As an Author, what kind of stereotype readers do you like/hate the most?

What I like:

1. The generic greeters. Honestly, I do not get tired of the words: "Thanks for the chapter!" People don't need to write that, but the fact that they take the time is really cool.

2. The know-it -all. The one guy who will tell you that your MC holding a battle axe in one hand and a bastard sword on the other is simply not possible to be effective in combat because of how the human body is built or some crap like that. The guy who pokes holes in your magic system. Somehow, it actually makes my story more believable by either following the guy or just to prove him wrong.

What I don't like (Hate is too strong a word):

1. The author leecher:  Signature is fine, but if you comment like

"Thanks for the chapter, BTW here is the link to MY STORY: ____" 

I kinda feel that you are not there for my story.
Check my fictions
"Invincible"
"Gamer of the Dead"
And the newest  "Slam No Basuke"

RE: As an Author, what kind of stereotype readers do you like/hate the most?

The one I hate the most is, of course, a silent reader. The absolute bane of an author's existence. In my time I saw a lot of readers who could get on your nerves - short, meaningless comments, strawman arguments, belitteling naricissts, know-it-alls with egos inflated like baloons, wannabe literary critics, functional illiterates and even the dreaded gushing fans. However, there is nothing remotely as damning as silence.

As for my favourite reader, I guess it's one who wants to interact with me in a positive, supportive way. Whether it's appreciation or criticism, I love to discuss my story, exchange opinions and get a fresh perspective on my writing. Not only it provides me with extra insight, but it's a real positive reinforcement - it shows that they read my story and care about it enough to go in-depth.

'batotit' pid='824462' dateline='1495691721' Wrote: 2. The know-it -all. The one guy who will tell you that your MC holding a battle axe in one hand and a bastard sword on the other is simply not possible to be effective in combat because of how the human body is built or some crap like that. The guy who pokes holes in your magic system. Somehow, it actually makes my story more believable by either following the guy or just to prove him wrong.

I'm not fond of know-it-alls (people who always need to have the last word on everything), but I really appreciate people who have knowledge and are willing to share. One time, an actual forensic picked on my sci-fi story because it had a scene where DNA material was analysed in a matter of minutes. He pointed out that it's physically impossible - reading a DNA sequence analysis requires dissolving the material, and it can't be done that quickly without destroying the sample. I drew him into a discussion and learned that the absolute minimum time, given fantastic sci-fi tech, would be one to two hours. I adjusted my story and then showered him with other questions about forensics and police procedures, asking him to point out other holes. It was awesome. I learned a ton, and it filled in so many holes I had in my story.
"There are two kinds of people: Those who create to become someone great, and those who become someone great to create."
- Katherine Sun

'Eleven_11' pid='825094' dateline='1497350775' Wrote: The one I hate the most is, of course, a silent reader. The absolute bane of an author's existence. In my time I saw a lot of readers who could get on your nerves - short, meaningless comments, strawman arguments, belitteling naricissts, know-it-alls with egos inflated like baloons, wannabe literary critics, functional illiterates and even the dreaded gushing fans. However, there is nothing remotely as damning as silence.

At this point in time, I think I like the silent readers. People who find your work, read and enjoy it, and then go onwith  their lives. I have to admit, for movies, I am certainly guilty of this as well. As a writer, I can understand the need for feedback, but sometimes a knee jerk reaction from a reader will not help the author OR the readers in the long run.

That being said, here is another group of people that I really like: The closet likers. The people who somehow had a hard time telling anyone that they like something. 

"Your MC is so stupid I want to drop this! Good thing for you there are nothing good in RRL right now or you will be sorry!"

" I can't believe I just read 30 chapter of this shit for 2 hours! What a pussy, retarded, coward MC you have. And why is chapter 31 not yet uploaded, its been 2 days!" 

Somehow you will always be able to sense them from the fact that they will comment almost in every chapter. lol
Check my fictions
"Invincible"
"Gamer of the Dead"
And the newest  "Slam No Basuke"

'Eleven_11' pid='825094' dateline='1497350775' Wrote: The one I hate the most is, of course, a silent reader. The absolute bane of an author's existence. In my time I saw a lot of readers who could get on your nerves - short, meaningless comments, strawman arguments, belitteling naricissts, know-it-alls with egos inflated like baloons, wannabe literary critics, functional illiterates and even the dreaded gushing fans. However, there is nothing remotely as damning as silence.

As for my favourite reader, I guess it's one who wants to interact with me in a positive, supportive way. Whether it's appreciation or criticism, I love to discuss my story, exchange opinions and get a fresh perspective on my writing. Not only it provides me with extra insight, but it's a real positive reinforcement - it shows that they read my story and care about it enough to go in-depth.

^ This to an absolute 'T'.
"The others said that they saw a dog the size of a tree, but they didn't. Dogs are not as big as trees."
-Lisa, 5 years old.

I am extremely bad at advertisement, so I'll just link my story here and let you guys be the judge.

I don't like the rating with no review. It's like "Why did this person give me a 3.5? We will never know because they said nothing about it." I want criticism, I want feedback, I want ideas, I want theories, I want praise, I want complaints, I want acknowledgement. And just rating or being silent makes it weird for me, it feels so disconnected and cold. I want to write what I want to read but also what others want to read, and the lack of information and conversation makes it very lonely.

I want to know what I can improve, I want to know what I do well, I want to know what needs to change. I want to know! And the lack of these things makes me feel like maybe writing isn't for me. I enjoy it, I love it, but it makes me feel sad because I want to create something that I know is liked, that I know is welcomed. I want to create something that everyone who likes it can put a little into as well, that readers who care can see themselves as part of the process of creating something they loved and enjoyed just as much as me.
Seriously tho, have you ever seen an emotional duck? 

most of the time, ppl just giving out reviews and all that base on how they feel about the characters, plots, etc. which, in some ways a good thing, but more often than not, it's just bland personal preferences rather than how good the fiction is written and the like

like giving insta-0.5s because the MC is weak, pathetic or some such
or insta-5s because s/he is OP as fk and ppl keep on flocking after her/him

'mlovolm' pid='828345' dateline='1507354549' Wrote: most of the time, ppl just giving out reviews and all that base on how they feel about the characters, plots, etc. which, in some ways a good thing, but more often than not, it's just bland personal preferences rather than how good the fiction is written and the like

like giving insta-0.5s because the MC is weak, pathetic or some such
or insta-5s because s/he is OP as fk and ppl keep on flocking after her/him

I understand it's a preference for some...but I will NEVER see the appeal of outrageously OP protagonists. I mean, it's one thing if your protagonist is a deity-like being and therefore having power is understandable. Hell, even superheroes are okay if they're done correctly. But stories where the MC is a normal human, but becomes a godly badass for not logical reason whatsoever? Those really irk me. 

And then when the reader complains that your MC ISN'T overly powerful? 
Like, why did you click on this story in the first place?
"The others said that they saw a dog the size of a tree, but they didn't. Dogs are not as big as trees."
-Lisa, 5 years old.

I am extremely bad at advertisement, so I'll just link my story here and let you guys be the judge.

i suppose some people like OP MCs, but they like to crapping the reviews more :v they can just leave the fictions without crapping it with all the insta-0.5, instead, they like to piss a bit over the place to mark their territories or to show that they were there Neutral
they assume that they're giving out reviews, but well, guess what, it's not really so *shrug*