Breaking a Lurking habit

I often find when joining a new community that there is an initial weird stage where it would feel wrong to just jump on a 30 page thread with "Yeah, that's what I thought too". Of course, it's not really, but that doesn't help the awkward.

So I want to break with the habit of perpetual lurking and introduce myself. I'm a writer, of primarily science fiction, and have been such since my teenage years. I'm also a gamer, which led to my career in the games industry for most of the time since.

My story on RRL is called Metrodome: Tyran. It's one I've been writing for well over a decade now, though I'm in the process of cleaning up the existing chapters and pushing it on to completion. If you like your cyberpunk bleak and dystopian, please check it out.

I also recently published my first novel, Cloudgazer, on Amazon Kindle and Kobo.com (another one that's been in progress for decades). Set in a world without ground, it follows the exploits of a man named Kiy Tanthar. Kiy's a mercenary carrying an ancient, highly-advanced grappling tool from the forgotten technological glory of the Gold Age. Such individuals are known as Cloudgazers.

Anyway, that's a little about me, think I'll leave it at that. It's a pleasure to be part of the community. 

Are there any fellow lurkers out there looking to introduce themselves? Go ahead and reply, you know you want to!
Freelance games developer and author, writing (among other things) the grim cyberpunk dystopia of Metrodome Tyran.
https://images-eu.ssl-images-amazon.com/...GQE21L.jpg
Author of Cloudgazer, a scifi/dieselpunk adventure. Available now on Amazon and Kobo!

RE: Breaking a Lurking habit

'nasir05' pid='826809' dateline='1501889354' Wrote: welcome my friend. i hope your stay here is fun and relaxing.  congratz on pushing through the lurking wall.

Thanks! Good to be here.

'EviLuna' pid='826813' dateline='1501897592' Wrote: U discarded the chance to be invisible! woops... me too I guess.

I can still be invisible; my optical camouflage is working fine =)
Freelance games developer and author, writing (among other things) the grim cyberpunk dystopia of Metrodome Tyran.
Author of Cloudgazer, a scifi/dieselpunk adventure. Available now on Amazon and Kobo!

RE: Breaking a Lurking habit

'bubbleduck' pid='826865' dateline='1502089001' Wrote: Ooh, sci-fi.

Some other sci-fi. Let me know if there's anything you want added.

That's a very useful list, hopefully I'll get around to checking a few of those out. I think it's also good that you've focused on RRL stories, so that they get better exposure and so that people browsing the list know they can read any right away without having to purchase or sign up anywhere.

I'd like to add Metrodome: Tyran if I may, although I'm not sure what category it would fall under. Individual Focus, maybe? There are some unexplained forces and phenomena that make it probably the closest I've ever got to writing paranormal/pseudoscience, but I would classify it as dystopian scifi for the most part. 3 chapters are up at the moment, but they tend to be long ones. There's another 5 written so far, undergoing some cleanup.