Amnesia - Reveal or Hide?

Hi everyone, here's just someone who also wants to make their own story, yet all aspects of it are still fragmented.

A quick background to the MC, it's another "another world" fiction, where a man's soul is placed on a child who had supposedly died from an accident. So the MC carries memories from his 'former world', while the rest knows him as a child from 'this world'. A quick twist however, that the MC, while he retains his memories, does not remember specific details like his friend and families' names. 

Carrying his previous memories, he is expected to know the past memories of the child, but he does not. So he is in a state of 'Amnesia', from the PoV of the child's family.

So here's the catch - the sister of the child was the cause of the accident. It was already revealed to her that the MC does not remember the child's name, or the sister's. I can branch this off to two -

The MC reveals to the entire family that he has amnesia and does not remember them. 
OR
The sister hides the fact from the family that he has amnesia, and helps him live the child's former life.

What do you guys think? Any thoughts?

RE: Amnesia - Reveal or Hide?

I'd say the second too, a revelation like this would need to have some impact on the plot if you do decide on the former method. If it doesn't have any relevant plot progression it may not be worth revealing. Keeping it a secret however could open different possibilities as to how the MC deals with encounters considering he has to keep up the facade.

I mean having a fatal accident be the catalyst for the reincarnation sort of builds in an excuse for the MC to have amnesia - it's a trope for a reason. For that reason I think your first option is a bit better. Mostly because I realllllly have trouble envisioning a scenario where someones sister would aid and abet in an invasion of the body snatchers situation - but if you can sell it that would be really interesting to read!

Thanks for your inputs! I decided with the second route now. I feel like with the first option, the MC will tend to be an outcast or be "I don't belong to this world" thinking, which can skew character development. Besides, we have a lot of stories going that way already. With the sister being involved, it adds a mix to the normal trope since the MC has to deal with her throughout the story.