All of my tips in writing [Starting to write? quickly read this]

Hello everyone! I'm just going to give you all of my tricks and tips about writing, since i felt like doing it while answering a comrade.

I planned this meeting already.Keep yourself 2~4 chapters ahead of the reader. This way when something happens in your Rl, you don't have to worry about making a chapter or when you just don't have the "oomph" to make another chapter.

How to make a cup of water without water. Make a resume of your story. By making a basic resume of your story, not only helps you remember the story plot after a hiatus for example, but it helps you fill those gaps between those important plots. Like for example:
"Character number 2 seeks to avenge/betrays/seeks inspiration/ and so on/ character number 1"
By reading this you will question yourself "Why does Character number 2 do that?" and fill up with a plot that you imagine, because the line is already drawn, but how did the line was drawn?

I don't make mistakes, i make investments. Do at least 2 proof readings. I know, you see people talking about this all the time "Proof read because of this, proof read because of that" and so on, but if you follow my first tip, not only you will have time to proof read one or more times the chapter, but you have time to do what i call "chapter after thought" were you can think of what happened on that chapter and improve it when you think of something.

Take the red pill or the blue pill? You don't want to name your characters/objects/plot device something similar to a famous story? Make up a name and have a plot were the reason why the names are strange in the story. In my story, names like "Jamera" was given to character and the plot about why is really simple but understandable. This way, not only you have a better chance to evade having names similar to another story, you will add a nice detail to your story that keeps the reader in.

Nobody comes when i call out the sheep in a wolf's clothes. Now, i know this is sudden, but repeat after me. "The Reader is not a sheep, i do not have to say the character's name every 5 lines of dialogue, i just need to have a small tag in the end, only if 3 or more characters are talking non-stop" While i think this is an opinion on this, nobody likes to read this:
"John can i have a nice cup of coffee?
Of course Matt
Thank you John
Don't worry Matt, i got you covered!
Of course John"
Keep it simple please, the reader knows that if a character throws a question at another character, the answer is that character that got the question. And if you want the reader to know that the characters make different expressions or tones before they answer like me, you do this:
"Matt turns around to face John and with a calm tone he questions him.
-John, can i have a nice cup of coffee?
John looks at Matt with a happy expression while answering him.
-Of course."
It's more work? What the actual fuck do you expect? You need to put work into this if you are serious with it. Laziness won't get you anywhere and readers.

I pass. You can't pass the question John, it's your math homework. Do not, i repeat, Do not answer questions that you cannot answer without spoiling the reader. When something happens in the chapter, and a reader questions about it, please think before you click that "Post" button. Not everyone likes Spoilers, especially if they are clues to the main plot line. People in my story questioned me about things and i was a fool to answer them while almost spoiling them. I just simply didn't think that new readers would see my comment in the dashboard and get spoiled by it.

Gun not make loud sound, me not happy. Sound effects depend on your taste. Like Ocious asked in his thread, Are sound effects good for my novel? And that answer will always and is always your taste, but if you really want an opinion from someone that used to have sound effects without liking them too much, then it depends on the type of novel, for serious novels are not recommended as the sound effects IN MY OPINION gives a silly air when reading the rest of the chapter. Like for example:
"John begins to walk down the corridor.
BAM!
Until a door behind him slams shut!"
If you just remove the sound effect, and adapt the phrase, you will keep the tension in the air.
"When John begins to walk down the corridor, he's interrupted by the sudden slam of a door behind him."
Now, see why this is a case of opinion? While i think the second is the best, maybe for someone else it was good the first one. That's why YOU have to decide to either throw it or leave it.

I move like a snail, but i work like a tree. Plot line is really long and i want it to move faster. Still, like in Ocious asked in his thread, if the plot of the story is too long and you want it to move faster, you either have two options: One is to have patience, the readers don't know what will happen in the future, so maybe you have a certain way to add more effect to that plot line until it get to the good part. And the Other is to see if the comments are complaining about the plot moving really slowly, if they are, GET YOUR ASS MOVING BOY! STOP DESCRIBING THAT GIRL'S SHIRT, WE DON'T CARE IF THE FRILL IS MOVING ALONG WITH THE CHARACTER! WE KNOW THAT ALREADY! NOW! I WANT THAT PLOT DEVELOPMENT MOVING BY THE NEXT RELEASE OR YOUR ASS WILL BE MOVING ALONG THE WIND MADE BY THE AMOUNT OF FOLLOWERS LEAVING YOUR NOVEL!
*Caham* sorry, i like to put some humor while writing this. What i mean is that if the plot is moving really slowly, you have to skip small details that don't matter, if you have a quota like me of 3k words minimal, nobody will force you to actually fill that quota, so you don't need to fill the quota with, what we Brazilians call "filling it with salami", details. If the detail is really important then you write it, but the details about a girl's dress is not that important.

Cliches Happen. We are in 2017, if you look up manga's, novels, animes, story books, and so on that have the same cliche joke line like "MC enters the bathroom when his/her love interest is about to put on/take off her/his clothes" you will have a grand massive headache by the end of it. But please! PLEASE, I BEG OF YOU! do not be encouraged by them! Cliches are a bit boring, but overused cliches are toxic. These things happen! If, per example,a character likes another character they will someday have a small cliche happen between them, like "not noticing the people around them" or "they like each other so much that they can't pay attention to their surroundings"

People have opinions, that's what makes them people. People that give constructive critics to you are not there to make you feel down! They are giving you their opinion that maybe a group of your readers think that too! Use them to improve yourself! They are the haters that you have to listen to, but please ignore the "This story sucks because i don't like this!". This happened with my novel when i posted in here, and it still hits me hard when i visit my dash board. Now, i don't know if they are trolls or didn't like something in my novel and didn't want to express themselves. But my novel has 0.0 to 0.5 ratings in it, while i do see some of them in the comments and understand them now, some of them just do that for the LOL's or whatever. But please! Do not be discouraged, as much as there is trolls, there are people that like your novel. Just don't stop writing that story you have with you.

Don't keep yourself in a high place. Your novel has its mistakes and flaws, just because someone gave you a 5 star rating and said that they love your story, doesn't mean that you have to be a dick to the constructive critics and trolls. Because like the saying goes, The higher you are, The greater the fall is. When that constructive critic hits you in the chest and you can't just say "fuck off" or delete it, you will be discouraged, like i was when someone gave me a really constructive critic.

If a ladder is too high for you, don't look up, but don't look down too. If you think you have a good novel and then look at the other novels that are higher in the list, maybe you get discouraged or enraged by how the plot is basically a lesser version than yours. Now, Stop right the fuck there my friend, you don't need to do that, if you get encouraged by watching how one of the novels are higher in the list then go for it, but if you think the way i said you do, you have to rethink your story twice. People have opinions and have yours! if you think your novel is better or worse than someone's, that's your opinion talking! While i do think you should better seek to learn from the novels you think that are better than yours, I'm not going to tell you to learn from reading the worse than yours. Why? BECAUSE THAT'S MY OPINION! And don't even think about giving unthought hate to another novel writer, not only you probably will be ignored, you will most likely discourage that writer. Think of why you don't like something on that novel, and construct a critic, it doesn't have to be nice just because it's a critic.

Keep your followers close and more will come. It doesn't fucking matter if you have only 23 followers per example, it's 23 people that like to read it, and if you continue to release chapters, most likely, more will come to join. But please keep watch of the comments, if a mistake is talked about in the comments, then try to fix it, not delete it, because nobody likes a censoring writer.

YOU JUST HAD TO FOLLOW THE DAMN RULES CJ! Read the rules please, your story will probably be banned if the story has sexual content and it's not tagged. Even if it's just a small hint of it. that counts to swearing too. As much as you think that only +14 old people visit this website, it's most likely wrong, because everyone that learns to, can begin to like to read, and eventually they will find this place and read your novel. So think about the 12 year old call of duty fans kids that come here to relax a bit. They won't like it when a character goes to an alley and "gives some advices"

What is a god compared to a king? Now, let me quote part of a critic a comrade gave me in my novel, not to bash on him, but to actually use a part of it as encouragement while answering it.
Quote: {@Tanaka Tomoyuki That's some confidence you have there. Uh, no, plot holes are unavoidable in any story. The trick is how to mitigate them or cover them up. The very nature of fiction itself is that there is bound to be a few slips here and there, or inconsistencies. Sure, you can try to explain everything, but you're not God, and quite frankly, as long as it's not a major glaring plot hole, the readers are usually able to suspend their disbelief and enjoy your story for what it is.}

While he's right about the plot holes, in my opinion, i think that a writer is it's creation's "god". Because not only they can change the way the story goes, they can create something to make the story continue.
So basically, what I'm saying is, You, the writer, is your novel's god. Because you create it, and only you know the end of that story and how it goes until that said end.

Info dumps are practically a reader's toxic waste. While still on the topic of plot holes, i like to give you a tip on how to almost cover all of them. Do not use convenient situations to explain what is happening to the characters, slowly and surely, give the reader the explanation, because this:

"*Mc going super*
convenient plot explanation made by a character or by the writer: The Mc is going super by the power of these stones that we conveniently gathered. They contain the energy of the [Insert powerful image/ character/ object here]. and because the MC is near them, he can gather that power from these stones that he had while [Insert permanent companion here] was near him on the entirety of this adventure!"

Is a bad, really bad way of explaining what is happening to the reader. Majority of them will probably dislike it and immediately drop it. The way to do this is to have small parts of the explanation happen earlier or later in the story. The quantity depends on how long until that happens, but do not give all of it in the first chance you have.

Don't drop that silver platter. Think of the story as a plate that the reader ordered and you are the waiter. While explanations can be given in a silver spoon (Almost) most of the time, giving the entirety of the silver platter is an exaggeration. So, surely but steady, let the reader eat the plate in his pace. but please, don't hold the platter with the plate higher than the reader can reach and in the end, not give the plate at all. This is called a tease, you can do it at least two times in a story of 200 chapters, while it gets a reader hyped up when they are about to reach said point, if you just write off as something that happens casually, they will get disappointed, because not only is the plate requires too much of an effort to reach it, it's already cold. Just do your best to make up for that tease just as high as you hold it to be.

*MC goes super in the second chapter* Reader:*Looks at the title* Title: MC goes super in chapter 2. Reader: I don't know what i expected. Keep your titles subtle, your title can have a characteristic the MC has or a clue about something that happens like per example: "Lost with myself" where the character is confused with his own decisions that he was forced to. but don't actually say the plot line in the damn title, nobody fucking likes it, it's a gimmick that only comedy novels and so on can pull, because well, that's the fucking point of the joke. Because you know why this happens, but the enrollment is the entertainment.

Reader: *Reading summary of a story* The Mc is betrayed by his companion in the second chapter. *finishes reading summery* Hm... okay. *leaves novel*. Again, keep it subtle on the summary too, while you can spoil minor things about the Mc (like per example in mine, in the summary, it spoils the reader about the MC being a wolf, but that's about it and it's not really a surprise.), do not give clues about the plot to them. And don't even think of adapting the summary according to the released chapters. You will confuse the new readers with it.

I think i can do a back flip tomorrow. *doesn't do it*, Shiet! As long as i know, IN THIS WEBSITE, there is a feature called "Scheduled release" where you can create drafts with a schedule on the bottom of it, the thing is a bit buggy (at least for me) but it works fine, so use it when you finish a chapter after proof reading it when you think you won't have time/ too tired to post it on the day and hour because you need to go somewhere in that time/without having to stop and edit it.

Will anon do a back flip tomorrow? *Anon doesn't do it* Then when will he do it? Have a schedule, especially if it's a daily release. Most of the readers that use this website don't register because they don't see the benefit, don't care enough, or don't use the website as much for the notifier to work. So having a schedule release date on the summary will keep unregistered readers coming back the day you release the chapter. A big tip from me is to have a (Optional) release date, after giving the heads up to the reader that sometimes on this time of the week you probably won't post it, if you miss posting on that day, they will be expecting it, this creates a really crispy bond between the reader and the writer's schedule. Why crispy? because if you post on the day that is optional to do every time, the user's will most likely won't be happy as they would while knowing about it when you don't.

YOU PLAYED ME LIKE A DAMN FIDDLE! Genres and sub-genres not only help your readers base be constructed because of them, it evades complaints of readers expecting the story about being an adventure story when it's actually a sci-fi + terror one. And every pinch of genre is to be tagged in the sub-genres.

ENGLISH MOTHERDUCKER! DO YOU SPEAK IT?! Communication is something essential when writing a novel, like i repeated myself in this a million times, listen to your readers in the comments with a pinch of salt. And don't be afraid to leave notes talking about something that happened with you, a milestone you hit or something that will happen in the future with you. But be careful around the spoilers okay?

How to make an AMA like Woody Harrelson. I'll just repeat myself because of this joke and to imply seriousness to this. Answer the questions given to you on the comments, but avoid giving spoilers. This counts as communication and with a thought out response can not only help the new users reading the comments with the same question, it will probably automatically answer other questions.

The most feared shark is the Grammar head. Your english is bad or it's not your first language, we get it. But just leave it as a note in the first chapter, Readers will avoid them if you leave it on your summary. More details on this post made by @DarkD :Easiest Mistakes To Avoid.

And i think that's all, these are all of my tips and tricks when writing, i hope that i explained it properly. If you didn't understand something, just comment about it and I'll try to answer it.
"I believe that imagination has a limit and i get motivated when i see someone trying to imagine something new."
"Everyone has a story in their heart, you just have to let it out when you are down."
"Things are tough, but life isn't unfair as your parents or friends tell it is. No one that gives their all go to waste, because every action changes a future."
-TheBlueMoon, inspired by a friend...

RE: All of my tips in writing [Starting to write? quickly read this]

Hey Man. THANKS FOR THIS AMAZING GUIDE.
I only just uploaded my prologue of my story and this guide will make me probably succeed better than i would have without it! Thanks a lot man. Sometime ill check your novel out when i have time. 
Ps: If your interested in my novel its called Death's Disciple and its only one that i have uploaded. not sure if admins have passed yet though.

Eitherway thanks a lot and im definately bookmarking this for when i get stuck on stuff
The name is Great isn't it?
WRONG! Its the Worst Name Ever ain't it Razz

Anyways. no books atm. currently going to rehab to get rid of my chronical illness known as Procrastinitus.