RE: Storie with Magic/gods with modern Day

If you havent read the Dresden Files by Jim Butcher yet, I would recommend them. I started reading The Iron Druid chronicles because they were similar to the Dresden Files, so recommending them in the opposite direction makes sense. I consider the Dresdon Files slightly better than the Iron Druid chronicles. The main character is both strong and weak, though the weak part mostly comes from him often getting in way over his head, partialy due to his records - think: "oh that guy dealth with those really hardcore things, he can probably also tackle this other really hardcore problem", which mostly becomes apparent some books in. That said, the MC is a somewhat strong wizard. The story contains elements of fantasy, supernatural detective work, action, and humor.

Otherwise you should probably look around for stories in the genre of "urban fantasy".

RE: Storie with Magic/gods with modern Day

You've inspired me to write a story about gods in a modern world so thanks.
I want to beat you to death with a blunt object.
I want to grab one of those high end fashion mannequins by the ankles and bash your ribcage in.
I want to sharpen fifty pencils, bind them with a rubber band, stick the lead ends in your mouth and punch the erasers.
I want to strap you to a bed of nails, then strap that bed on nails to the hood of my car so I can watch you suffer as we drive over speed bumps in a mall parking lot during an earthquake.
I want you to survive a terrible car crash but somehow not survive a small fender bender on the way back from the hospital.

-Dad

If you made it past the poem, you'll like my story: The Journey of the Ancients