Domain of Man

Domain of Man, the, is a story about traveling to another world. This is new and unheard of. It was such an original concept, I had to take up the reins. Wait! Don't leave yet!
Domain of Man is also about the brutality of "anywhere that isn't modern civilization". How prepared are you for the zombie apocalypse? Who thrives when it all goes to hell? It's survival. I've never heard of anyone writing an edgy story about another world, either. It's definitely not a subgenre. Wait! Just a little longer.
Domain of Man is mostly a story of human perseverance. A disappointing element of many stories is the glorification of inhuman things, exceeding human limits in such a way that humanity is abandoned. Lightning bolts flying everywhere! Nonhuman MC's! Those stories are really entertaining, especially the cream of the crop, but they forgot something. Part of my favorite element of LMS, the draw, was the sheer determination of the protagonist. I want to give people that struggle to succeed again. I want to show them that the most terrifying monster is all around them, just another human being with a goal. Everyone has the potential to be a hero, it's just that most die before it ever comes to be.

The introduction starts with 27 people trapped in a massive cave. They all arrived naked, afraid, and while most came with family, it suddenly just stopped feeling so relevant, like a luxury each of them couldn't afford. Right when things started to go alright, their mile-high-up cave-mouth gets a visitor.
If you're interested in the story, here's the URL: https://royalroadl.com/fiction/13157/domain-of-man

Thank you for stopping by the thread! If there's anything you're especially interested in about the setting or the story, you can also use this as a bit of a discussion thread. I'll try to answer questions and respond to feedback, though I can't promise my answers wont be "it's a secret".