Advertisement

Choose Your Background

• Noah Bradley: A place to call Home

• Noah Bradley: Their Mournful Tones

Maromar's review list

Mn, queued it up, church13.

Also, thanks for your concern Tanaka, the current list is a bit much but I don't mind it. If it gets overwhelming I'll post a stop order for a while.
Currently published on RRL: 

Mystic Nan (Science Fantasy, Animesque)
Hello Maromar. Thank you for the review the other day. I was so happy about it. The score was kinda disappointing but the content motivated me a lot.

Do you have any tip for me how to improve my writing? I guess there is a problem with style but I do not know how to improve it.
Hello back, Junior creep. I'm happy that you were happy with the content at least. Looking back, I do think I'm a bit harder on stories than other reviewers out there, so take anything I say with a spoonful of salt.  

Style is a... difficult thing to talk about due to it being subjective. In the most basic sense, we're looking at things like syntax and diction; the ordering and construction of phrases and pure word choice. These are things that develop naturally through hours of your life sacrificed to the keyboard. There few true shortcuts to take, and anything you learn may garner love from one end of the audience while irritating the other.  

There are, however, a plethora of little tricks that can be taken advantage of. Reading what you write outloud, reducing redundancy, and reading the works of as many different authors as you can to analyse their style, constantly asking yourself what works for them and what doesn't work for them, allows you to get an edge in developing your own style.

It's not an overnight process, but neither is writing in general. We walk a road beset by heavy rain and paved with thorns, but the destination is well worth the pain and discomfort.

I appreciate your review Maromar!

You were really too kind and you've given me a lot to think about while I write the next bits. So thank you! And I'll try to lay off the interludes, no one seems to like them.
Read my story if you want it's called Once More
Think nothing of it, the read was a pleasurable one!

I would love for someone like you to be able to review my newest WN, called "I Am the "God of Death", Whatever That Means."
Link: https://royalroadl.com/fiction/13513/i-a...that-means
Thank you for your time!
"She said I am not afraid to, die
All my friends are dead
Push me to the edge
All my friends are dead
Push me to the edge"
Excerpt from XO Tour Llif3
I'll add it to the list! And thank you for the read.

Hi Maromar,

Thank you for the honest review! I greatly appreciated such a detailed review on the first novel and had to admit that despite the low point, it is this kind of review that I seek. I would rather have a 3 but shows my problems exactly as it was while remaining constructive and extremely polite than a perfect 5 but without any substance. While it is a bit late now that the novel is finished, I will take in mind for the incoming novels.

As for the second novel "Insurrection", if you don't mind, can you tell me a bit more details about what the problems are? The writing style obviously is one since it is the same as the first one (and here I thought I have polished it somehow).

Anyway, thank you again for the time you spent on my novels! I have also a third novel "The Hanged Man" but with only a few chapters (story completely separated from the other two with a new genre I wanted to try for a while now). If you have the time, check it out!