Two necromancer recommendations - anyone have other recommendations for this genre?

Hey guys, these two Necromancer stories from WuxiaWorld is really great:

http://www.wuxiaworld.com/ssn-index/

http://www.wuxiaworld.com/emperorofsoloplay-index/

The first focuses on a powerful MC who returns to Earth after facing and overcoming another world. he learns that the powers he fought against on the other planet have started coming to earth as well, and so he picks up his mantle to once again fight (he starts weakened because of the transfer to Earth). The MC is strong-willed and cold-hearted from his experiences in the other world, and you can see his pain and the things that torment him throughout the story. You feel a real connection to the MC. They really did his character well, and he's 'overpowered' but not in a bad way (and the author does an amazing job of giving rational reasoning for it). My only complaint is that the story around the MC is developing too fast, and so the story is unintentionally losing focus of the other characters around the MC. I'm hoping the author is working to fix this in the later chapters, and it seems he might be.

The second story focuses on an MC who is crap at everything except the game Warlord, where he is insanely good. After rising up as an underdog guild, he is betrayed by his guild members to the Top 30 guilds who he refused to join. He refuses to back down because of his pride, and fights until he can fight no longer against the overwhelming numbers that rise against him. Despairing at the sad state his life has become, cursing his guild members who gained fame and fortune by betraying him, he receives a second chance when he finds time is reversed to just before he first started playing the game (I know, I didn't like this development but the story ended up too good for me to drop it for only this). He decides this time he will go alone, having lost trust in people he could call 'comrades'. He'll become a Necromancer, and make a path in the game no-one else has. He'll be a one-man army.

Anyway, do you guys have any other Necromancer recommendations? I want good ones that aren't on long hiatus's. Hopefully ones without the generic tropes like massive harem, unintelligent/thick-headed mc (you'd be surprised how many necromancer stories still have these), and especially stories where the MC gains everything through chance rather then their own effort. That is frustrating to read, it cheapens the whole story.

Bonus if the story features intelligeble and actually practical people other then the MC. I'm sick of the 'you looked at me wrong so let's fight to the death' stories.

EDIT: I've realised the first story will be completed after the translation of 70 more chapters, which really disappoints me. The story is developed in a way that it should last far longer, so I can only imagine disappointment by the time I finish it. Still, it's a great story and I recommend it. Just don't get too attached to the characters around the MC. They're fun, but they're ultimately their as support characters rather then main ones.

RE: Two necromancer recommendations - anyone have other recommendations for this genre?

I think the story Necromancer by, if i remember right Halosty is what you are looking for. It's one of the first fictions on this site (number 25 ;) ), finished with 100 chapters. http://royalroadl.com/fiction/25
The MC is a highly intelligent rich kid but also socially awkward. He stalks a girl he really likes and finds out by reading her diary, that se wants to start plaing a popular vr-game, so he starts too. His main job is assassin but his class is necromancer. The main focus isn't to be the best in the game or being the best necromancer, but you should still try it :)

RE: Two necromancer recommendations - anyone have other recommendations for this genre?

Overlord - http://www.novelupdates.com/series/overlord/

The leader of a VRMMORPG guild that only accepts monster races gets transported to the game world, along with his guild house and all NPCs. In this world level 30 people are legendary heroes. The MC an his most powerful NPCs are level 100.

The story is NOT about an OP MC doing whatever he wants, but about how he and his NPCs (who he treat as his children, not love interests) change the world they arrived in. The MC himself is an elder lich that can raise undead armies by himself and use insta death spells.

If you are interested, PM me and I'll send you the link to a zip file with all the PDFs (11 volumes so far)

I guess if you are willing to not just look at web novels a few good books that contain a necromancer as a main character are:

Trail of the Necromancer by Lucas Thorn
Necromancer Awakening by Nat Russo.

I really enjoyed both of these novels because it wasn't so much a power driven character who feels betrayed by everyone, but instead focus more on character development.

'Dusks_Lantern' pid='824711' dateline='1496282008' Wrote: I guess if you are willing to not just look at web novels a few good books that contain a necromancer as a main character are:

I really enjoyed both of these novels because it wasn't so much a power driven character who feels betrayed by everyone, but instead focus more on character development.

Not the OP, but Trails of the Necromancer looks interesting. Do I need to have read the Nysta series to understand it? The description on the book says they are characters from that series

'Highter' pid='824724' dateline='1496312752' Wrote:
'Dusks_Lantern' pid='824711' dateline='1496282008' Wrote: I guess if you are willing to not just look at web novels a few good books that contain a necromancer as a main character are:

Not the OP, but Trails of the Necromancer looks interesting. Do I need to have read the Nysta series to understand it? The description on the book says they are characters from that series

Nope.  I went in blind and I was able to follow it, it's more of a spin off of characters from the Nysta Series, which I haven't read yet.

'Dusks_Lantern' pid='824790' dateline='1496525336' Wrote:
'Highter' pid='824724' dateline='1496312752' Wrote:

Nope.  I went in blind and I was able to follow it, it's more of a spin off of characters from the Nysta Series, which I haven't read yet.

Alright, I'll give it a try