RE: What do I need to make a good novel?

Seeing these people, I think we should have a stickied post telling young/new demoralized authors that feeling shit is part of the game.

Many things in life, you don't get right the first time. Riding a bike, horse, shooting, basketball, you get the point. You don't get to be the next NBA superstar by standing for 15 minutes in court and shooting hoops, no, you spend years of dedication and training to be there. The same applies to, yes, writing. Brandon Sanderson (Co author of the wheel of time when the original author died along with other top selling books) wrote for 7 years, I think is what he claimed, before having his debut book published. Stephen King (If you don't know this guy, pay a hobo a couple of bucks to punch you in the face) started writing when he was still a little kid and only had his first ever published book, Carrie, when he was already married and had 2 kids.

See the trend here?

Everything people consider as something beautiful is made through sweat blood and tears. Da Vinci didn't become himself by simply being born, no. He had talent, sure but talent only takes you ahead so far. The rest depends on how far you decide to take your advantages and run with it. It's all up to you if you think the pain of continuing is worth it or not.
They said the world is ending.
They are wrong. Its only changing.
https://i.imgur.com/LqcYAhwt.jpg

I don't know if this is helpful to you or anyone else, but it is something that pertains to my own history in writing.

When I first started writing short stories, I was waaaaaay too critical of myself. I went throuhg draft after draft eventually butchering the story itself and discarding it.

Well, I had a peculiar niche and experimental writing style back then, which I couldn't get to work because it didn't I realized people weren't looking for art. They were looking for a good story.

Once I started to become less critical of my work and focused more on writing easy to read things, stuff flows out much more naturally.

I'm not saying it's bad to be critical of your own work. But there is a balance to be found there. Once you find that sweet spot and a proper writing voice, the rest comes natural.

Alright, I am no one to talk as I have just started writing novels very recently and one of them kinda blew up outta nowhere, but this is what I have learned.
1. A good novel and a popular novel are 2 different things in the eyes of each reader. Someone might think dramas are good novel but can obviously see that LitRPG is the most popular. Some might see it the other way around.
2. You can't let people bring you down. If you get a review saying it is bad just don't listen to them. Continue going through with your story and sooner or later someone will come around saying it is good.
3. Write at your own pace. Don't release chapters that are rushed because you feel that you have a schedule to abide by. That is asking for there to be errors and not be as good as if you took your time.
4. Final thing is to use an original idea. My main character fights to the sound of music and instead of growing in power throughout the story he grows in understanding of the world around him. Do something original like that.
"She said I am not afraid to, die
All my friends are dead
Push me to the edge
All my friends are dead
Push me to the edge"
Excerpt from XO Tour Llif3

"After I entered inside the yacht and I killed their guards." << At such times, you don't have to use the 'I' for a second time. So it goes like: "After I entered inside the yacht and killed their guards." I too had this mistake when I started since I didn't know about it. Different native languages. :P

Before I follow through, let's get this clear. I'm just trying to help with constructive criticism. I won't tell you what or how to write since it will be up to you anyway. These are just suggestions.

Firstly, I think that your current tense is no good for writing. You have no idea how much shit you will see and get stuck because of it in the future. It's not that much of a problem if you are native, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I would recommend past tense with third POV or first pov if you intend to write. It will make things easier and personally, I prefer reading in such tense too.

You must know the following before deciding. Building side characters can be really troublesome in first person pov since you can't add anything other than what the MC knows, sees, hears. It's the same with the plot and such other things. But it gives an 'I'm closer to the MC' feeling, though that might be just me. This version is likely to contain numerous POV changes, which many don't like since their flow of attention/immersion breaks... (low attention span/shitty focus, I say since I have never had a problem with it, but meh...)

Whilst in third POV, you don't have such problems since you can talk through the side characters' eyes too, introduce new things much more easily, etc. What you have to watch out for in third pov. Don't add your emotions in as the narrator. Don't express it through your narrator. Express it through your characters since your narrator isn't a character. Make sure to remember that.

her last words were: "kill the twins or you will die." << this too is from your novel. When making a dialog, you don't put : before something that had been said.
This is just a simple example, but it could go like this:
Struggling to breathe for one last time, her lips uttered her last words, "Kill the twins or you will die." The light in her eyes faded out and her body slumped. Her blood covered body laid dead on the ground, lifeless.

In dialogs, you can use the legendary 'said, shouted, exclaimed, grumbled, muttered, mumbled, whispered, chuckled, laughed/said with a chuckle, said with a laugh,' etc... these are just examples.
You put a comma before and after the sentence in a dialog.

>>>Raising up the pan in her hands, "Do you want me to hit you? I'll do so gladly," she said with furrowed brows as she waved the pan in her hands. Full stops (dots) are actually a mistake.

After reading a bit into your novel, I've noticed that you have no dialogs and people make no sense. The same is true even to facts, which should be believable. For example,
"The problem with my job is that I'm the objective of the police and other assassins but at least I'm paid well, 1.693.327 rubles for every head. I have seen a lot of things in my life but I never expected what happened."

No. If an assassin kills somebody, they don't have a fixed payment. It changes depending on how hard their mission is. In my opinion, you can lie and tell anything to your reader. But the author has to come up with good enough reasons to make it believable. In this case, you could have added some info about an agent, which paid this much after each mission, no matter how hard or easy it was. That would have made his 'fix payment' more believable.

Obviously, this example is quite stupid, but it serves its purpose as an example. :S

Also, you should write more dialogs and space your text blocks. Nobody wants to read a 20+lines long paragraph...
It will be tiring the more you write, but think. That's the core of everything. Currently (btw, try avoiding adverbs like these in a novel), your characters are completely non-real. I know that you wrote that it will be fictional in your description, which is fine, but then you can't really make a 'good novel' from most people's perspective. This is because there won't be many people who can relate to your characters, ergo they won't be liked.

Women don't just jump on the MC and they should talk much more, even if they do. Is the MC an incubus, who uses Magic to enslave women or what? Anyway, I don't think that many people would like such a thing, but that too would make more sense in your novel. My point is that you should always look for the question: "WHY?" is it like this, and "WHY?" is it happening? etc.

If you need more stuff, then come to Discord since I'm there most of the time.

As people said before, there will be bad reviews and good reviews. There will be people who like/love it and there will be people who hate and dislike it. Somebody might just arrives at his/her home, sits down and want to read about completely unreal characters. Something that they find amusing. Your novel is lovable in that case. Things like these can happen. Anyway, I found fault in 1-2 replies here, but that's my personal opinion and most of them are useful.

P.S:. I know about my mistakes and accept them. That's the first step to take if you want to become better.
Some of you might disagree with my words above, but that's your personal opinion, whilst this is mine. :P

Stop trying to cater to a crowd or anyone else for that matter.
Look and accept truthful criticism, but try to realise what is actually behind that criticism rather than blindly following it.
Your readers' opinions matter, but not enough for you to sidetrack your own story to please them.
If someone dislikes you, you're doing a good job. If everyone dislikes you, you're doing a bad job.
Avoid dialogue tags.

You have to be a bit sadistic. What I mean by that is, you need create characters you love enough for you to want to finish their story and tell it the best way possible, but you need to put those same characters through horrible situations. Conflict and pain will grow them as characters, but putting things you love through that kind of harrowing experience is hard. So, you have to be a little bit twisted. You're hurting them so they can grow and flourish, which sounds like the mindset of a psychopath.

for the fiction, it depends on what kind of 'good' u want it to be, or to be considered 'good' by which type of readers, etc.

for example, from my POV, as someone who's read a lot of fictions and someone who likes to read fantasy/sci-fi, but as realistic, deep, wide as possible, it'd be
1. a story with big, sensible, logical world building
2. a story with good, robust plotline
3. as little cliche' as possible, things like 'Good-vs-Evil', 'Prophecy', 'World-level threat', etc.
4. as much intellectual elements as possible, things like politics, business, kingdom management/building, army, warfare tactics, strategies, etc.
5. best not to be the type or have the 'vibe', where, the world and the story basically 'end' when the fiction is over (with the big bad guy dies and the world being peaceful and whatnot), instead be the 'history' type one (where the 'history' continues on after the story revolving your characters is over)
6. 'more showing, less telling'
etc.

as a writer, to write a good story, u gonna
1. have to be able to 'live through' all the criticisms
2. being patient enough, there're a lot of good stuff in RRL that being dropped or the writers just not patient enough to put in efforts
3. a lot of efforts, investments, side-researching, for example, u can't build a fantasy world if u don't know how geography work, u can't build a great character if u don't know anything about how people interact, think, etc.
4. being open minded enough to take in constructive criticisms, but 'closed' enough so that u won't keep on getting swayed by people's opinions
-------------------------------------
-personally, i value the 3rd one the most, to make a good fiction, u not only need to be a writer, with good grammar and whatnot, but u also need a lot of side-knowledge
-writing about an assassin and u need to know how those with that occupation operate
-building a world, with maps, cities, towns, villages and u need to know geography
-writing about a feudal government civilization and u need to know how the aristocratic+feudal government works
-minding ur every word u write, for example, u write about a medieval world, that means technical, modern terms like 'teleport', 'radio', 'capitalism', 'communism', etc. is unusable because they're supposed to not exist
etc.