Easiest Mistakes To Avoid

Most of the new stories being released on RRL probably will never even get read by most of the people browsing the fiction list.  They may not even go as far as to read the synopsis because of some ridiculously easy to avoid mistake.  

All of these mistakes will pretty much guarantee that you never make it onto the best rated list.  The reality is that list is getting more difficult to enter every year.  They all have their own flaws, but RRL authors are getting better fast.  The quality of fictions being released now has never been higher.  I'm actually shocked at some of the small details authors have picked up over the years.  

1) Spelling mistakes in your fiction title or synopsis.  
Just run those two things through a proofreader...  There are any number of free proof readers online.  It takes ten seconds.  If you can't even do that much, you deserve every negative review you are certain to get.  
I don't care if you have bad grammar.  To a certain extent, most readers ignore that.  We understand most people suck at the language, but spell checkers are so bloody easy to use.  There's no excuse with spelling mistakes.  

2) Don't use descriptive language in your fiction title.
Just name your fiction something vague.  Look at the best rated list, there is not a single fiction on there with a descriptive title. 
Imagine if Arcane Emperor was instead named "Guy Gets Arcane Magic That Let's Him Learn All Magic And The Sleep Learning Skill" It wouldn't even be on the best rated list if it was named that....

3) Don't use the word "cheat" in your fiction title or synopsis.  
It's a flag that your fiction is dependent on a cliche and that you lack imagination.  Yes we all like OP characters, but we want a fiction that doesn't scream cliche.  We pretty much expect that every fiction on the site has a cheat character, all you did was tell them, "I lack imagination"

4) Don't describe your cheat skills in the title or the synopsis.  
Same reason as the last one.  We have no doubt that your fiction has a cheat character of some kind.  What we doubt is that your fiction has a plot and/or interesting characters.  

5) Don't tell me you have bad English anywhere in your fiction.  
If your English sucks, I will figure it out almost immediately after I start reading...  All you are doing is souring my interest in giving your fiction a try.

RE: Easiest Mistakes To Avoid

'DarkD' pid='823221' dateline='1491688492' Wrote: 5) Don't tell me you have bad English anywhere in your fiction.  
If your English sucks, I will figure it out almost immediately after I start reading...  All you are doing is souring my interest in giving your fiction a try.

So much this.
As someone who tries his best to have decent English in his work, I loathe seeing people stating in their synopses that:
a) their work is just for fun
b) the fiction is their first work
c) their English is bad, according to themselves

It just makes me that much less interested in reading it, since it's obvious that their stance is leaning towards "I'm gonna try, but only barely, and if someone points out mistakes, I'll just shrug it off"

For 2, yea you could say ellaborate detail.  I just don't want to see something that does more than hint at what the story will be about. 

3 I just don't want to see that word used.  They can be cheat OP characters, but don't use the word cheat/OP.  They just turn me off the moment I read those words.  A lot of people I'm sure don't have that problem yet, probably because they're young or haven't read enough RRL fictions, but it starts to ware on you. 

4, for example, Arcane Emperor used to have his "sleep learning" skill in the description and it turned me off of reading it for a long time.  A lot of these abilities need to be built up to before they can be accepted by a reader.  Nothing is worse than a protagonist who is enslaving gods by chapter 2.

Hey thanks DarkD and the other commenter in this chat.DarkD's quick guide and you more detailed discussion have really helped me considering im starting my first novel right now. Prologues waiting to be accepted right now. Just wanted to express my thanks
The name is Great isn't it?
WRONG! Its the Worst Name Ever ain't it Razz

Anyways. no books atm. currently going to rehab to get rid of my chronical illness known as Procrastinitus.