RE: Dense MC's

i don't dislike dense characters, as long as it's believable. however, most of the time the characters are so ridiculously dense coupled with being completely ignorant to the what's happening around them that i give up and move onto another story.

some people are dense, and that's fine. it's just when a character is denser than osmium that it's no longer enjoyable.

Thoughts on dense MCs? I hate them with passion. Well, okay, that might be a bit of an overexaggeration, but I still dislike them very much. Mind you a dense character is perfectly fine, but if it's MC who is dense... and if the story has a lot of romance parts where his denseness annoys me... then sure as hell I won't keep reading such a story.
Tale of Vjaira - My main work that I am slowly editing and posting on RRL, an amazing adventure already spanning over 100 chapters (well over 1500 pages) with hundreds more to come.

A Child Blessed by The Heavens - My fanfic for the ISSTH contest. Not in the top 5, but got honorable mentions, yay~ Check it out if you are bored!

I don't hate them. If I did I wouldn't watch anime or read manga. But when it's comes to romance and harem, I want to smack them! Gah!! She's giving you the signal! She's jealous! Look at her reaction and movement, what does that tell you!

It's worst when the supposed MC was written to be an intelligent or adult-like but can't tell what's going on.

It would be believable if the MC just didn't know the social customs of the place he was going or living. Or devoid of all human contact and common sense.

You know what, maybe I dislike them more than I thought. I just tolerated them.

So, when does a story need dense characters? 

Writer of Death Incarnate