Review of a Fantasy Story

I'm almost at the end of my first arc in my fantasy story. About 16 chapters and and almost around 30K words.  It's about 103 pages in RRL though I'm not sure how this page count works.

I want to get some thoughts on what was good, what was absolute crap as I hit the next arc of the story.  I'd love to get feedback, anything that would make it feel less like I'm shouting into an empty hole.

The link's in my signature and please be warned that it's not litRPG or a portal fantasy. It's more traditional fantasy, perhaps with a touch of my own.
 The Open Road -  Colourful action/ Weary protagonist/ Vivid descriptions - My take on what happens after the end of a typical fantasy story.

RE: Review of a Fantasy Story

'baronblackwell' pid='825578' dateline='1498423739' Wrote: I read the first chapter and liked what I saw.

I'll trade you a review for a review, if you'd like?

Here's mine. http://royalroadl.com/fiction/12313/the-undying-prince

It's a deal. I actually saw the review for your story on webfiction guide and was intrigued and was going to check out your story.

I'll post the review up both here on RRL and on webfiction guide.It'd be great if you could do the same.

'WhoCares' pid='825674' dateline='1498600175' Wrote: It's about 275 words to a page, iirc. Also down for a review swap (link in sig)

Thanks for the clarification. I was quite confused by it, but now I think I understand. It gives you the real size a story, something the number of chapters don't.

Sure. I'm up for a swap. Would be great to do it.
 The Open Road -  Colourful action/ Weary protagonist/ Vivid descriptions - My take on what happens after the end of a typical fantasy story.

'thelonewanderer' pid='825709' dateline='1498667911' Wrote:
'baronblackwell' pid='825578' dateline='1498423739' Wrote: I read the first chapter and liked what I saw.

I'll trade you a review for a review, if you'd like?

Here's mine. http://royalroadl.com/fiction/12313/the-undying-prince

It's a deal. I actually saw the review for your story on webfiction guide and was intrigued and was going to check out your story.

I'll post the review up both here on RRL and on webfiction guide.It'd be great if you could do the same.

Okay, no problem. I'll start reading tomorrow.

'baronblackwell' pid='825724' dateline='1498709154' Wrote: Okay, no problem. I'll start reading tomorrow.

Thanks a lot for your review. The feedback was appreciated. I'll take your advice about the hook, about the beginning and the synopsis. It was good to hear them.

I'm about halfway done with your story now, and if work doesn't interrupt me tomorrow, I'll post it up then.  Otherwise, I'll get it up on Tuesday latest.

'thelonewanderer' pid='825801' dateline='1499028726' Wrote:
'baronblackwell' pid='825724' dateline='1498709154' Wrote: Okay, no problem. I'll start reading tomorrow.

Thanks a lot for your review. The feedback was appreciated. I'll take your advice about the hook, about the beginning and the synopsis. It was good to hear them.

I'm about halfway done with your story now, and if work doesn't interrupt me tomorrow, I'll post it up then.  Otherwise, I'll get it up on Tuesday latest.

You're welcome. I'm glad it was somwhat helpful. And I apolgize for Arc 3, it's still in the middle of rewrites, though I hope to finish it by this week. The story picks up steam again in Arc 4 and doesn't really let up until the end of Arc 5.