I need your advice in my story please

Hello, everyone, it's me, Sam...
Well, my issues that since I started writing a story called the Silver Sabertooth (maybe some of you heard about it here) however I got problem, with my readers which are many of them liked at first but they turn it down later when they discover the level of disturbance and plot twists in it!! I guess they didn't like it ok for example my story the hero, Zeral just killed a kid because he told him to go and save his father from monsters but Zeral refused and killed the little kid...
OK, I know most of you will tell me WTF? ok here is my answer I wanted him to be like that I wanted him to be man with no heart no soul a lifeless person because he lost everything but in end you know he will change and back as "the typical heroes" however since I'm not famous so the few reader I got most of them are the people who love classic stories!! those stories with the classic ending I mean come on everyone know the story about a man who his wife got stolen by an evil man and he went to save her !! those classic things even are predictable and you know what's going to happen and still you love that story!! I can't say Zelda or SuperMario stories do sucks can I? even they are classic but amazing and I understand most of you love the classic stories but how to find those who love disturbance and plot twists? the things that keep you be like woow I NEVER EXPECTED THAT WILL HAPPEN!! how to get them?
Ok since this help section, I want some tips and help from other writers who wrote stories with disturbance and tell me how you can deal with your readers? how to get this type of readers? and who else got same issues tell me how he dealt with it please I need your help guys

RE: I need your advice in my story please

I don't know if this will help you, but my advice would to just continue writing. In an early part of my story the MC is told "No matter what situation you are in, do not think that the world will be better off without you. The world need you. The people need you. I need you. If you think like that, then everything we have agreed upon will end.”

Some of my readers got turned off by this because it seemed to be one of those "Go forth and save the world child" cliche and dropped my story, while others continued reading. I know that it's hard after receiving negative feedback to continue writing, but it's better to just let your story unfold. Some readers may leave, and some may stay, but you shouldn't lose motivation. Just continue to write for those who are still reading your story. The more you continue, the more people will drop by to read your story.

Also, instead of thinking of the negative, think more about the positive. You decided for your character to be heartless because (I think) you want to show his character change over the course of his journey. I think it's alright for people to be a bit turned off by your character because he's still in the beginning stages where he's heartless, because this is what you intended to do right?

Anyways, don't lose heart and continue writing. Your story won't be everyone's cup of tea, like mine wasn't, but if you give up now because of discouragement then you will just be giving up on yourself.
Active Fiction right now :) : The Dark Elto Du Yu Lin

'86lenoloc' pid='823948' dateline='1494202612' Wrote: I don't know if this will help you, but my advice would to just continue writing. In an early part of my story the MC is told "No matter what situation you are in, do not think that the world will be better off without you. The world need you. The people need you. I need you. If you think like that, then everything we have agreed upon will end.”  

Some of my readers got turned off by this because it seemed to be one of those "Go forth and save the world child" cliche and dropped my story, while others continued reading. I know that it's hard after receiving negative feedback to continue writing, but it's better to just let your story unfold. Some readers may leave, and some may stay, but you shouldn't lose motivation. Just continue to write for those who are still reading your story. The more you continue, the more people will drop by to read your story.

Also, instead of thinking of the negative, think more about the positive. You decided for your character to be heartless because (I think) you want to show his character change over the course of his journey. I think it's alright for people to be a bit turned off by your character because he's still in the beginning stages where he's heartless, because this is what you intended to do right?

Anyways, don't lose heart and continue writing. Your story won't be everyone's cup of tea, like mine wasn't, but if you give up now because of discouragement then you will just be giving up on yourself.

Well of course I will keep writing and he is not heartless or cold blooded person because he born with that no he was a hero of his city he was a warrior everyone loved him everyone respected him everyone think of him as hero !! he did great things!! but something made him like that something changed him completely (and yeah he will back as hero again) even the warrior spirit still in him like he want to fight like warrior every time !! he hate cowards in battle so yeah he got few things make you like it he also have sense of humor I know that's weird but yeah !! he used to be funny person but his personality changed because something bad happened to him (read it to know if you want...) but problem is with his actions...

'Faze' pid='823961' dateline='1494228671' Wrote: Twist and action need a reason - the devils are in the details, why he did. But you can't tell, you need to show why.
- a character can't just flip from good-natured to a child killer for no reason.
- We the writer might know the reason because the story is inside us.
- Sometimes the message didn't reach the reader, other times is just preference.

Be the villain like Loki (thor marvel universe), we know he is evil but can't help to love him.

I arleady told them the reason...It was obvious one but problem is not to him the problem is in the level of disturbance in it :/

'SamJellyFish' pid='823945' dateline='1494199404' Wrote: Hello, everyone, it's me, Sam...
Well, my issues that since I started writing a story called the Silver Sabertooth (maybe some of you heard about it here) however I got problem, with my readers which are many of them liked at first but they turn it down later when they discover the level of disturbance and plot twists in it!! I guess they didn't like it ok for example my story the hero, Zeral just killed a kid because he told him to go and save his father from monsters but Zeral refused and killed the little kid...
OK, I know most of you will tell me WTF? ok here is my answer I wanted him to be like that I wanted him to be man with no heart no soul a lifeless person because he lost everything but in end you know he will change and back as "the typical heroes" however since I'm not famous so the few reader I got most of them are the people who love classic stories!! those stories with the classic ending I mean come on everyone know the story about a man who his wife got stolen by an evil man and he went to save her !! those classic things even are predictable and you know what's going to happen and still you love that story!! I can't say Zelda or SuperMario stories do sucks can I? even they are classic but amazing and I understand most of you love the classic stories but how to find those who love disturbance and plot twists? the things that keep you be like woow I NEVER EXPECTED THAT WILL HAPPEN!! how to get them?
Ok since this help section, I want some tips and help from other writers who wrote stories with disturbance and tell me how you can deal with your readers? how to get this type of readers? and who else got same issues tell me how he dealt with it please I need your help guys

I don't know how you ended up believing that people don't like your story when you only have one rating so far, and it is not that bad (3 stars). 

My advice to you is the same as the others. Yes, I know you have heard it a million times and it is a bit cliche, but the only way for you to get your readers back is to simply keep writing.

I can see that you are very opinionated and quite frustrated with your readers and I don't blame you. This happens all the time to the best of us. Here is a mantra I want you to say to yourself, not to improve your writing but for your own peace of mind. 

"I am a writer, and my job is to entertain people."

It is simple and will keep you focus on your job. As a writer, it is simply your job to entertain readers to the best of your ability. NOT to shove your way of thinking into others throat. It is okay to put your own philosophy in your stories, hey, you are the writer! But try to understand that other people have their own way of thinking and you cannot change that. So people like classic, nothing wrong with that. The old good versus evil and good triumphing in the end! It may be predictable but that doesn't mean they cannot be entertained. 

So your MC is an anti-hero. Nothing wrong with that either. And I don't think it has anything to do with "level of disturbance" as you call it. People are already sanitized to violence. A guy killing a child or a cute grandma? I've seen those in dark comedies. 

So the only real variable then is HOW you present the scenario. Maybe it is time to de-emphasize that scenario and jump to other places in your story instead. Start focusing at the heart of your story and where your MC is going, and not on a particular scene only. 

So good luck dude, and keep writing!
Check my fictions
"Invincible"
"Gamer of the Dead"
And the newest  "Slam No Basuke"

'batotit' pid='823998' dateline='1494307228' Wrote:
'SamJellyFish' pid='823945' dateline='1494199404' Wrote: Hello, everyone, it's me, Sam...

I don't know how you ended up believing that people don't like your story when you only have one rating so far, and it is not that bad (3 stars). 

My advice to you is the same as the others. Yes, I know you have heard it a million times and it is a bit cliche, but the only way for you to get your readers back is to simply keep writing.

I can see that you are very opinionated and quite frustrated with your readers and I don't blame you. This happens all the time to the best of us. Here is a mantra I want you to say to yourself, not to improve your writing but for your own peace of mind. 

"I am a writer, and my job is to entertain people."

It is simple and will keep you focus on your job. As a writer, it is simply your job to entertain readers to the best of your ability. NOT to shove your way of thinking into others throat. It is okay to put your own philosophy in your stories, hey, you are the writer! But try to understand that other people have their own way of thinking and you cannot change that. So people like classic, nothing wrong with that. The old good versus evil and good triumphing in the end! It may be predictable but that doesn't mean they cannot be entertained. 

So your MC is an anti-hero. Nothing wrong with that either. And I don't think it has anything to do with "level of disturbance" as you call it. People are already sanitized to violence. A guy killing a child or a cute grandma? I've seen those in dark comedies. 

So the only real variable then is HOW you present the scenario. Maybe it is time to de-emphasize that scenario and jump to other places in your story instead. Start focusing at the heart of your story and where your MC is going, and not on a particular scene only. 

So good luck dude, and keep writing!

It was on facebook not here :/ and I'm working on it thanks mate :)

Sams unite!

So my problem isn't necessarily that your hero's arc is disturbing--a former hero turned to the dark side by personal tragedy is classic, and shouldn't turn anyone off necessarily. The problem, at least for me, is that even an evil, heartless, soulless person has no reason to murder a child if they don't have anything to gain from it. Basically, when I hear your MC killed a little kid, I assume one of two things are happening:

1) The kid has money or something else the killer needs, in which case you need to specify that in the story, or
2) The killer enjoys murder, in which case he isn't really soulless and still feels something, and is also going to be really really difficult to turn back to the path of righteousness.

Do you see the problem? Either way, however well your story is going to sell his reformation, readers will be turned off because they won't think someone who kills kids for the fun of it DESERVES a chance to reform. There are certain lines a character can't cross if they ever want to be good again--or in the Anakin Skywalker mode, if they murdered innocent children, they can reform right before dying, and then die.
My ongoing work: The Clockwork Raven--clockpunk survival adventure of two teens vs. a sky full of dragons (RoyalRoad) (Wordpress)

'SamChapman' pid='824094' dateline='1494633191' Wrote: Sams unite!

So my problem isn't necessarily that your hero's arc is disturbing--a former hero turned to the dark side by personal tragedy is classic, and shouldn't turn anyone off necessarily. The problem, at least for me, is that even an evil, heartless, soulless person has no reason to murder a child if they don't have anything to gain from it. Basically, when I hear your MC killed a little kid, I assume one of two things are happening:

1) The kid has money or something else the killer needs, in which case you need to specify that in the story, or
2) The killer enjoys murder, in which case he isn't really soulless and still feels something, and is also going to be really really difficult to turn back to the path of righteousness.

Do you see the problem? Either way, however well your story is going to sell his reformation, readers will be turned off because they won't think someone who kills kids for the fun of it DESERVES a chance to reform. There are certain lines a character can't cross if they ever want to be good again--or in the Anakin Skywalker mode, if they murdered innocent children, they can reform right before dying, and then die.
He didn't kill him for fun, he did it because he annoyed him...As  I said my hero got something in him makes him a beast more than human !! he got no more humanity but soon he will regain it again...

As far as plot-building goes, in my experience there are two basic ways you should operate. The first option is to write your story with enough detail that readers can understand the world and the characters at sufficiently high level without you having to explain everything in the comments. The second option is to deliberately keep some facts hidden and drop hints about them along the way; some subtle, some more obvious. Yes you can keep something a total mystery too and make the readers guess what the hell is going on, but that approach demads good execution for it not to feel as some bs that the author has pulled out of his ass just because he wanted to put a certain scene or plot development in the novel, but failed to set the story up for it. Plot-twists can be very good if executed correctly, even more so if they make sense but aren't obvious to the reader until the moment they read them, but a poorly executed shift in the events/plot/characters will be seen as ridiculous instead of cool, surprising or amazing.
Tale of Vjaira - My main work that I am slowly editing and posting on RRL, an amazing adventure already spanning over 100 chapters (well over 1500 pages) with hundreds more to come.

A Child Blessed by The Heavens - My fanfic for the ISSTH contest. Not in the top 5, but got honorable mentions, yay~ Check it out if you are bored!

'Caladbolg' pid='824112' dateline='1494686120' Wrote: As far as plot-building goes, in my experience there are two basic ways you should operate. The first option is to write your story with enough detail that readers can understand the world and the characters at sufficiently high level without you having to explain everything in the comments. The second option is to deliberately keep some facts hidden and drop hints about them along the way; some subtle, some more obvious. Yes you can keep something a total mystery too and make the readers guess what the hell is going on, but that approach demads good execution for it not to feel as some bs that the author has pulled out of his ass just because he wanted to put a certain scene or plot development in the novel, but failed to set the story up for it. Plot-twists can be very good if executed correctly, even more so if they make sense but aren't obvious to the reader until the moment they read them, but a poorly executed shift in the events/plot/characters will be seen as ridiculous instead of cool, surprising or amazing.

Yup that's right I totaly agree with you about this and that's what I'm willing to do exactly and I hope I will not fail to provide amazing plot twists ;)