateline='1492050732' Wrote: Here are a few ideas I came up with.

1. Finds rare extremely poisonous herb that makes her both extremely poisonous and capable of curing most poisons. Gets chased for her alchemical value as a result.

2. Finds remains of a dragon and uses them to steal some of its power. Fights others for the remains in the process.

3. Joins a sect disguised as the merboy's dao beast. Gets in trouble with local powerhouses in the sect whist taking advantages of their resources.

4. Finds old master willing to teach her before he/she dies, but the old master has enemies that will hunt them for associating with him/her.

5. Finds morally questionable technique Necromancy, Disease, Soul Eating, or some other ability that causes her to be hunted.

Hope these will help.

This does help! Thank you fellow daoist, for taking pity on this young master.

[/url]

'David Penchyk' pid='823334' dateline='1492119834' Wrote: A common underwater trope is water getting polluted or corrupted. Sounds to me like something only someone who can manipulate "earth and sky qi" could resolve.

Thank you for your suggestion, fellow daoist!

[/url]

I was getting sick and tired of the cultivation aspect itself being mostly glossed over. I want to read about how it works on a physical scale, not bullshit like: 'an ancient and archaic aura' or stuff like: 'their power difference was like the heavens and the earth'.
I want to see what was going on in these novels, not just being told that someone is amazingly impressively powerful. (Thats why I started my own novel recently, sorry for the semi relevant plug)
I love that you're setting it underwater, the ability to fly will be irrelevant. Make sure to use the 3d aspect of a swimming society!

How would spiritual formation work underwater? (cant really paint easily underwater) Is the sea salty? Is electricity like lightning more effective or does it get dispersed immediately?

Smell propagates differently through water, following the currents. Sharks can smell blood for miles, right? Again the 3 dimensional aspect is relevant here.

What kind of crafting is there under the sea? Only bones and rope and stuff? How do they melt metals underwater?

Do they farm? Plants cant photosynthesise below 200 meters on earth because the sunlight gets too weak. Heavenly energy might compensate for this? What do they eat?
You should check out my story, click here for The Dao of Magic.

'alkaliho' pid='823566' dateline='1492890447' Wrote: I was getting sick and tired of the cultivation aspect itself being mostly glossed over. I want to read about how it works on a physical scale, not bullshit like: 'an ancient and archaic aura' or stuff like: 'their power difference was like the heavens and the earth'.
I want to see what was going on in these novels, not just being told that someone is amazingly impressively powerful. (Thats why I started my own novel recently, sorry for the semi relevant plug)

I love that you're setting it underwater, the ability to fly will be irrelevant. Make sure to use the 3d aspect of a swimming society!

How would spiritual formation work underwater? (cant really paint easily underwater) Is the sea salty? Is electricity like lightning more effective or does it get dispersed immediately?

Smell propagates differently through water, following the currents. Sharks can smell blood for miles, right? Again the 3 dimensional aspect is relevant here.

What kind of crafting is there under the sea? Only bones and rope and stuff? How do they melt metals underwater?

Do they farm? Plants cant photosynthesise below 200 meters on earth because the sunlight gets too weak. Heavenly energy might compensate for this? What do they eat?

Truly helpful insights, fellow Daoist. I will be sure to consider your suggestions very carefully. I will have to 'drop-by' and read your work of fiction. 
Feel free to join these chats and discuss the dao further! GravityTales    Wuxiaworld

[/url]