Synopsis

Somewhere in the vast universe, an alternate reality to what we know.. which occurs in the year 3016 where Earth has already made contact with other sentient beings of space and has become much more technologically advanced. 

Meet the good-for-nothing anti-social NEET Jasper. Let's just say that he was born under an unlucky star, being wrongfully incarcerated in the galaxy's most infamous private maximum security prison, home to serial killers and many cut-throat criminals. Will Casper be able to prove his innocence and adapt to the cruel and oppressive prison system and rise up the food chain?

------

http://royalroadl.com/fiction/9271/hive-locked-up-in-space

First fiction I ever wrote, so I'm still a novice. I hope I can get constructive criticism, i'm trying to keep my novel "unique".. at least somewhat. I've already written to the point where it should start picking up the pace after the next chapter (third chapt as of now). Most of the foundations should be kind of laid out but I'd like some input on how I can improve and if you agree w/ the general direction I'm taking this novel.

Although the chapters have been short, I believe I have been trying to improve. 500words -> 700 ish. I've tried plotting out what I want to write in a notebook before typing out and I find it really helps, so my most recent chapter has a small increase.