Dos and Dont's for authors

Hello, everyone! 

I am currently writing in a doc and will be posting what I write soon, however, as a new writer on this site, I would like to know what the people here like and despise in an author's story. What grind your gears? What makes you enjoy a story more? what makes you ask, "Why would you do that?" I don't want this to only be for myself, but for other writers to know the things that are appreciated and others not so much. And for readers to express their thoughts on many things authors does in this websites either good or bad.

Thank you! 

:)  :-Robber-tiny-:

RE: Dos and Dont's for authors

Everybody has there own preferences but I feel that there are some things that everyone can agreed on.
Here's my thoughts.

Like: Plot twists, merciless or intelligent main leads, great supporting/side characters, I like it when there was a war involved or focus on business/economy, I love revenge stories

Dislike: Dense MC, stupid misunderstandings, bunch of jargon

'node.' pid='824967' dateline='1497022477' Wrote: Everybody has there own preferences but I feel that there are some things that everyone can agreed on.
Here's my thoughts.

Like: Plot twists, merciless or intelligent main leads, great supporting/side characters, I like it when there was a war involved or focus on business/economy, I love revenge stories

Dislike: Dense MC, stupid misunderstandings, bunch of jargon

On the revenge aspect, although I love them, sometimes it's just too cliché. I like a revenge story that makes me feel anger towards the enemy. I've noticed that a few just randomly throw in revenge without any weight to it, however, I agree, revenge stories are really entertaining.

thing i like
-good, complex characters buildings 'n developments of not only MCs
-good, complex world building, even better if it's original, unique
-good, complex, un-cliche' plots, plot twists
-consistent chapter release rate
-story with a decent amount of engineering, inventing, politics, diplomacy, etc.  or any outside, extra knowledge, research, not just some pure "fullfillment OP MC" stories or some pure cliche'
typical/classical "adventuring" stories that need no intellegence to write
-good, decent grammar

thing i don't like
-many people choose the "kool MC" route (evil, smart, merciless, etc.) however, most of those characters become somewhat similar if not the same, and most of the time, those traits 're not consistent, making the characters become "hypocrite in reverse"

e.g: MC being "o-so-cool" merciless, smart, etc. but then always acting cliche'ly when it comes to dealing with all the slavery and racism
  Other character: "I'm Evil, Merciless Demon, Are u scared now?"
  MC: "hah, Demon, so what, u take care of me/u 're my friend, so why do i have to be scared?"
that type of scene is extremely cliche'y, like, everyone keeps on using it just to show that the MC has some uncommon, modern, advanced belief, being better than the common populace, etc.
can't they use other means to do so? or choose to use a MC that actually "go with the flow" or something

-info dump, i hate story with info dump about world building and such right off the bat, and in buck, stuff like
e.g: "this world is called XXX, it has X continents, continent A inhabited by the Z, B by L, C by M,...the planet has Q moons, 24 hours a day, 360 days a years, blah blah blah,..."
while all those info dump actually, never being relevant to the story at all, the characters never really trvel pass the border of the countries they 're in, and those "24 hours a day" or "360 days a year" never come into play a single time

-stories being written half-assly, plots never developped throughoutly, lacks of actual foreshadows, etc. so the authors ended up with a bunch of "A/N:~~~", or being flooded with questions coming from readers

-JP-style fullfilling romance, harem, etc. (eventhough there 're actually many decent JP Novels)