RE: OP MC. With everything going his/her way

it really annoys me how some people think everyone who likes op mc's does not have taste or anything like that. Maybe im not in the mood to read something full of tension and just want some silly op shit? Maybe im tired of the standard storie structure shit and want a mc that just beats up everyone that pissed me off. If im honest i find almost every chinese xanxia story total bullshit and people still read thousands chapters of them and enjoy them. People are just fucking infuriating.

Edit: Im already sick of all of these fucking xanxia and FUCKING DEATH MARCH reccomendation on EVERY FUCKING THREAD ON NUF, dont do this shit on this site as well.

'Conviter' pid='824357' dateline='1495413773' Wrote: it really annoys me how some people think everyone who likes op mc's does not have taste or anything like that. Maybe im not in the mood to read something full of tension and just want some silly op shit? Maybe im tired of the standard storie structure shit and want a mc that just beats up everyone that pissed me off. If im honest i find almost every chinese xanxia story total bullshit and people still read thousands chapters of them and enjoy them. People are just fucking infuriating.

Edit: Im already sick of all of these fucking xanxia and FUCKING DEATH MARCH reccomendation on EVERY FUCKING THREAD ON NUF, dont do this shit on this site as well.

I have no issue with casual OP reads. We've all done it/do it. Its fun, and light.

What I'm more curious about is an OP character where everything goes their way. Plot centers around conflict, so it seems little iffy to have a story where the MC steamrolls all conflict. Chinese novels with OP characters tend to have a lot of conflict. The hero usually prevails, but not always. Sometimes they just escape with the intent to come back and steamroll the problem later.

If you guys have an example of a well-written story that has an OP MC with everything going their way, I'd be interested to read it.

'SeaGangster' pid='824369' dateline='1495435293' Wrote:
'Conviter' pid='824357' dateline='1495413773' Wrote: it really annoys me how some people think everyone who likes op mc's does not have taste or anything like that. Maybe im not in the mood to read something full of tension and just want some silly op shit? Maybe im tired of the standard storie structure shit and want a mc that just beats up everyone that pissed me off. If im honest i find almost every chinese xanxia story total bullshit and people still read thousands chapters of them and enjoy them. People are just fucking infuriating.

I have no issue with casual OP reads. We've all done it/do it. Its fun, and light.

What I'm more curious about is an OP character where everything goes their way. Plot centers around conflict, so it seems little iffy to have a story where the MC steamrolls all conflict. Chinese novels with OP characters tend to have a lot of conflict. The hero usually prevails, but not always. Sometimes they just escape with the intent to come back and steamroll the problem later.

If you guys have an example of a well-written story that has an OP MC with everything going their way, I'd be interested to read it.

Thats exactly why i like an op that just rolls everyone. sometimes i just dont want my mc to run away or to hide. i dont want him to first power up or get help to overcome the problem. i just want him to beat up every bad guy, or at least i want to know that the mc can beat up the bad person every time he wants. I dont mind them hiding their powers and only use them in an emergency, that can be really enjoyable actually as long as they dont overdo it with hiding their powers. I can understand that some people dont like op mc's cause they find it boring or whatever but they should just shut the fuck up about their "self-insert wish fulfillment"

I can recommend Polimath Redux or the sequel Polimath Redux Annex. The MC is really op and i dont think there is anyone stronge than him but the story is still really interessting and well written.

Another one is Re:Write the MC can literally rewrite reality so he is really fucking op but i heard its really good too. Did not read it yet.

1. I don't know if you meant my novel under this, but what makes you think that it is the same kind of XianXia as the others? It's similar to them until the first 54th chapter, but not later on. Also, my MCs ran away only twice up till now. Note that from 535k words and 1953 pages, it is a very tiny part. I'd be happy if you wouldn't make assumptions without even reading it. And I don't mean 20 chapters because like I said, things really change only later on.

2. NO, there aren't nobles and geniuses on every corner who will be beaten up. No, there aren't super sects and schools everywhere in an infinite cycle. Tho' there are school and sects, but they barely spend time in them. About one chapter? Otherwise, they are going on adventures anyway...

3. My point is that you shouldn't badmouth something without knowing anything about it. Read SSDX's review under my novel and you might learn more about this. As I said, this isn't a usual Xian Xia.

^^^^-- I didn't mean this offensively. Just a simple remark. --^^^^

On a side note. You commented on QoD about how you like the prolog but don't like health, mana, stat points/level.
I don't know if you left it after it or you are still with me, but I reworked it.
I didn't like it too much either, so you can give it a try if you are bored or interested in it. XD
Now people gain strength, etc by training their body, learning, meditating.... But if you read it, you will find out anyway.

Have a nice day.

'CorpseDead' pid='824374' dateline='1495448675' Wrote:

1. I don't know if you meant my novel under this, but what makes you think that it is the same kind of XianXia as the others? It's similar to them until the first 54th chapter, but not later on. Also, my MCs ran away only twice up till now. Note that from 535k words and 1953 pages, it is a very tiny part. I'd be happy if you wouldn't make assumptions without even reading it. And I don't mean 20 chapters because like I said, things really change only later on.

2. NO, there aren't nobles and geniuses on every corner who will be beaten up. No, there aren't super sects and schools everywhere in an infinite cycle. Tho' there are school and sects, but they barely spend time in them. About one chapter? Otherwise, they are going on adventures anyway...

3. My point is that you shouldn't badmouth something without knowing anything about it. Read SSDX's review under my novel and you might learn more about this. As I said, this isn't a usual Xian Xia.

^^^^-- I didn't mean this offensively. Just a simple remark. --^^^^

On a side note. You commented on QoD about how you like the prolog but don't like health, mana, stat points/level.
I don't know if you left it after it or you are still with me, but I reworked it.
I didn't like it too much either, so you can give it a try if you are bored or interested in it. XD
Now people gain strength, etc by training their body, learning, meditating.... But if you read it, you will find out anyway.

Have a nice day.

I was not talking about your story but about the xanxia genre in general, if it seemed like i was badmouthing your story, then im sorry.
I actually read What is it like to be Eternal for a bit but it didnt click with me, so i dropped it.

And yes, im still reading Queen of Devouring, i like that you changed that.

'Conviter' pid='824383' dateline='1495473850' Wrote: I was not talking about your story but about the xanxia genre in general, if it seemed like i was badmouthing your story, then im sorry.
I actually read What is it like to be Eternal for a bit but it didnt click with me, so i dropped it.

And yes, im still reading Queen of Devouring, i like that you changed that.

No problem.
Also, I'm glad that you are liking it. XD

Starvation March
Void Wolf
The Blue Mage Raised by Dragons

I'll edit it if I remember more, but all of these are really good.
I want to beat you to death with a blunt object.
I want to grab one of those high end fashion mannequins by the ankles and bash your ribcage in.
I want to sharpen fifty pencils, bind them with a rubber band, stick the lead ends in your mouth and punch the erasers.
I want to strap you to a bed of nails, then strap that bed on nails to the hood of my car so I can watch you suffer as we drive over speed bumps in a mall parking lot during an earthquake.
I want you to survive a terrible car crash but somehow not survive a small fender bender on the way back from the hospital.

-Dad

If you made it past the poem, you'll like my story: The Journey of the Ancients

'SeaGangster' pid='824369' dateline='1495435293' Wrote:

What I'm more curious about is an OP character where everything goes their way.  Plot centers around conflict, so it seems little iffy to have a story where the MC steamrolls all conflict.  Chinese novels with OP characters tend to have a lot of conflict. The hero usually prevails, but not always. Sometimes they just escape with the intent to come back and steamroll the problem later.

in chinese/japanese stories the MC is usually an OP pansey :/ but still sometimes fun to read