RE: Lost my followers?

'Tanaka Tomoyuki' pid='823889' dateline='1494057252' Wrote: I think it's more like several readers followed your story because they initially thought it was interesting, but after a while they found that it wasn't their type, so they un-followed it.

I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. I guess the only solution is to improve your writing?

Oh thanks for the reply and I will do my best

'SamJellyFish' pid='823887' dateline='1494050869' Wrote: Hey, guys, I've been writing for a while here and I noticed for some reason some followers of my stories just disappeared so what I have to do to regain them again and keep the others? any ideas?

I would suggest doing a review swap with someone. Maybe an extra set of eyes will be able to help you focus on any issues. Unfortunately, readers aren't as vocal as we would like, so it is hard to rely on them to tell you whats up. 

@NotTzx
Like in an algorithm way or...? Personally I rely more on my follower count. It gets depressing looking at around 3,000 views on my first chapter and then only like 500 on the latest one. Lose a couple hundred views on this chapter and then a couple hundred more on that chapter...
It is really easy to let it get to your head, ya know?

The problem is most of them dislike it because the way of it and they don't like the disturbance and plot twists as it seems because in my story the silver sabertooth, it has many disturbance moments like the story hero killed a child just because he annoyed him to help him so he killed him...ok I know this is much of disturbance but that's what I want !! he is different hero from others! but he will change his attitudes soon so many dislike it for that :(

'Faze' pid='823962' dateline='1494228845' Wrote: Things I learn - you can't satisfy everybody.

read the top books, learn from them - read more top stories - learn

that's what I do.

Being unique helps too. There's too much of the isekai, stuck in a vrrmo, low fantasy fictions out here that anything you'll add would just be another drop in the ocean.

Being real good at your writing helps a lot, sure. But the best chance of a new fiction with an average writer to stand out is to have a rather unique taste in your story, plot, or even characters. I managed to get a little short of 500 followers just by putting a magic apocalypse in America. You know, places where they have guns and actually know how to use them.

The uniqueness comes with the actual use of the guns, military tactics, strategy and politics. Sure, magic apocalypse is a common trope here bordering cliche but the fact that I didn't just throw the thing that changed warfare off the side and called it useless gave my fiction that unique spice.

It was also the same fucking reason that I wrote the piece at all because I know some people would like the fact that I even attempted to be different. Shame that life caught up and forced me to just about stop releasing.
They said the world is ending.
They are wrong. Its only changing.
https://i.imgur.com/LqcYAhwt.jpg

'TheManWithLongReach' pid='823965' dateline='1494233927' Wrote:
'Faze' pid='823962' dateline='1494228845' Wrote: Things I learn - you can't satisfy everybody.

read the top books, learn from them - read more top stories - learn

that's what I do.

Being unique helps too. There's too much of the isekai, stuck in a vrrmo, low fantasy fictions out here that anything you'll add would just be another drop in the ocean.

Being real good at your writing helps a lot, sure. But the best chance of a new fiction with an average writer to stand out is to have a rather unique taste in your story, plot, or even characters. I managed to get a little short of 500 followers just by putting a magic apocalypse in America. You know, places where they have guns and actually know how to use them.

The uniqueness comes with the actual use of the guns, military tactics, strategy and politics. Sure, magic apocalypse is a common trope here bordering cliche but the fact that I didn't just throw the thing that changed warfare off the side and called it useless gave my fiction that unique spice.

It was also the same fucking reason that I wrote the piece at all because I know some people would like the fact that I even attempted to be different. Shame that life caught up and forced me to just about stop releasing.

Well I agree with you ;) unique stories are better ;) and I don't like the classic stories, the stories with simple plot for example man lost his wife and going to revenge her killer or going to save the princess...You know those classic things are not that cool anymore but with unique one it makes you love to know what's going to happen next...
By the way nice idea for a story you got ;) I will give it a try soon ;)

'SamJellyFish' pid='823943' dateline='1494198474' Wrote: The problem is most of them dislike it because the way of it  and they don't like the disturbance and plot twists as it seems because in my story the silver sabertooth, it has many disturbance moments like the story hero killed a child just because he annoyed him to help him so he killed him...ok I know this is much of disturbance but that's what  I want !! he is different hero from others! but he will change his attitudes soon so many dislike it for that :(

I read a book that talked about the different hooks that you could use to pull readers into your story and keep them turning pages until they reached the end. One of the hooks they talked about was putting a child or innocent at risk. Killing an innocent child in your story is some pretty powerful stuff. Think of Rue dying in the Hunger Games. If you have your hero kill a kid just because he's annoyed you've just created a major problem in your story. There are certain things that your readers won't tolerate in an antihero. Think of Vegeta in Dragon Ball Z. Is he an antihero? Sure. But all he does is talk trash and train to beat other people in a fair fight. You don't see him killing kids or beating up his wife. Having your antihero enjoy necrophelia or killing an innocent kid for no other reason other than the fact that they were irritated is a sure fire way to get people to dump your story. People with children will dump your story even faster.
An Urban Fantasy Set In A Unique Universe
Eight God Engine

Re: Lost my followers?

These are encouraging things to hear. It seems like no matter what I do with my latest chapters, I always gain one new follower, then lose three or four. I chalked it up to a few different theories, mainly that I was posting too frequently and the readers were tired of getting email alerts in their inboxes; or that perhaps they thought I was stringing them along without any advancement in the plot. I hope to keep my current followers happy by speeding up the progression of the plot in the next few posts. I will also take the advice of checking out some of the highest rated stories to see how they do it. Perhaps my narrative voice needs to be punched up...

Anyway, I appreciate this discussion! Thank-you to those who posted their input. (As if being a writer didn't already make a person into a basket case, heh heh!)