If you include characters from the Cthulhu Mythos, is it considered as a fanfic?

I posted this thread because I was planning on writing a story that includes the Cthulhu Mythos along with the ancient mythologies . Please answer.
I'm just your regular bandit/writer (or am I?) and a proud member of WriTE. I'm on the run though. 

My story:

(If you like Terror Infinity fanfics and reincarnation stories, please give mine a try!)

RE: If you include characters from the Cthulhu Mythos, is it considered as a fanfic?

Since the mythos and characters in question are ingrained into the culture at this point, mentioning them can be considered original. Adding to the fact is that all of H.P. Lovecraft's writings are in the public domain.
Do note that if you base the story around one specific character from the actual books, we would prefer it have the fanfiction tag. If you have inquiries, feel free to send a support ticket or provide more particular information so we can gauge the issue discretely and with more detail.

RE: If you include characters from the Cthulhu Mythos, is it considered as a fanfic?

It's actually for a new story of mine that includes said Mythos and ancient mythologies. They're just going to be mentioned. But thanks. Good luck with your fics, guys!
I'm just your regular bandit/writer (or am I?) and a proud member of WriTE. I'm on the run though. 

My story:

(If you like Terror Infinity fanfics and reincarnation stories, please give mine a try!)

'Endfall' pid='824714' dateline='1496290355' Wrote: This page on the cthulhu wiki might help you decide whether or not what you're doing exposes you to legal liability.

Thanks!

My story:

Um, it's fine in my country though. They're currently trying to outlaw unlimited rice deals, so I think I'm good XD.

My story: